3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Metabolic Research Center (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/metabolic-research-center-228/)
-   -   Metabolic Research Center - Take VI! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/metabolic-research-center/127517-metabolic-research-center-take-vi.html)

DJAEBBS 11-24-2007 11:56 PM

Desi We have close to the same ##s and its always important to know that we may not have as big a losses every week, but we'll get there. Congrats on retiring your old jeans!! That's the best feeling ever. I have two closets in my house that were full of clothes from size 4-14, not kidding FULL to the point the bars had to be reinforced. I seperated them by size once I started program (instead of season like b4). Every time I find something too big I get to go shopping in my "skinny closet". I have a huge box on the floor of by "fat closet" that I'm filling up to sell to Plato's closet. It's really cool to see it get fuller and my "skinny" closet get emptier.

Confession time...I was in New Orleans for a few days, I had decided I was going to cheat once a day and took fat blockers. I cheated a LOT, skipped meals in favor of Hurricanes and Hand Grenades! I won't go into the meals I DID eat because you'll all kick me out, but I was bad. Here's the thing, I came home CRAVING green vegs and I've NEVER done that. I also came down with a terrible cold that kept me down for another 4 days. I did lose .5 lbs, but I will never do that to myself again. It just makes you feel AWFUL.[/QUOTE]

Cargirl, Yes, we are very similar in all these numbers:) and your in Colorado too. How funny. I hope to be like you someday and have the old clothes organized to get rid of. I just cant seem to do that. When was your first day of MRC on the menus? I started November 10th.

Thanksgiving was good. Lots of temptations but I have to say I was pretty good. Ate a few off plan things and that was how we planned on doing it anyhow. Friday and today we went shopping and Friday it was for 7 hours of walking and shopping. I had a large green tea vs. a mocha from that over priced coffee shop we all seem to love and it was cheap and good.

I have decided not to weigh in until Tuesday or Wed. just so I can be sure and have a good few days before going back. Also, I know that we are doing a full weigh and measure date next day I go in so I really want it to be positive.

I started the Hoodia this week and maybe that is helping on the cravings but I along with someone else *dont remember who* feels that it makes you not feel thirsty and i agree totally.

Keep sharing your fat burn stories, love em!!

nomoredonuts4me 11-25-2007 06:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hvnlymzic (Post 1939755)
nomoredonuts - Too bad you had to work on Thanksgiving, but the added bonus of avoiding the food all together is pretty nice, I suppose. I'd stinking LOVE to get to 100lbs lost before the end of the year, but honestly, I don't think I can lose 20lbs in a month...so I'll get as close as I can and be pleased with that. But you...you'll get there and beyond, especially with your new friend Gazelle to help you. Maybe I'll ask for some exercise equipment for Christmas...but first I would want to be sure i'd use it. I have a friend that really likes an eliptical machine...but having never been on one, I don't know what to ask for. Maybe I'll have to check into that, huh? :) (it sounds better than walking...especially since it's snowing today!!)

Hvnly I am simply amazed by you. I can't believe you have lost 82 lbs without regular exercise. I can completely understand the not wanting or hesitation to begin an exercise program. I'm not here to judge or criticise you. I think you're great no matter what you do.

Starting exercise is a personal decision just as losing weight is. I believe there are many simularities to wanting to exercise and wanting to lose weight. I remember how hard it was to even begin to want to lose weight. I had failed so many times to maintain the weight loss I had achieved, so why even start. The same with exercise. 95% of starting is mental. It's the starting that's the hardest part. Once you start, you wonder why didn't I do this a long time ago. Your body responds immediately in a positive feel good way. I also believe you can overdo exercise which could lead to burnout. Exercising 20-30 minutes three days a week is very doable. I would recommend starting at 5-15 minutes three days a week.

I really like the elliptical machine too. I used one at the gym I belonged to for the past 5 months. If I could I would own one, but I have expensive taste and would want a 3000-4000 dollar Precor. There are less expensive models out there, but it would still cost between 500-800 dollars for a decent one. You might want to see if you can get a one month membership at a local gym to see what exercise equipment you like the best. You can get a Gazelle at Walmart, which would make it easy to return if you didn't like it. I couldn't think of a greater Christmas gift to give yourself and family than a good piece of exercise equipment.

nomoredonuts4me 11-25-2007 06:57 AM

ShineOn Woo Hoo for the 1.5 pounds lost!!! You are really cruisin. You are going to look mighty fine on that cruise ship:cool:

Jant Where are you! I hope you didn't fall off your turkey onto a pile of mashed potatoes.:turkey:

graduatethin 11-25-2007 07:04 AM

ShineOn: Thanks for the words of encouragement! I am so jealous of you -- going on a cruise! How fun!! I hope you have a wonderful time. I bet you find something to wear today- make sure you are trying on things that you like even if you think they won't look right-- because like you said, with your new body shape, things that you wouldn't have even looked at before, may be just what you are looking for. And it is a very great problem to have!!

