Closed Thread

Old 04-30-2008, 06:03 PM   #571  
Denise

S/C/G: 354/ticker/183

Height: 5'11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSTeacher View Post
This week has been awful. Off plan like crazy. I'm depressed about cheating but it's been a downward spiral. I'm definitely not weighing in this week. Why am I losing momentum when I'm halfway there???
First, a hug....

Do you remember the analogy about the exit ramp? If you were driving down the highway, and you missed your exit.... would you keep right on driving, cussing yourself out about missing the exit, blaming yourself about what a bad person you were because you missed that exit, only to continue to drive on and on?? OR.... do you get off at the next exit, make the correction, and move on?

It's time to just move on. It's not worth it to beat yourself up over it. Every choice you make, path you take, etc... molds you into the wonderful person you are. Learn from it, and it will be worth it in the long run.

Do you remember where you were the last time you were at your weight? Do you remember how you felt at that time? Where you depressed or struggling? Could there be something that is holding you back, or blocking you? I remember that I got stuck for a moment and had to think back to the time I was at my weight (when my block happened) and I remembered that it was the last time I lost what I thought was a lot of weight. I realized that I was scared that I might not be able to pass that amount. I wrote it down, and really let it process. And when I mean wrote it down.... I did... the good the bad the ugly.... anything that would come to mind, went on that paper. Then I let it go.

Does this make sense?

You're going to be fine..... just hold tight

Last edited by namaste; 04-30-2008 at 06:05 PM.
Old 04-30-2008, 08:58 PM   #572  
Christie

S/C/G: 197/ticker/135

Height: 5'4

I had to sign off rather quickly earlier, and I didn't get to say congrats to everyone else!! exsquisit, that's awesome!!! And I know I can't remember everyone else and I don't have a lot of time to go back to check. CONGRATS ON THE LOSSES!!!
Old 04-30-2008, 09:04 PM   #573  
Christie

Quote:
Originally Posted by namaste View Post
First, a hug....

Do you remember the analogy about the exit ramp? If you were driving down the highway, and you missed your exit.... would you keep right on driving, cussing yourself out about missing the exit, blaming yourself about what a bad person you were because you missed that exit, only to continue to drive on and on?? OR.... do you get off at the next exit, make the correction, and move on?

It's time to just move on. It's not worth it to beat yourself up over it. Every choice you make, path you take, etc... molds you into the wonderful person you are. Learn from it, and it will be worth it in the long run.

Do you remember where you were the last time you were at your weight? Do you remember how you felt at that time? Where you depressed or struggling? Could there be something that is holding you back, or blocking you? I remember that I got stuck for a moment and had to think back to the time I was at my weight (when my block happened) and I remembered that it was the last time I lost what I thought was a lot of weight. I realized that I was scared that I might not be able to pass that amount. I wrote it down, and really let it process. And when I mean wrote it down.... I did... the good the bad the ugly.... anything that would come to mind, went on that paper. Then I let it go.

Does this make sense?

You're going to be fine..... just hold tight
I would just like to send you a big !! That was very deep and profound.

And MSteacher, I'm so sorry things suck so bad right now. But I think Denise has a wonderful idea. And I'm sending you a GIANT , b/c sometimes we all just need to be hugged and reminded that we are amazing creatures and we have the ability to do anything!
Old 04-30-2008, 09:05 PM   #574  
Christie

teeeheee...I just saw my post and Denise's all together and there are a lot of hugs there!! I LOVE IT!!~!
Old 04-30-2008, 09:30 PM   #575  
Judy

S/C/G: 174/ticker/130

Height: 5'2"

Namaste:
I know your response was to Ms. Teacher, but I believe it will hit a cord with all of us. Thanks for taking the time to give us some encouragement.

