3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Men's Corner (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mens-corner-237/)
-   -   It's all about the water (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mens-corner/279576-its-all-about-water.html)

IanG 04-12-2013 08:46 AM

It's all about the water

I always weigh myself at the same time every day, naked and with an empty bladder.

Today I weighed myself with a semi-full bladder and was 0.2lbs up on the day before. Sheesh, I thought.

Then went for a pee. And I was down one pound on the day before.

Water is heavy! And it wasn't even a gully washer either!

joefla70 04-12-2013 09:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IanG (Post 4703444)
I always weigh myself at the same time every day, naked and with an empty bladder.

Today I weighed myself with a semi-full bladder and was 0.2lbs up on the day before. Sheesh, I thought.

Then went for a pee. And I was down one pound on the day before.

Water is heavy! And it wasn't even a gully washer either!

Oh, I learned this early on...and I see it every night/morning. I weigh myself at night just before I go to bed and in the morning just after I wake up and pee. The difference is usually about 2 pounds, give or take. The variable is whether I ate something that acts as a diuretic or will cause me to retain.

slick776 04-13-2013 06:10 PM

Yeah that is frustrating for me, I have to go to metabolic research center to weigh in. One day i was there on a Saturday morning, empty stomach and no water yet. The next time I go and it is after work. I had drank about a gallon of water so far that day and eaten all my meals. Of course my weight is going to be more then Saturday.

Sum38 04-13-2013 06:15 PM

Water??!! More likely BEER!!!! :rofl:

elvislover324 04-13-2013 06:22 PM

I learned from the last thread...I have no idea what a gully is but I'm not telling!

And yes, pee twice before weighing!!

thnknthin1 04-13-2013 06:30 PM

Definitely on the water......intake is just as important as output in regards to weight-wise I have discovered.

P.S. Elvis I hadn't heard of row in that term either, don't feel bad or be embarrassed....you're definitely braver than I admitting it ;)

elvislover324 04-13-2013 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thnknthin1 (Post 4705239)

P.S. Elvis I hadn't heard of row in that term either, don't feel bad or be embarrassed....you're definitely braver than I admitting it ;)

Thank you thnknthin!! I felt like an outcast with the snarky comments over there! Seriously, I never heard of it. It doesn't make me a bad person!

thnknthin1 04-13-2013 06:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elvislover324 (Post 4705244)
Thank you thnknthin!! I felt like an outcast with the snarky comments over there! Seriously, I never heard of it. It doesn't make me a bad person!

Yeah, I saw all that....I wanted to say something so bad. I wanted to shout "leave Elvis alone!". You just had the guts to say something probably half of us were thinking.

Sometimes I don't reply nearly as much as I want to, I've had comments geared towards me at times like that and it makes me "reply post shy". :hug:

IanG 04-13-2013 08:40 PM

I agree Elvis. Us English have our funny words. The Americans too!

Before I came here I did not know what a faucet was! We call it a tap.

So there I stood in Home Depot for a good five minutes telling the staff that I wanted a tap!

I could go on. Garbage is rubbish. Elevator is lift. Apartment is flat. Shopping cart is trolley (the American supermarket staff wet themselves at that one when I asked for a trolley - they were about to order me a trolley bus!).

It's just two different languages.

Anyway, in England a gully washer is a torrential rain that causes ditches to overflow creating flash floods on streets and roadways. I didn't pee like that!

amandie 04-13-2013 08:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elvislover324 (Post 4705244)

I hope you don't think I was one of them with the snarky comments?! :o

It definitely does not make you a bad person at all or anything! :)

I had no idea what a gully washer is until now.

IanG 04-13-2013 09:00 PM

I'm foreign. I speak funny words. Sorry.

amandie 04-13-2013 09:00 PM

As for the OP, it is sometimes interesting to see how much water and waste we carry in our bodies and I am always happy if it results in a loss on the scale but never 1lb for just a pee! :D

amandie 04-13-2013 09:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IanG (Post 4705381)
I'm foreign. I speak funny words. Sorry.

Nah! Never apologize for who you are!!! :D

IanG 04-13-2013 09:01 PM

Quote:

but never 1lb for just a pee!
It wasn't even a big pee. I had to push! I swear a normal pee is twice that.

Much heavier than number 2s! Sorry tmi!

elvislover324 04-13-2013 09:16 PM

Thanks Ian!!! And I LOL'd at you wanting a tap and a trolley, so so funny!!

And amandie, no way!! It wasn't you. You are a sweety!!! :) Someone else who posted in a few threads last night with unnecessary comments. I think it's British to say her knickers were in a knot?? At least that's my polite version!!