Cologne: how many sprays?

You're on Page 2 of 2
Go to
  • Just one on the neck and one on the chest. I don't wear cologne often though. When I'm going out somewhere, but it's not an everyday, going to work thing.
  • I ADORE a good smelling guy, drives me wild lol. Though yes there is a very very fine line between smelling good and smelling like a chemical factory. I'm into old spice and classic stetson. I have actually always complemented a great smelling person male or female.
  • Quote: edit - haha, didn't even realize this was the men's section. Advice still holds! Also, if anyone reading has Axe body spray, do yourself and the world a favor and throw that out.
    Actually, I think the advice from women on this topic is just as desirable as from other men, and for those who are dating, probably more so.
  • Quote: Totally disagree! It takes everything I have some days not to stop men on the street and ask to sniff them! Lolol

I wish I knew what it was. I really should ask someday. I am too afraid of them thinking I am coming onto them or something!

But definately yes for cologne! One spray.
    I totally disagree too. I love love love good smelling men with lots of cologne. The more, the better in my opinion. I rarely come across a man wearing cologne and not like the scent. Even cheap ol' Drakkar Noir is yummy!

I cannot stand the smell of a "person", just their unwashed plain, unscented selves makes me absolutely sick. Just as sick as someone who claims they are allergic to scent.
  • It's not quantity, it's quality lol
  • Quote: Even cheap ol' Drakkar Noir is yummy!
    OMG I love the scent of Drakkar!! And it makes me feel like a teenager again when all the senior guys in high school were wearing it.

And just for the record men, I would follow any man home like a lost puppy dog if he's wearing Acqua Di Gio from Armani. *Swooooooooooon!*
  • I love cologne on my husband 1-2 sprays on freshly showered skin! Yum.
  • Quote: Brothertoad: Welcome to the forum!
    Thanks.

On a related note, what is the best way to choose a cologne?
  • I went to the store, and said I had never bought men's cologne before. The sales assistant immediately went to the newer/most popular scents and allowed me to smell each by spraying a little on a testing sheet. The one I liked most stood out a long way and I bought a small bottle of it. Big bottles are pricey. And if it's one spray, a small bottle will last ages. This is for the designer stuff. If it's Old Spice, just go to the supermarket!
  • You go to a perfume store and try on everything. Most of the time you will get little cards with the scent on it. Puick what you like best then ask to try it on your skin. It will smell different. They have a small thing of coffee beans to clean your palette, use it. From there its trial and error.
  • Thanks, guys. I'm looking for the good stuff, so I'll visit the department store.
  • The ladies at Macys will be more than happy to spray you down with some samples!
  • Quote: Thanks, guys. I'm looking for the good stuff, so I'll visit the department store.
    And spray a little on your wrist and walk around the store for a few minutes to see how it works on your skin.