Closed Thread

Old 04-30-2008, 03:27 PM   #556  
MRC started March 8, 2008

S/C/G: 258/189/150

Height: 5'7"

Jennifer I just realized you are at your half way point, go jenny!
Old 04-30-2008, 03:32 PM   #557  

S/C/G: 213\see ticker\165

Height: 5' 9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsPhibes View Post
All pounds should have buddies to travel with.
Here! Here!
Old 04-30-2008, 03:47 PM   #558  
Ms. Jennifer

S/C/G: 196/SEE TICKER/150

Height: 5'4"

Thanks!!! If I didn't have your hilarious stories to read and your delicious recipes to try, I'd have dug a hole and crawled in by now!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3monkeysmomma View Post
Jennifer I just realized you are at your half way point, go jenny!
Old 04-30-2008, 03:49 PM   #559  
Bonnie

S/C/G: 172/see ticker/145

Height: 5' 5.5"

Default Health Update

Went to the doctor today to get the results from the lab work that was done last week. First the good news:

1. I am in slight ketosis (+1 in my urine showed up) so that means I am burning fat.

2. According to the scale at the medical office I have lost 10 pounds since I was there last. The number is the same as MRC's.

3. My total cholesterol is 139, LDL (bad) is 64 HDL (good) is 68.

4. All other labs were within the normal range with the exception of (now comes the bad news) my TSH.

Tsh is thyroid stimulating hormone. That was way low. Anyway it's not as simple as increasing or decreasing my thyroid meds. Both under and over dosing can cause the same side effect of hair loss. I have an appointment with an endocrinologist. Bad news is that it's not until June 25th.

Also have a saddle sore from riding the bike and cannot ride until it heals. It is very painful. I got two scripts from the doc and should be better in about a week.

Cargirl: I am so sorry to hear about your mother. My sympathy goes out to you.
Old 04-30-2008, 04:09 PM   #560  
Christie

S/C/G: 197/ticker/135

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockijames View Post
Hi Everyone.

Congrats to all the big losers out there. I've been out of town for a couple of days and wanted to check in really quick. I'll catch up on the board tomorrow but I wanted to let you all know I went to WI yesterday AM and I had lost 5 POUNDS!! I couldn't believe it. That was just since Thursday of last week. My home scale was saying the same thing but it's been wrong before, so I wasn't holding out hope for more than 2 pounds. WOOHOO!! Now I didn't eat totally OP while I was away but I'm back on track (again) tonight and will be back to "normal" tomorrow.

I'm now down 25 lbs and weigh less than I have in 14 years (1 pound less than I did when I met DH). I'm psyched about that! That was a big personal goal for me. Now, 17 more pounds, here I come.

Oh, NSV. Went shopping last night and bought a pair of Gap size 8 jeans and they weren't tight at all! I also bought a pair of size 6 shorts @ BASS. I think they Vanity Size quite a bit b/c I could wear 10s before my weight loss and I was in 12/14 with everyone else, but still...just to see a 6 on the tag feels good, kwim??

I promise to catch up on personals tomorrow. Have a great night everyone!

Oh, quick question on the fat/carb blocker. Do you just take that once (2 pills) a day when you know you're eating something off program)? Is there a comparable out there? Yes, I KNOW I shouldn't eat off program, but when I'm at a conference and there is no other food except fruit and bread for breakfast there's not much choice if you don't have a meal bar with you. So, any knowledge on the fat/carb blocker? I try not to take it often, but would like to know more if you all do. Thanks.
Rocki, this is awesome!! I'm so excited that you had such a great loss!! And I'm so jealous about those size 8's at gap!! Way to go!!!

And, like Angie, I only take the fat/carb blocker when I eat out as well. Or when I know I have no choice in what is being fed to me. And i take it right as I take the first bite usually. And you know, regardless of what the center says, sometimes you just can't help going off program. No matter how hard you try.
Old 04-30-2008, 04:10 PM   #561  
Christie

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueyedangel View Post
OK...my jeans are baggy in the butt. And, I have to pull them up constantly. I know I need to buy a belt, but I keep forgetting when I'm at the store - because to be honest - it's been YEARS since I had one and only use to wear one as an accessory not necessity... But, I'm really afraid to try a 12... I know that sounds silly. What the heck? I'm scared they won't fit...my brain & body image are so warped...