There are such great suggestions on this forum. I'm putting together a list of my mini-goals as one of you suggested to have a way to achieve some small successes. The first is to lose 10% of my starting weight (an old WW goal), so I'm only 3 lbs. away. The second is to get to the weight I fudged about on my driver's license. That's still 15 lbs. off (it's a good thing I haven't been pulled over as they would arrest me for trying to impersonate a skinny person!). This summer, I am hooking up with my maid of honor, who I haven't seen in 37 years. She remembers me as this little, tiny petite person so I'm doing my best to get down to a reasonable weight before I see her. These might be vain reasons, but they keep me focused and OP. I can't begin to tell you all how much I appreciate the sage advice, the comical comments and the overall encouragement.

Hugs to all of you!
Old 04-30-2008, 09:40 PM   #576  
Sharon

S/C/G: 255

Height: 5'5"

I went to WI today and have lost another 2.4 lbs for a total of 28.2. I can't believe I am almost to 30 lbs!!!!!

That darn scale kept bouncing between 249.4 and 250.8. It finally ended up on 250.8 ....I was so wanting to be below 250. It has been a long, long time since I was below 250.

I have been craving something sweet for the past couple of days. This is unusual for me because I usually like salty snacks better. Anyway, I made the meringue cookie from the MRC cookbook. They were pretty good! Does anyone know how many we can have at the time?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms Gigi View Post
Today was the day for me! I was a bit bummed last week because the center was changing my check in day so that changed my wi day. In addition to that, I usually wi in the morning and am now having to wi at night. Last week I was up 1 lb.. Well..... THAT LB IS GONE IN ADDITION TO A BUDDY AND A HALF TO GO WITH!!! So this puts me at 2.5 for this past week!
WOO-HOO!!! Great for you!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mirihawk View Post
Hey... thanks for sharing that you are having a hard time, I am having an awful time. New job is great, but for some reason I haven't had a single day that I haven't cheated in over a week, and at my last wi on Saturday I was up 3.5. I feel very low and scared.

I hope to have a better day, I wrote myself a note about what I'm going to eat over the day, so hopefully that will help. I hope you have a better day too!! I'll be thinking of you.

I know this wasn't for me, but I'm taking it! LOL. I too have a history of being a horrible dieter. The first day in the 100 days of dieting book says to say, I used to be X but now I am Y. I'm working on that... I used to be awful at dieting, but with MRC I have been very successful. ...

I really want this to work ,and I know that it can. I just don't know why I keep sabotaging myself. Not just with MRC, but anytime I get past about 20 pounds I seem to do myself in. I think I will journal about that today.
You can certainly "take" the encouragement for yourself! You can do this Mirahawk!! Like I said before, if I can do this...anyone can!

I know exactly how you feel. I have tried every diet out there and have never been successful or if I did begin to lose, I sabotaged myself.
This time has been different. I think one thing that has helped me this time is planning, planning, and more planning. I plan everything I am going to eat in advance. I even mix-up my HNS for breakfast and lunch the night before. I fix my lunch the night before and get it all ready to go. I also plan any snacks and get them ready to go with my lunch. I put everything in a lunchbag and all I have to do is grab it and go. I also go ahead and write down everything I am going to eat on my food diary. I don't want to change my diary so I don't eat anything that isn't written down in the diary. This may sound silly, but one other thing I have done this time is to make myself little signs with encouraging quotes on them. I put them on my refrigerator, in my car, in my lunchbag, in the bathroom, etc. When I feel like I want to cheat, I read them or repeat them until the urge goes away! It had been helping me so far!
I am here for you if you need anymore encouragement or just need to talk!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cargirl View Post
I'm soooo far behind!! My mom -who's been sick with lung cancer, COPD, and emphasema for the last year- passed away on the 24th. I had to run to Shreveport again and fight with the boyfriend of two years about where she was and wasn't going to be burried. How much does that suck? .
Cargirl, I am so sorry about your mom.

Angierue: I love your picture. You are beautiful.
Old 04-30-2008, 10:15 PM   #577  
Judy

S/C/G: 174/ticker/130

Height: 5'2"

[QUOTE=snflrgrl1962;]I went to WI today and have lost another 2.4 lbs for a total of 28.2. I can't believe I am almost to 30 lbs!!!!!

That darn scale kept bouncing between 249.4 and 250.8. It finally ended up on 250.8 ....I was so wanting to be below 250. It has been a long, long time since I was below 250.