RamsWife88 11-25-2007 09:03 AM

I am unable to see page 4, it won't pull up on the internet, says page not found, but it lets me skip to page 5? If anyone responded to my posts about the supplements and HNS, can you please repost or email to me craignjulianne@aol?

I am so glad I found you all! Julie

losingweightnow 11-25-2007 10:10 AM

Rams: here is what you were looking for

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hvnlymzic (Post 1939755)

RamsWife - Here is what I learned about whey protein, which is apparently what is in the HNS.

Q: Will whey protein help me lose weight?

A: Adding whey protein to the diet is a great way to jump-start a weight loss program. Whey protein is a key ingredient in numerous weight loss and meal replacement products and whey protein isolate (with no fat or carbohydrates) is often the preferred choice. Studies have found that individuals who combine diets with leucine rich protein foods, like whey protein, and exercise have more lean muscle tissue and they lose more body fat. As they lose fat their metabolic rate increases and they naturally burn more calories each day. Another way that whey protein helps manage weight is by promoting satiety, or a feeling of fullness.

My personal favorite part about the protein drinks is the satiety that they provide. Thats why we're allowed to have them between meals...they really stave off hunger for me. If I know I'm not going to be able to eat on time or if I don't get the right amount of food or there is some other imbalance I drink an HNS and it holds me for a while.

losingweightnow 11-25-2007 10:29 AM

Ok - so I made it! I had it easy for T-day though. It was just my husband, my kids and myself. I made a big turkey and ate it for lunch & dinner for 2 days. We also made it a point to walk on Tday, so we found a State park and walked to the beach (2 miles total). Even the kids walked/ran. It was a nice relaxing day. We even had baked apples ("apple pie") for "dessert" for Tday lunch. When I went to WI on Saturday morning I lost 1 1/5 pounds!! It was a great feeling. So I have added 3 weeks onto my program. Plus I am feeling "back on track" and more motivated! I will start walking/running today again to get ready for the 5k. I have only 8 pounds until I sign the 70 pound board! WOW!

As for pills, I take:
Flax (from CVS when they have buy one get one free)
Chromium (from CVS, buy one get one free)
COq10 (from CVS buy one get one free)
Corti-slim (from CVS)
Guggal (just started from center)
Internal Cleanser (triphala from center)
MRC6 (From center)
All Day Weight Loss (from center)

I may try the 5HTP, especially if it will help with moods... I am having a little pms issue...

Well - I need to stop & get ready to put up Christmas decorations - it's our annual Thanksgiving weekend tradition. Anyone else start decorating yet?

Good luck to everyone this week! Have a great week!

texdoc2001 11-25-2007 01:55 PM

What's the difference between chromium and chromium piccolinate (which is what I see in a couple of my center pills)?

lucky40 11-25-2007 03:40 PM

:?: well was a bad week for me, I havent had a migraine since september when I began this program. but wednesday of this week it started and would not go away, kept having one everyday rebound headaches, so switch from imitrex to replex finanlly today is the first day with no migraine in 5 days cross my fingers so far, I am not sure what triggered it, the only thing I changed this week was I ran out of cortitrim on monday do you think that would contribute ? bought some on thursday but just couldnt take anything or stay on program, really did not eat much at all, I plan to restart program tomorrow if I have no more rebound migraines.

RamsWife88 11-25-2007 05:48 PM

Corti-Slim / Corti-trim from MRC / Relacore

Quote:

Originally Posted by losingweightnow (Post 1940395)
Ok - so I made it! I had it easy for T-day though. It was just my husband, my kids and myself. I made a big turkey and ate it for lunch & dinner for 2 days. We also made it a point to walk on Tday, so we found a State park and walked to the beach (2 miles total). Even the kids walked/ran. It was a nice relaxing day. We even had baked apples ("apple pie") for "dessert" for Tday lunch. When I went to WI on Saturday morning I lost 1 1/5 pounds!! It was a great feeling. So I have added 3 weeks onto my program. Plus I am feeling "back on track" and more motivated! I will start walking/running today again to get ready for the 5k. I have only 8 pounds until I sign the 70 pound board! WOW!

