3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Metabolic Research Center (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/metabolic-research-center-228/)
-   -   Metabolic Reasearch Center - Take II (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/metabolic-research-center/112399-metabolic-reasearch-center-take-ii.html)

missysmom 05-21-2007 12:02 AM

what is the Meta Quick plan? i have heard of it a few times on here and my center has never recommended it for me. i have only lost 3 lbs in the past 3 weeks. this past weekend (thursday - right now) i have been in so much pain in my abdomen.. i dont know if its the diet or what.. so i stopped the plan for a few days thinking i needed some normal "fiber" and normal oil put back into me. i have hardly ate anything because of a lack of appitite. so i am guessing i'll be at the doctor tomorrow. please let me know about the Meta Quick plan though! thanks

LeopardMom 05-21-2007 01:06 AM

Missysmom- I think you are very smart to listen to your body. I hope the doctor will help you find out what is going on. Is it the upper abdomen over toward the right side? I wonder if your gallbladder is acting up. I hope you will go to the hospital if the pain gets much worse and I hope you feel better this week! You are doing really, really great on your weight loss!

LeopardMom 05-21-2007 01:15 AM

Many of you won't relate to this, but the amount of protein I am eating is too much! We ate out for lunch today and the only thing I could find on the menu on my plan was tilapia. If you've had gastric bypass like me, you will understand that I've eaten nothing since about noon and it's not going to be an easy night.

I've been thinking about my diet a lot and realizing how many carbs I have been consuming. I think that is where these extra pounds have come from. Many times I've eaten junk or worse, skipped lunch altogether because of taking care of my family. This is so stupid because I end up tired and hungry by mid afternoon and grab the "easy" carbs (like Cheese-its). Also, I'm drinking almost a twelve pack of diet soda a day now, which is completely idiotic. I've started cutting back today and have the headache to prove it. I drink the stuff instead of water.

I guess I have my work cut out for me this week!

Edited to add that my hair looks SO MUCH BETTER after the flax oil and total woman! Has that happened to anyone else? It's shinier and it is actually growing. Wow!

txrose3 05-21-2007 01:36 AM

Howdy, I'm a newbie. I've been on the MRC diet for a little over 3 weeks & have lost 9-l/2 lbs. I've been sticking to the diet fairly well, with minimal cheating. But, I'm hungry for soooooo much of the time. Since there is basically no snacking on this diet, I just wondered if anyone had any tips on coping w/the hunger? Thanks in advance.

skinnymeinside 05-21-2007 08:17 AM

as far as supplements go i buy mine from walmart. except mrc 6 hence it is only sold through them. the hns is required at my place if you don't buy from them you break contract. they can get pretty pricey. i try to buy on wednesday where here they give you a break.
the sick feeling is most likely the toxins leaving your body. i know when i quite soda cold turkey i had the worse migraines for like 3 days while the stuff left me. once gone i was fine.
i can't imagine trying to eat so much after gastric bypass. i am on the low carb program at my center. the carbs kill my hypothyroidism so i have to stay as low as possible.
missysmom what color are you on? the beige menu is the metaquick plan or at least at my center it is. i hope the dr finds out what is wrong with you please let us know.
have a great day everyone.

missysmom 05-21-2007 09:09 AM

haha silly me. i was on beige and now i am on meta slim aka green. i thought it was something new. darn it.. the name sounded good at least.. meta "quik"

the pains have primarily been on my right side which could be gallbladder or apendix, but they go from just the right side to shooting all over. i am going to the dr this after noon, it hurts or acts up primarily when i eat or drink anything, which makes me think it might be gallbladder but i have no clue. i have all my parts but tonsils and wisdom teeth..lol.. my mom and grandmother think its because of the diet that my body is screwed up and that im just constipated..lol.. but i guess thats them. i'll update after the dr. thanks for the help.. later gaters~

jenluv 05-21-2007 12:11 PM

Starting Today!

