Old 04-03-2013, 05:13 AM   #1  

S/C/G: See sig...

Height: 5'8

Default Trouble with keeping food at 1200 cals a day

I have noticed that now that my eating habits have changed I no longer really want to eat 1200 cals a day. If I am not keeping myself in check using my fitness pal then I could easily eat as little as 8 or 900 cals a day.

The last two nights I had to space meals out far enough at night to a) be kinda hungry when I ate (because I wont force myself) and be eat enough to reach 1200 cals.

After talking to my sister and observing my mother I think the habit of eating very little then eating a whole lot at one point of the day that isn't good for us. I feel like we gain weight not by over-eating but under-eating.

Well on a plus note I have broken myself of those habits *mostly*. I still eat way to much at dinner, but I am making a conscious decision today to pack a few more calories into my breakfasts to try and even out the day more. Even though I have been losing just fine, this mad rush at 11/12 at night (morning) to reach that 1200 goal is getting silly.
Bluejaybythesea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 07:24 AM   #2  
Trying to be in the 160s

S/C/G: See my siggy ;)

Height: 5'8"

Yes, I would try to achieve greater balance. Eating late at night was part of my downfall (together with too many daily calories). I would literally eat and go to bed. A big breakfast has always been hard for me to stomach as well so I would concentrate on lunch and try to put any deficit in calories there. A big lunch is what I aim for.
IanG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 08:57 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Plan ahead. I have a meal plan every day. I know when I get up in the morning what I will be eating during the day. It takes me about 5 minutes to plan my days meals. It is not so rigid that I can't alter it if necessary, just remembering to stay in my calorie allotment..
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 09:08 PM   #4  

S/C/G: sig

Height: 5'10"

I'm having the same problem of not being able to eat ENOUGH so I'm trying to cook things with olive oil, since I usually use nothing, it's not a "bad fat" but it's very calorie rich. It's an easy way for me to get to my 1200 without stuffing myself.
(one Tbsp has about 120 calories)
Sunday115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 11:33 AM   #5  

If you have to get some quick calories in at the end of the day, 2 tablespoons of peanutbutter or a handful of nuts can add up to some serious calories quick!
elvislover324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 11:51 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 303/ticker/169

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by elvislover324 View Post
If you have to get some quick calories in at the end of the day, 2 tablespoons of peanutbutter or a handful of nuts can add up to some serious calories quick!
No kidding!! My "lunch" during the week is usually a 500 calorie pre-measured bag of nuts. It's amazing how small of an amount 500 calories of nuts is.
Fit dad 2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 11:54 AM   #7  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fit dad 2b View Post
No kidding!! My "lunch" during the week is usually a 500 calorie pre-measured bag of nuts. It's amazing how small of an amount 500 calories of nuts is.
LOL I used to eat half a can or jar without even looking up! HOLY calories!! Who knew a serving size is like a quarter of a cup!?
Old 04-12-2013, 02:13 PM   #8  

Quote:
Originally Posted by baltimora View Post
what i pick that is awesome is:

http://www.betternpeanutbutter.com/index.php

allows me a larger serving for the calories count.
my co-worker turned me on to it.
YUM! Thanks baltimora! Trader Joe's is on my agenda for the weekend so I'll check it out.

I have used the powdered PB2 for flavorings in some recipes and it's to die for too! Very low in calories and fat but tastes awesome!