I have been craving something sweet for the past couple of days. This is unusual for me because I usually like salty snacks better. Anyway, I made the meringue cookie from the MRC cookbook. They were pretty good! Does anyone know how many we can have at the time?

snflrgrl1962:
Great job on the 2.4 lb. loss. That scale thing happens for me, too. Last time, I stepped off and then back on. Didn't make any difference, though.

Look how close you are to 30 lbs. Bet you are there before you know it.

I crave sweets, too. The cinnamon toast (ICBINB, 1/2 pkt Splenda, cinnamon) does it for me at dinner. I hope someone answers your question about the meringue cookie. I'd like to try those!
Old 04-30-2008, 10:20 PM   #578  
Pat

S/C/G: 198/see ticker/150

Height: 5'0"

Exquisite:I know not losing is an awful feeling but those inches are really something to be proud of! Someone said inches mean you are burning the fat! Be proud girl!

snflrgrl:You are blowing this thing away! You have really had some fabulous losses lately!

Namaste:Your remarks really made me stop and think. Thanks for sharing such profound thoughts with us!

msteacher:I am so sorry. It is hard to not nibble when everyone else is chowing down. Try to be strong! Sending you some and a

I weighed in today and lost 2. I was so thankful. I've also lost a total of 53 inches which really gave me incentive to go to the gym today. I almost talked myself out of going but went and was so glad afterwards.

I'm really worried about the month of May. I have so much going on and food will be involved in alot of things. I'm going to NY with my daughter's school group and I know the choices to eat aren't going to be great. School is getting out and we have cookouts and faculty parties. I am really going to need some willpower to get through the month and not gain. Anyway, I hope everyone has a great rest of the week!
Old 04-30-2008, 10:35 PM   #579  
Jeannie

S/C/G: 232/see ticker/160

Height: 5ft. 6in.

Talking My, we have been busy bee's today!

Thanks all for the support, you all are just fabulous! You keep me inspired to keep on pushing right through this!

rocki:Ohh trust me, I'm not up too late! The time that shows is AL time, I am in WA right now so it is a couple of hours off. If I stay up too late too often, I am mush the next day!

Keep it up woman, I hear that bikini calling rocki-rocki-rocki! Sorry to hear about DH! All the support in the world can be fabulous but what is close by, really hits home! He will come around! My DH is great, granted this did take some years! It took him getting to the point where he needed to lose weight (put the shoe on the other foot) to really understand how emotionally personal this journey really is! Trust me, I have been on that yo-yo too (call me the mail order queen of trying different things, with no success and or stuff to sit in the closet)! LOL

Anner: MRC is a great program but will require some self discipline! You have found a wonderful group for advice and support! Wish you bunches of success with what ever decision you make!

MSTeacher, Mommato3, Bomaze, Terri, WorkingM, Mirihawk: 1st: Mirihawk (before I forget, the mind is a terrible thing to waste) LOL, I hope the new job is all that you wished for!

Ladies- I have to agree with Angie (get right back up and dust yourself off)! Go for the gusto ladies YOU ARE WORTH IT! You can do this! Write down a list of the pros and cons of loosing and not loosing your extra baggage! When you hit a rough patch in the road, look at your lists and decide which road to travel. Weigh your choices! What path must you follow to reach your goals of a happier, healthier life? None of us are perfect and will slip off once in a while! Sometimes we need to travel the hard road before reaching the greener pastures and or field of daisies!

You will all be ok! Sending a whole lot of GOOD VIBES-GOOD VIBES-GOOD VIBES and

Angie:Go for it SAT! I hear you (free stuff), that will work! You go girl (down on the home scale)! FABULOUS

ieduc8em: Hope wi went well today!

namaste:

Jennifer: FABULOUS #'S, don't worry about that 1 lb - it will go with some additional friends next week!

Thanks for comment, I try not to leave any one out! I do have a lot of time on my hands right now (when I am on the road)! If I were at home, I would be out working in my yard!

