Closed Thread

Old 10-07-2009, 09:15 PM   #421  

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by gish24 View Post
Vanilla wafers? Please tell me more!!!!
gish24 - the MRC vanilla wafers, on MRC program used just like the bars but you get two large vanilla wafers with a bit of chocolate on the bottoms...they were absolutely tasty...just like the real thing but on program, downside can have only twice a week...ask your center about them...They are consider a creamy and I would dare say would probably stall me if I ate them more than a couple times a month...but hey when I need that sweet fix...I have them in my cabinet...
Old 10-08-2009, 01:11 AM   #422  

S/C/G: 242/169/166

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen1234 View Post
OK, New Recipe for all of you that is absolutely delicious... I got the idea from the ranch seasoning mix commercial I've seen a few times in the past week, decided to give it a try, it was a huge hit with family & I... here goes:

Ranch Chicken Fingers:

Ingredients:
16-20 Roasted Garlic Melba Toast Rounds
2 lbs of boneless skinless chicken brst
1 packet of ranch dressing mix/seasoning
2-3 tbsp of olive oil
cracked black pepper to taste
pam olive oil spray

Directions: Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Pour 2-3 tbsp of Olive Oil into a large glass casserole dish and set aside. Place Melba toast into food processor and grind until the consistency of bread crumbs (or crush in a baggy by hand until fine). Place into a mixing bowl, add packet of ranch dressing mix and several twists of freshly cracked black pepper then mix all together. Slice chicken into long strips. Place 1/4 of the chicken at a time into mixture and coat evenly then place into casserole dish until all chicken coated and in dish. Pour remaining melba toast mixture over chicken. Spray all chicken with pam olive oil cooking spray. Cover with foil and bake 10-15 minutes, uncover and increase oven temp to Broil and bake another 7-10 minutes until chicken is done and crispy.

Makes 8 - 4 oz servings
Accounts for 1 protein (4 oz.) and approx 1/2 bread serving

Incidental discovery:
Some of the melba toast was more coursely cut than the rest of the bread crumbs and when I poured it over the chicken, it settled to the bottom of the pan. When this came out of the oven it was absolutely divine and reminded me very much of a delicious stuffing, the melba toast had plumped up just like stuffing does when moisture is added. It was sooooooooo goood that I plan to attempt to make stuffing this way in the very near future and I will post that recipe when I've tried it. I bet this would be so wonderful with our Thanksgiving Turkey!
Karen, thank you this was a great alternative to my usual chicken dinner! Appreciate you sharing it with us!
Old 10-14-2009, 07:15 PM   #423  

S/C/G: 170/148/140

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by WindyMK View Post
"Fried" Chicken or Fish

Crush up Garlic (or plain) melba toast very fine. Coat your chicken breast or fish filet and pan "fry" in about a tablespoon of olive oil - I usually brush a little of egg white on the meat to make the melba stick...it is surprisingly good!
This is also great with 4 oz cooked mushrooms--I just cooked about a minute in microwave and put mushrooms over chicken. I also used 1/4 t. papricka, 1/4 t. garlic powder and pinch of ground red pepper (see cookbook P. 78).

Great beginning Metaslim Day 1--replaces 1 servicing bread, 4 oz protein.
Old 10-18-2009, 01:26 PM   #424  

Default Recipe Blog comments section

Love the recipe blog someone did where they categorized the recipes. Thanks! I was trying to enter a comment on one of the recipes today but couldn't get it to work. Am I doing something wrong or is this feature not currently available?
Old 10-18-2009, 04:14 PM   #425  

S/C/G: 242/169/166

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by porchmom84 View Post
Love the recipe blog someone did where they categorized the recipes. Thanks! I was trying to enter a comment on one of the recipes today but couldn't get it to work. Am I doing something wrong or is this feature not currently available?
I couldn't respond on another string today either. The recipe blog is soo nice to have! Thank you.
Old 10-19-2009, 07:15 AM   #426  

S/C/G: 197/167/150

Height: 5'8"

I am responsible for the blog. I changed the settings just now so you can make comments. Sorry about that. I have been off the diet for almost 4 months so haven't done much with it. I'll try to update it this week!

I lost 45 lbs on this diet and have gained back almost 15. I feel discouraged but at least I know I CAN do it.

Good luck, ladies!

