Old 06-26-2013, 12:27 AM   #1  

S/C/G: HW 420 324.6/Ticker/250

Height: 6

Default Wonder what my "ideal" weight is lol

According to the most sites I should be between 150-185 lbs. WOW, not sure about that lol. I've always been fat so I don't know what normal is for me. I guess that I am medium to large framed.
At my highest weight of 420 I wore 4xl shirts and I'm thinking a 50 in pants. Currently I'm 6' tall, 285 lbs. and wear 2xl shirts and 42 pants. I fell better now and I'm not "extremely" fat looking anymore to myself. I'm super excited to hit 250, then I'll aim for 220 and just go from there. Oh, I'm also hoping to get down to a large shirt but we'll see . Thanks for listening and I hope that everyone is doing well.
LGMongoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 06:20 PM   #2  

S/C/G: See sig...

Height: 5'8

I hate to say this, because it feels kinda like a cop-out, but you'll just know..? Ok let me back up my reasoning: you see when i first started all of this, I was sure that around 180 was where I needed to be. The BMI stuff all insisted I was closer to 160 which just felt wrong. After having a goal of about 160 for a while, about 50-60 lbs later I started going ot the gym and the trainer told me that I shoudl reach for 181 then add 10 lbs of muscle putting me at around 14% body fat. This turns out to be a great gauge.

Hmm in a round abot way I guess that is my answer. Try to predict what weight will put you at that healthy body fat % bracket... HUZZAH I'm all sorts of smart ;D
Bluejaybythesea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 02:42 AM   #3  
Weight Loss Expert

I bought a body fat measuring scale (even though I really can't say how reliable it is) and my ultimate goal is to go below 10% of body fat (at least once in my lifetime). How much will I weigh if and when I get there? I don't really know.
sprogy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 03:56 PM   #4  

S/C/G: See sig...

Height: 5'8

wow 10% thats some dedication! I;m aiming for 14% and even that feels like a huge task
Bluejaybythesea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 04:00 PM   #5  
diamondgeog

Almost any medical professional will tell you BMI is VERY crude. Think about the number of NFL players that would be obese and probably ARE under 10% body fat.

Body fat is probably way better than BMI. Also probably blood work is also: good and bad chlosteral (spelling) and triglycerdies, etc.

I remember when I was 220-230 I am 5'9". I think that would still be considered obese with BMI or near to it. I was pretty darn devoid of much fat at that point even belly fat.

That being said I actually do want to get to 200, but I am not even allowing myself to fixate on that now hence the 220 goal.

Anyhow BMI is very crude.