Anyway...just to get comfy after work today, I grabbed some lined track pants someone gave my daughter (she's a 3!). She passed them off to me the other day cuz she said they were too big. I didn't look at the size, just for the heck of it I put them on...ALL THE WAY ON!!! OK, they hug my hips just a bit, but aren't uncomfortable at all. Not tight on my waist either. I just looked and they are a MEDIUM! OMG! A freaking MEDIUM! I always bought XL or occassionally a L... Hallelujah!!!!!!!!
Crystal, a medium is AWESOME! I know that Iwent to a medium top not too long ago and it's amazing!! I'm so happy for you!!
Old 04-30-2008, 04:11 PM   #562  
Christie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gma to 4 View Post
AT LONG LAST!!! Was down 1.5 lbs at today's WI. That's as much as I lost for the past two weeks, so hopefully am past that darn plateau. Bomaze, hang in there...you will get over that hump, too.

Notice anything?

I finally have my ticker!
WOOHOO!!! On both accounts!!
Old 04-30-2008, 04:14 PM   #563  
Christie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cargirl View Post
I'm soooo far behind!! My mom -who's been sick with lung cancer, COPD, and emphasema for the last year- passed away on the 24th. I had to run to Shreveport again and fight with the boyfriend of two years about where she was and wasn't going to be burried. How much does that suck?
I was catching up on things and must say 3mm your sister needs to know you have a life! I drive a dealer car and when my kids or anybody want to eat in it I do freak out. Either they follow the rules or get another ride. The end. Also, my neice had gastric by-pass 9 years ago and still throws up if she eats more than a few oz. of food at each meal. You are sooo doing this the right way, so don't get discouraged. ShineOn you look great, you should be proud of all you've done and not sweat the off-plan moment. Angierue Love the new do! I've been thinking of doing something different too, but I'm a little scared that I'd go crazy and cut all of it off or dye it red or something. So i'm watining until a more sane time in my life. Donuts I'm so proud of you. I brought my DH to my last weigh in and showed him the poster of you and your family at the end of the hall. He's been very jealous of my online group. You look amazing and you are truly a poster child for this program, thanks for all your inspiration. Jewelie I hear you about the fat %. I am at 32%, but I'm down 9% and 39 inches since the beginning so I think the % are sometimes off.

The only good news I have is that I didn't gain any weight over the last month of **** with my mom in the hospital and stuff. And I get to stabilize at the next stabilization party in May. Thank god for good news.
I'm so sorry about your loss. It's hard when we have someone who has been sick for a while. I'm so proud of you for being able to stay at your weight and not stress eat. I hope you've had lots of family support and lots of hugs!
Old 04-30-2008, 04:16 PM   #564  
Christie

Quote:
Originally Posted by angierue View Post
I am so sorry to hear about your mom and then having to deal with her boyfriends crap on top of that.

Thanks for the hair compliment. I actually like going when I'm feeling all "crazy". I usually end up liking it way better. Of course, you really do have to trust your stylist if you're going to do that!

Only 5 lbs from your goal!?! That has got to be a great feeling. Especially considering all you have been through the last month. Way to go!

--------------------

Alright, little me update. I weight to weigh in this morning and I was actually UP 1/2 a pound. I was a little bummed about that but after reading about the cukes and cottage cheese, I might know why! I'm going to do a B6 flush (someone asked about that... I do 250mg and take 4 pills all at once then drink a LOT of water) tomorrow.

But, while I was there, I asked to look at my chart and wanted to look at my inches. I then realized that I have lost SIX inches just in my waist. SIX INCHES! That's 1/2 a foot! That made me feel a lot better.

I also got them to email me the picture from when I signed the 30 lb board. I normally HATE full body shots but for some reason, I don't hate this one so thought I would share with y'all.

That's about it for me. Hope everyone has a great week and we all have some big losses!