Bonnie: Yes ma'am, completly agree! Some good news, some bad (sorry to hear the bad). You will get through this! Saddle sore ??? Sounds painful, hope it gets better soon! You sound to be an avid rider!

Gma to 4: Love your humor! LOL

Sharon:

Last edited by Ms Gigi; 04-30-2008 at 10:40 PM.
Old 04-30-2008, 10:47 PM   #580  
Chillin' like a villian

S/C/G: 341/289.5/176

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by zackzmom View Post
Hi everybody. Way to go on all losses. I am soooo jealous. I have been so bad. We are having testing all week at school ( I work at the Jr. High) so there are lots of goodies in the teacher lounge. So I have a little bite of this and a little bite of that and before you know it I'm parked at sonic eating a hamburger. WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME????
I'm sure it's already been said, but listen again just because... THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH YOU!!! This is not easy. Changing your entire life is never easy. Add the stress of life on top of it and it can seem overwhelming. You have to find your focus through all this. You can do this. You're worth it and you deserve it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by exsquisit View Post
WI today and was up 1 pound...Of course, that sucks and blows!!! The counselor did the tanita today and I was holding 1.5 pounds of water. Why in heck does my body hold water like that? She said that sometimes right after TOM women will hold water for a few days. Hmmph! It's been 4 days now!!! I wanna squash that theory real bad!

Now on a positive note. I am now down 40 inches and my bmi went down to 29. I lost 3.6% body fat, which is good. I try to remember the quote about the scale when it doesn't move....(was it donuts quote, can't remember), but I sure am glad to be able to rant to you all. It gives my poor family a little break from hearing it...
Boo on being up a pound but on 40 inches and your BMI going down!!! That is awesome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsPhibes View Post
All pounds should have buddies to travel with.
I am a firm believer in this statement.
Old 04-30-2008, 10:54 PM   #581  
Chillin' like a villian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsPhibes View Post
Went to the doctor today to get the results from the lab work that was done last week. First the good news:

1. I am in slight ketosis (+1 in my urine showed up) so that means I am burning fat.

2. According to the scale at the medical office I have lost 10 pounds since I was there last. The number is the same as MRC's.

3. My total cholesterol is 139, LDL (bad) is 64 HDL (good) is 68.

4. All other labs were within the normal range with the exception of (now comes the bad news) my TSH.

Tsh is thyroid stimulating hormone. That was way low. Anyway it's not as simple as increasing or decreasing my thyroid meds. Both under and over dosing can cause the same side effect of hair loss. I have an appointment with an endocrinologist. Bad news is that it's not until June 25th.

Also have a saddle sore from riding the bike and cannot ride until it heals. It is very painful. I got two scripts from the doc and should be better in about a week.
On those great results. on that thyroid level. The endocrinologist will hopefully be able to get your TSH leveled out. Just stinks that you have to wait so long to get in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSTeacher View Post
This week has been awful. Off plan like crazy. I'm depressed about cheating but it's been a downward spiral. I'm definitely not weighing in this week. Why am I losing momentum when I'm halfway there???
My suggestion... Go weigh in. Face the music. And chat with a counselor face-to-face. If you have a favorite, call to make sure she's there and ask specifically for her then have a little one-on-one time. The ugly self-sabotage beast rears its head with many of us so you aren't alone. Keep coming here (because I know the urge to just completely ignore this site can be strong when we know we're not sticking to plan).

Oh, and
Old 04-30-2008, 11:16 PM   #582  
Bonnie

Height: 5'6"

Angierue: You are one beautiful chick! Congrats again on the board!
Old 04-30-2008, 11:17 PM   #583  
Sharon

S/C/G: 255

Height: 5'5"

Carolinagirl04.....Where are you?
Old 04-30-2008, 11:19 PM   #584  
Chillin' like a villian