Quote:
Old 10-19-2009, 03:31 PM   #427  
Love is like a butterfly

S/C/G: 162/131/120

Height: 4'11"

Default Pumpkin Spice Ricotta creme

I tried this recipe over the weekend and brought it to a Pumpkin Cook-off. It was very, very good, & tasted just like Pumpkin and without any real pumpkin in it.
Old 10-19-2009, 09:24 PM   #428  

Quote:
Originally Posted by gibsoncasa View Post
I am responsible for the blog. I changed the settings just now so you can make comments. Sorry about that. I have been off the diet for almost 4 months so haven't done much with it. I'll try to update it this week!

I lost 45 lbs on this diet and have gained back almost 15. I feel discouraged but at least I know I CAN do it.

Good luck, ladies!
Thanks so much for doing your blog! Helping so many.

Congrats on the 45 pound loss and sorry for the discouraged feelings. I went to weigh in today and had lost .5 pounds in 4 days...just comes off REALLY slow on me it seems.

Keep hanging with us on this site, okay.....you can do it....one step at a time. The hardest part will be starting up again I would think...but once you're ready it can happen....even if slowly.
Old 10-19-2009, 09:32 PM   #429  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ButterFly49 View Post
I tried this recipe over the weekend and brought it to a Pumpkin Cook-off. It was very, very good, & tasted just like Pumpkin and without any real pumpkin in it.
Is this a recipe in the cookbook?
Please tell me more. Sounds good.
Old 10-19-2009, 09:42 PM   #430  

S/C/G: 230/229/150

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ButterFly49 View Post
Sound good can you write the recipe down? I would like to try it.
Old 10-20-2009, 12:22 PM   #431  

S/C/G: 182/164/140

Height: 5'8

Default Lemon-Basil Chicken

I found this in a cookbook and tailored it slightly to fit...it was so good-so much flavor (and on plan!)- I can't wait to have it again!!!!

Chicken:
1/2 cup chopped fresh basil
1/3 cup chopped green onions
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
2 tablespoons white wine vinegar (or cider vinegar)
1/2 teaspoon lemon pepper
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
4 (6-ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
Cooking spray

Basil Aioli:
1/4 cup finely chopped fresh basil
2 tablespoons MRC mayonnaise
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
1 1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
3/4 teaspoon bottled minced garlic
1/2 teaspoon olive oil

Preparation
To prepare chicken, combine first 6 ingredients in a large bowl. Add chicken to basil mixture, turning to coat.

Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add chicken to pan; cook 8 minutes on each side or until done.

While chicken cooks, prepare aioli. Combine 1/4 cup basil and remaining ingredients in a small bowl, stirring with a whisk. Serve 1T with chicken.
Old 10-20-2009, 05:25 PM   #432  

Quote:
Originally Posted by storment7 View Post
Sound good can you write the recipe down? I would like to try it.
I found it in cookbook-page 200. Let me know if you still need it written out.
Old 10-22-2009, 12:42 AM   #433  

S/C/G: 230/229/150

Height: 5'4

Quote:
I found it in cookbook-page 200. Let me know if you still need it written out.
Thank you I found it. I am going to give it a try sounds good.
Old 10-28-2009, 12:41 PM   #434  

S/C/G: 219.5/208/163

Default Southwestern Chicken

Really easy, but yummy, weekend lunch:

Chicken Breast (I like the thin cut ones), spread with dijonaise and sprinkle with garlic powder. Bake 350 until they look about half way done (maybe 5-7min, depending on cut). Add sliced poblano peppers to top of each breast and 1 thin deli slice of colby cheese. A little kick, but not too spicy. Just a nice variation. If you use the really thin (milanesa?) cut breasts, one breast with cheese slice should be about 4oz.
Old 10-28-2009, 04:36 PM   #435  

Height: 5'6''

Default Lettuce-Free Salad

Ok, so I wanted to get creative with my lunch veggies (which I ALWAYS eat raw) and I didn't want a normal salad...so I expirimented.

I used Tomato, Cucumber, Green Pepper, Onion, and Cilantro.

Cut all the veggies into similar sizes pieces, as big or small as you'd like.

Cut the cilantro as small as you can get it (i actually used a food processor). Big pieces are too strong...in fact, cilantro in general is strong, so it doesnt' take much.

Toss all of that together. I had protein room, so I added some shredded parmesean cheese and then added Balsamic Breeze spritzer dressing to it.

SO good. Kinda like pico de gallo salad. The Cilantro adds alot of flavor to the veggies.

Thought I'd share.
Closed Thread