Angie, you are beautiful!
Old 04-30-2008, 04:20 PM   #565  
Deanna

S/C/G: 190.5/170.5/150

Height: 5"8

Quote:
Originally Posted by zackzmom View Post
Hi everybody. Way to go on all losses. I am soooo jealous. I have been so bad. We are having testing all week at school ( I work at the Jr. High) so there are lots of goodies in the teacher lounge. So I have a little bite of this and a little bite of that and before you know it I'm parked at sonic eating a hamburger. WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME????
I feel like I have given myself permission to eat whatever I want for the next month. We will be moving at the end of may, and I think something in my brain says "just wait until then, and then you can start back up." But I don't want to do that. When we move back, I want my old friends to see how hard I have been working. What do I do? I'm so sick of this. Cheating, feeling guilty, and cheating and feeling guilty. It is an endless cycle. I want to do this. I need to do this. So what is wrong?
I'm going to plaster my house with signs that say "hey fat ---, don't eat that!!" Maybe that will help!!!
Hang in there! Pull out some pictures of yourself at your goal weight. Think about how your going to feel at that weight! I am sorry your going through such a tough time! Maybe you should make an appointment with your fav counsler MRC. Just remember that only you can do this...and your worth it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by exsquisit View Post
WI today and was up 1 pound...Of course, that sucks and blows!!! The counselor did the tanita today and I was holding 1.5 pounds of water. Why in heck does my body hold water like that? She said that sometimes right after TOM women will hold water for a few days. Hmmph! It's been 4 days now!!! I wanna squash that theory real bad!

Now on a positive note. I am now down 40 inches and my bmi went down to 29. I lost 3.6% body fat, which is good. I try to remember the quote about the scale when it doesn't move....(was it donuts quote, can't remember), but I sure am glad to be able to rant to you all. It gives my poor family a little break from hearing it...
Wow! 40 inches! That's fantastic. Give it a couple of days and that 1.5 lbs will be a distant memory. The body is strange...just think of it this way, your body is preparing for a big loss! Keep up the good work. You are 1/2 way there.
Old 04-30-2008, 04:22 PM   #566  
Deanna

S/C/G: 190.5/170.5/150

Height: 5"8

Love your pic Angie. You have such a pretty face and smile.
Old 04-30-2008, 04:23 PM   #567  
Ms. Jennifer

S/C/G: 196/SEE TICKER/150

Mrs Phibes!!! You had wonderful test results!!! It sure is great to see how healthy eating can be a benefit. I hope all goes well with the thyroid problem. You are doing fantastic!
Old 04-30-2008, 04:51 PM   #568  
Em

S/C/G: 170

Height: 5'6"

Hey y'all! Just checking in - we're on vacation & have free wifi but I haven't been checking the board & knew I'd be way behind - but from the looks of it I'll be a whole thread behind by the time I get back home Saturday. Anyway, just saying hi & boy am I gonna need to get back with the program when I get home. What is it about the beach that makes me so hungry ALL THE TIME??? I turn into a shark - a non-stop eating machine! Thank goodness for the 2-a-day long walks on the beach. Only thing that keeps me from totally going over the edge. But I'll have some serious detoxing to do when I get back.
Okay, carry on...I'll catch up on everyone's ups & downs when I get home...eventually!
Old 04-30-2008, 05:48 PM   #569  
Future head-turner

S/C/G: 271/see ticker/175

This week has been awful. Off plan like crazy. I'm depressed about cheating but it's been a downward spiral. I'm definitely not weighing in this week. Why am I losing momentum when I'm halfway there???
Old 04-30-2008, 05:55 PM   #570  
Mommato3

S/C/G: 199.5/163.5/149.5

Height: 5.7

There must be something about being "half-way" there. I am really struggling to stay op. I want to and I want to lose the rest of my weight, but I just keep messing up. And it is a downward spiral, just like you said. I can't seem to get out of it, and it shows when I weigh in. I eat off plan, then I feel guilty, and think well, it doesn't matter, I've already blown it for the day. Then the guilt sets in again. I am very tired of this horrible cycle.

MSTeacher~not to make excuses, but it doesn't help that we are almost to the end of school. It is the almost that kills you! 5th grade in the spring is not a pretty place to be. I know that middle school students are not any better. They are DONE, and don't understand why they are still in school!
Closed Thread