As for pills, I take:
Flax (from CVS when they have buy one get one free)
Chromium (from CVS, buy one get one free)
COq10 (from CVS buy one get one free)
Corti-slim (from CVS)
Guggal (just started from center)
Internal Cleanser (triphala from center)
MRC6 (From center)
All Day Weight Loss (from center)

I may try the 5HTP, especially if it will help with moods... I am having a little pms issue...

Well - I need to stop & get ready to put up Christmas decorations - it's our annual Thanksgiving weekend tradition. Anyone else start decorating yet?

Good luck to everyone this week! Have a great week!

How do you like the Corti-Slim from CVS? I was thinking of trying the Relacore comparable to the Cortri-Trim from my MRC center. I did a little bit of research on the Relacore and some thought the Cortri-Trim from MRC gave better results. Some experienced pretty bad side effects with the Relacore i.e., hair loss, acne, headaches, insomnia. I am anxious to hear if you like the results from the Corti-Slim.
Thanks, Julie

marylou65 11-25-2007 09:03 PM

I'm very confused about the end of the 17 weeks that I signed up for. They tell me if I am satisfied with my weight loss at the end of the 17 week period I can go on the maintenance for a year. If I want to lose more weight I will have to re-sign for another $197 or so. So what if I am satisfied with my 17 week loss, go on maintenance but lose more weight on maintenance. Does that mean I will have to pay the re-sign fee because I would be losing weight? It doesn't make sense to have to re-sign if you can just move over to the maintenance part and still drop weight. Am I missing something? She said as long as I was on maintenance I could still come weigh in and purchase the supplements.

Mary V 11-25-2007 09:30 PM

4my2ltl1s - Congrats on signing the 25-lb board! You're on your way!!

I stayed on plan for Thanksgiving, despite many offers (pressure!) to have "just one little sliver" of pie, etc... My friends and family aren't "feeders" and while they understand my desire to lose, they seemed like they feared I was deprived or something! I repeatedly reassured them that I wasn't deprived and eventually they forgot all about me not having any.

On the other hand, I was talking about MRC to someone from work - this is someone who's watched my loss and has showed interest but has always had some excuse for not doing it. I happened to have my food diary with me, because I was going to WI after work, so I showed it to her. After seeing it, she said, "Oh, I could do that!" and decided to join! I'm so excited to be able to share this with others! Has anyone else had this experience?

SpringfieldAmy 11-25-2007 09:59 PM

Well I totally fell off the wagon and binged all weekend long. I am wondering if I should start back on the earlier menus or just start again from where I was. I guess I will just go in and confess in the morning and see what they say. I don't know where all of my earlier willpower has gone. I think I may ask about changing up the supplements too and see if it helps. Such a mess. Sorry to bring everyone down. You all are doing great. I hope to be back with you soon. Have any of you had any experience with failure and starting over?

Mary V 11-25-2007 10:11 PM

texdoc-Good choice throwing out the cranberry bread and getting right back on the program! You ROCK!

OMG! I've lost 28% of my initial body weight! Thanks, Sam, for telling me how to do the calculation!

losingweightnow- That 70-pound board is all yours! You're doing SO GREAT! Maybe a family walk will become a new Thanksgiving day tradition in your family!

cargirl- Good plan to ask for a different consultant. I've been going to MRC for 7-1/2 months now, I've seen consultants come and go, and I have my favorites. I've asked to see a favorite a few times and it's never been a problem. I like to choose who I'll meet with, especially if it's been a hard week or if I have a lot of questions. They seem to understand and have been accommodating and flexible.

[B]Marylou/B]- I just re-signed at the end of my initial program. If you continue to lose weight on maintenance they won't charge you... a year of maintenance comes with the program. They told me that on maintenance you can expect to lose another 5 lbs but I want to lose another 15-20, so I re-signed. Meemo is on maintenance so she probably can tell you about it, too. I don't know when your initial program ends, but I would recommend waiting until you get very close to start thinking/worrying about maintenance.

graduatethin- WOW! Halfway to goal! That's GREAT!!

ShineOn- Only a few more days till your cruise - I know you'll have such a great time wearing your new body... it hardly matters what you dress it in!

Donuts- I really admire your ambition and commitment to a new lifestyle. Staying on plan is easy for me, but exercise is my big hurdle. You inspire me!

:)

Mary V 11-25-2007 10:18 PM

Springfield Amy - I had a weekend like that... a camping trip. I packed all the program food, and had the best intentions, but I still ate and drank off plan. I gained a little but got back on plan on Monday. I noticed that the following week, I craved carbs like CRAZY! Don't beat yourself up :) "Failure" is a pretty strong word - Drink lots of water and get back on plan as soon as you can. We're here for you!