Hello my name is Jen. I started the program (day one) today! I'm excited. I was on the program back in 2004 when i had my first child. I lost 19 lbs in 4 wks. I cant wait to see results again! :carrot:

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt...99B/weight.png

jennifer34 05-21-2007 12:13 PM

Well, I WI Friday night, and had gained 1 pound. It was that lovely TOM, so I am hoping that was the main reason for the gain. I felt like I was holding on to more water, and I hadn't taken any B6 or anything. Next month I will, and see if it makes a difference. I fell off the menu a few times, but nothing drastic. Over the weekend I 've had this horrible toothache, so food has not been something to get excited about, I hope not eating at the right times, or eating enough doesn't mess things up too much. Oh well, will rebound this week!! Good luck to everyone's lossess!!

Hvnlymzic 05-21-2007 02:10 PM

Welcome to txrose3 and jenluv. I am new too...second post :)

Jonsmom - I am dealing with the sick stuff too. I am wondering if it is a girl thing, because my brother and hubby didn't get sick when they started...only me.

leopardmom - I found this forum because I was searching for recipes. I have a compiled list that I'll send to you if you'd like (and don't already have it from someone else).

WI is on Wed. for me...we'll see how it goes.

MelC 05-21-2007 02:46 PM

Hi everyone! I am new to this whole thing, so can use all the help I can get. I actually started MRC the very end of Mar. I have been on my eating program for 44 days now. I have had a bit of frustration because I have been staying around a 10 pd loss for a while now. I have lost 20 inches however so far which has been encouraging. I don't want to give up, but it's frustrating when you hear others losing 3-5pds a week & I am not. In the beginning I seemed to lose quickly, but the last few weeks have been either lose a couple, gain 1pd back, lose it or just sit there at the same place. I really have been trying very hard on this program. I have spent a lot of money already on this program and need to watch it. I need help & encouragement!

kewlmom 05-21-2007 03:33 PM

I know exactly how you feel. I am in the same boat. I went today and have only lost 9 lbs since April 13...but have lost 19 inches. I feel frustrated because I don't see it on the scales. They keep reassuring me but I feel I should be loseing more...I am averaging about 1 1/2 lbs per week...I want it to be more frequent. Oh well baby steps I guess...It is just so restrictive and so expensive I wanna see more....maybe it will get better....

kewlmom 05-21-2007 03:39 PM

shayh....

where did you find to get the products...i am switching to the releacore..what else can i switch to save money...i take enhancers, mrc6, coritrim which i already switched...and then the vitamins and flaxseed oil which i get elsewhere already.....i would appreciate your input on this.....thanks and you are very encouraging.

LeopardMom 05-21-2007 04:26 PM

Hvnlymzic- Thanks and I would love some recipes! I have the MRC cookbook, so if anyone needs me to look something up, let me know! I haven't been able to find the one with melba toast, chicken, ranch dry mix, and cottage cheese. It sounds really good!

Look at all of us starting! This is going to be fun to lose weight together! I bought a George Foreman grill today and I'm looking at the Magic Bullet on amazon. I also bought myself a tiny ipod shuffle, which has been completely awesome for running. I filled it up with my favorite music and it is my little motivator.

losingweightnow 05-21-2007 04:30 PM

Hey ya'll! Whew! I found you! I hadn't been online in a few days and thought I'd lost ya'll! I haven't joined yet - this friday - after we get paid I am going straight to MRC and signing my weight away! I can't wait! Tomorrow is my day to start weaning myself off sugar & junk. I want to get that part started before I get signed up. Can't wait to get in the game!

aprilw94 05-21-2007 04:53 PM

Hi ladies, I have been reading your posts for a couple of weeks now. I have been on the plan for 3 weeks and have lost 11lbs. I have hit a plateau but I am not discouraged because I know that it has to happen at some point!!!
Glad to be apart of this thread!!!