Metabolic Research Center Recipes

You're on Page 34 of 43
Go to
  • Quote: Ok, so this morning I tried to make these but they turned into a watery mess all over the pan and almost made a crepe instead of cookies. I've tried a few recipes from the cookbook, but they never are very clear and I'm trying to determine what went wrong.

1) For the "1 pudding supplement" is this premixed with water? or do you just add it dry?

2) For the 1/4 c. oatmeal, this is cooked correct? so 1/8 c oats cooked.

3) When the batter is made, what should the consistency be?

Thanks!
    Lori
    I made them and they turned out fluffy and good. Use the pudding supplement dry, and the oatmeal dry. It will be like a cookie mix consistency.
  • Quote: I made them and they turned out fluffy and good. Use the pudding supplement dry, and the oatmeal dry. It will be like a cookie mix consistency.
    Thanks for the clarification, I made them with cooked oatmeal because the recipe says oatmeal not oats (which implied cooked) and I mixed the pudding and water because the recipe says 1 pudding (implying prepared again).

I made two batches modifying the oats from cooked to uncooked - both were terrible before I ran out of puddings and patience. So this week, I will give it a 3rd try with uncooked oats AND pudding powder.

Thanks!!!!!
  • Parm Crisps..? Do you guys always use grated parm or do you also use shredded parm?
  • has anyone inquired about eatin shirataki noodles on plan? I kinda think these would be ok? what do you think??
  • Quote: has anyone inquired about eatin shirataki noodles on plan? I kinda think these would be ok? what do you think??
    I have not heard of anyone using that on this plan but you could ask your center and see what they say..

Ronnie
  • This is a great thread. I spent hours copying them to my computer last night. Thanks so much everyone. I was feeling super frustrated with my preconditioning, and feeling somewhat excited again.
  • oh my gosh I lost my book but here it is all the reciepes needed...Thank_you!
  • Does anyone have the new recipe book? Is it worth buying since I already have the older one? I like casseroles and make-ahead stuff.
  • Need All Mrc Menus Possible!!
    I Am 187 Pounds Poor But Motivated. Please Send Me Any And All Menu That You Might Have. Any Tips Would Help Too.:d
  • Tracy’s Goulash

1 med spaghetti squash
    2-3 zucchini diced
    2-3 bell peppers diced
    6-10 green peppers (scallions) sliced on the diagonal (makes them prettier)
    8-16 oz button mushrooms sliced (as thick or thin as you like them)
    2-3 cloves garlic minced or grated (I grate them using my hydroplane)
    Artichoke hearts chopped (per you taste)
    Rosemary (I like fresh) finely chopped …amount to taste
    Thyme (fresh if available) to taste
    2 lbs ground turkey
    4-6 oz fresh grated parmesan cheese (not the shaker kind you use for pizza)
    Optional – sharp cheddar cheese for topping
    Pepper
    Smidge of sea salt
    1 or 2 tomato basil soup packets

Place spaghetti squash face down on a sheet pan (cut in half lengthwise, spoon out seed ‘guts’) with rosemary twigs (after the leaves have been stripped off) tucked into the spooned out center and add a smidge of water to pan. Bake @ 375 degrees for 35 minutes. Take out of the oven and allow to cool.

Meanwhile, sauté remaining veggies (except mushrooms) with rosemary and thyme in 1 tbs of EVOO until tender (I like mine really tender).

Brown ground turkey with ground black pepper, rosemary and thyme (as well)

Sauté mushrooms in what ever fat is left from the turkey browning (or use a splash of EVOO) unlit light brown and cooked through.

Fork out the spaghetti squash from the shell.

Combine everything adding in the tomato basil soup and parmesan cheese and transfer to a large baking dish sprayed with Butter Pam. Top SPARINGLY with shredded sharp cheddar cheese and bake off at 375 for 35-40 minutes.

To me, it is ALWAYS better left over so I rarely eat it right after I make it. I let it cool, divide into 7 serving containers and whalah……..7 prepared lunches ready to go.

P.S. My kids LOVE this!!!
  • Fab4Two:

Your goulash recipe sounds delish.
  • I have gotten tired of veggies lately, and have really been craving comfort foods with the cooler weather we've been having, so I made up an MRC-friendly meatloaf last night and hid my veggies in it (like my mom used to do). It turned out really good--a tiny bit more bland than I'm used to, but still very yummy, and a nice change of pace!

Anyway, thought I'd share my creation, in case you're interested.

I'm on the Metaslim Plus, so I'm supposed to eat 6 oz of protein, but you can adjust the amount of bison to fit your plan, if need be.

Teacherlady's Homestyle-but-Healthy Meatloaf

18 oz ground bison
    2 eggs
    16 oz fresh veggies (I used 6 oz chopped mushrooms, green pepper, celery, & grn onion, then grated about 10 oz of zucchini)
    2 slices 40 cal bread (or 2 serv. melba toast)
    1 tomato basil supplement packet
    salt, pepper, garlic powder, etc. to taste
    8x8 cake pan, lined with aluminum foil (for easy cleanup)

1. Beat eggs and tomato supplement together. (Can add a little water if too thick)
    2. Add seasonings & veggies and mix.
    3. Add Bison and mix by hand (incorporating everything together)
    4. Tear bread (or break melba toast) into small chunks, and incorporate into meat/veggie mixture.
    5. Place into lined pan (packed together) and bake at 350-375 degrees for 45 mins- 1 hour.

*Makes 4 servings*
    Each serving includes:

6 oz protein
    4 oz cooked veggies
    1/2 serving of starch
    1/4 supplement
  • MRC in Omaha/Bellevue
    I know this might be posted in the wrong spot but none of the other posts were in 2010. I have been thinking about signing up with MRC. I am 29 and weigh 204lbs. I used to always be 120 until I got pregnant in 2003 and ever since I just gain and gain and gain. Has anyone went to the MRC in Omaha or Bellevue? If so what of their pills did you buy besides their $12 a box required protein supplements? I am a single mother and have a limited income so it's very hard for me to spend all this money on pills but I need to do something about my weight. Any help is appreciated.
  • Quote: I know this might be posted in the wrong spot but none of the other posts were in 2010. I have been thinking about signing up with MRC. I am 29 and weigh 204lbs. I used to always be 120 until I got pregnant in 2003 and ever since I just gain and gain and gain. Has anyone went to the MRC in Omaha or Bellevue? If so what of their pills did you buy besides their $12 a box required protein supplements? I am a single mother and have a limited income so it's very hard for me to spend all this money on pills but I need to do something about my weight. Any help is appreciated.
    Go to the Metabolic Research Center forum, and click on the "October Thread" piece and post this there. We've had many people from the Bellvue/Omaha centers in the past.
  • I joined at the Omaha center on Black Friday...17 weeks and 52lbs for $149!!