Quote:
Originally Posted by namaste View Post
I had not heard that before and I absolutely love it. Such great words of wisdom and motivation. Being able to put things into perspective in a way like that... Beautiful. Thank you so much for sharing that (or repeating it if it's already been shared before).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gma to 4 View Post
There are such great suggestions on this forum. I'm putting together a list of my mini-goals as one of you suggested to have a way to achieve some small successes. The first is to lose 10% of my starting weight (an old WW goal), so I'm only 3 lbs. away. The second is to get to the weight I fudged about on my driver's license. That's still 15 lbs. off (it's a good thing I haven't been pulled over as they would arrest me for trying to impersonate a skinny person!). This summer, I am hooking up with my maid of honor, who I haven't seen in 37 years. She remembers me as this little, tiny petite person so I'm doing my best to get down to a reasonable weight before I see her. These might be vain reasons, but they keep me focused and OP.
I think I need to do that as well (set mini-goals). I have one in my ticker below but I'm almost there and think I need to reach a little further, dig a little deeper.

Quote:
Originally Posted by snflrgrl1962 View Post
I went to WI today and have lost another 2.4 lbs for a total of 28.2. I can't believe I am almost to 30 lbs!!!!!

I have been craving something sweet for the past couple of days.
Congrats on those 2.4 lbs!! You are going to be at 30 lbs down before you can even turn around!!

I've been having some sweet cravings lately so I've been playing with my nighttime HNS and making them into smoothies/icees of some sort. Tonight is peach mango power mixed in the blender with little bit of ice and a Diet Black Cherry Hansen's. I wasn't sure about it at first but dang, it's good!!! And calms both my snack and sweet urge.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ieduc8em View Post
I weighed in today and lost 2. I was so thankful. I've also lost a total of 53 inches which really gave me incentive to go to the gym today. I almost talked myself out of going but went and was so glad afterwards.
on those 2 lbs! That's great. And 53 inches!?! Holy cow! That's almost 4 1/2 feet!! AMAZING! Keep up that great work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms Gigi View Post
Thanks all for the support, you all are just fabulous! You keep me inspired to keep on pushing right through this!
Thanks so YOU for all your positive posts and great words of advice. I honestly think it has to be the hardest for you because you are on the road so much and out of the "comfort" zone and into territory that is hard to stay on track. But you're doing great and always so positive. So again, THANK YOU!

------------------------

First off... Thank you to everyone that commented on my picture. I don't know what it was about that picture but I have wanted to share it with everyone. I even put it on my MySpace!! I fear I might end up being way too vain for my own good.

Today was full of challenges and while I wasn't perfect I think I did pretty darn good. Breakfast was totally on plan (MRB), no problems. But then I went to lunch with a client at Texas Roadhouse. I stuck with chicken and veggies (even asked for them to hold off on the extra salt and butter/oil) and while it was SOOOO HARD managed to not have even a nibble of a roll. Those hot, fresh, buttery rolls.

But then came after work. My friend really needed someone to talk to so I met her at Carino's and caved a little. I had one vodka soda and a single slice of their appetizer pizza thingy. I didn't have any of their fresh bread or the toasted garlic/oil mix. And then I came home and had tuna fish and green beans. I don't really feel like I "cheated" per se but I do know my willpower wasn't as strong as I had hoped it was.

But all I can do is drive on to the next exit and turn around, right? I took all my pills and I drank all my HNS's (maxed out actually) so I have that going for me.

Btw, new favorite thing ever... Mixing my nighttime HNS with a diet soda (sodium free, of course) and blending it up. I love snowcones so it's kind of like having a snowcone without the calories or guilt!
Old 04-30-2008, 11:31 PM   #585  
Bonnie

Height: 5'6"

MSTeacher: I TOTALLY know how you feel. I've struggled as I hit the onederland mark, as I hit the half way mark and still do. I've had to totally refocus and hunker down like I did in the very beginning. I came to discover, with the help of a favorite consultant, that I have to reassess my goals because they are different than they were when I started. I also am finding it distracting to have so many complements and have to work through why it is stalling me out. Ultimately, I have to admit daily that what I think I can get away with really isn't going to work for my end goal - I do still have to do it their way. I hate it when I can't do it my way but that's how I ended up with 75 pounds to lose. Grrr. Hang in there though and make this the time to run into the center and not from it!
Closed Thread