3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Men's Corner (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mens-corner-237/)
-   -   Musac (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mens-corner/276857-musac.html)

IanG 03-03-2013 02:46 PM

Musac

I used to love listening to music in my late teens, early twenties and then gave it up for a decade-and-a-half.

Anyway, I'm back into listening and it really helps me with my weight loss, especially during the times I might be tempted in the evening or when walking.

What's most weird is that I am most enjoying listening to Country and Western music.

Anyone else using music?

Bluejaybythesea 03-03-2013 03:09 PM

Not as a weight loss tool, but I always have my iPod with me.

Favorite Genres: Industrial, Goth, Trance, New/Dark Wave, j-rock, and a sprinkle of American and European pop thrown in for good measure.

IanG 03-03-2013 03:28 PM

I used to like industrial when I was in my 20s. Sheep on Drugs and Front 242 were my favorite bands. I still like a bit of Front 242.

Then I went industrial techno. And it stopped around there. Probably for the best really...

Bluejaybythesea 03-03-2013 03:30 PM

grendel is one of my favorites right now. I actually have been listening to more dark wave recently, the Depeche Mode station on slacker has gotten a lot of millage out of me lately.

IanG 03-03-2013 03:35 PM

I like New Country on Slacker. That is how far I have come (or regressed).

IrishLad91 03-03-2013 03:47 PM

I've been djing since i was 16 (21 now) as a hobby and i do love listening to some tunes while working out, gets me pumped. I find some of the latest progressive house tracks and abit of light dubstep gets the blood flowing when working up a sweat but that's just me.

I think i love music abit too much, my track collection has reached just over 15,000 and counting since i started.

Bluejaybythesea 03-03-2013 04:05 PM

I forgot about dubstep. I actually like that when I am out running. Nothing like a wall of sounds to zone-out to.

IanG 03-08-2013 08:11 PM

**** yeah! Just discovered Dubstep.

I'm putting those tens back in the trunk when I get a chance.

Out with the stroller. Back in with the sub.

Sunday115 03-08-2013 08:14 PM

True story: I love listening to German death metal when I work out, I don't speak any, so I can just pretend they're mad about whatever I'm mad about.

baltimora 04-19-2013 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sunday115 (Post 4660684)
True story: I love listening to German death metal when I work out, I don't speak any, so I can just pretend they're mad about whatever I'm mad about.

Sunday, that made me laugh. You are too young to remember but you are in the hometown of a lot of good industrial music via the Wax Trax record label. There was a lot of good angry music: Ministry, Revco, Lead Into Gold, KMFDM, Sister Machine Gun, Front Line Assembly.

baltimora 04-19-2013 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IanG (Post 4653604)
I used to like industrial when I was in my 20s. Sheep on Drugs and Front 242 were my favorite bands. I still like a bit of Front 242.

Then I went industrial techno. And it stopped around there. Probably for the best really...

I like Cabaret Voltaire, Duran Duran, OMD, & Yello for walking. Speaking of which I will be in your hometown to see OMD at the 9:30 Club in July. Great venue!

IrishLad91 04-19-2013 04:38 PM

Daft Punk are back on the scene with their new album.

Daft Punk + Cardio = Beast Mode On

Lecomtes 04-19-2013 04:41 PM

I went though a period of several years when I didn't listen to music much either, I was put off by some of the recurring themes of more popular music. Then I heard Macklemore's song Same Love and my whole perspective on pop music and rap changed. When I jog, lately I've been listening to him.
I also have a passion for music composed by 19th century French Composers like Faure and Berlioz...so that's my walking fare.

baltimora 04-19-2013 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IrishLad91 (Post 4712663)
Daft Punk are back on the scene with their new album.

Daft Punk + Cardio = Beast Mode On

Ian, I have "around the world" repeating over and over in my head and it your fault (it is all I know about DP other than they are French....)

Silverfire 04-19-2013 04:48 PM

Music is a must! I won't step foot into work or the gym without it. If I forget my headphones I will go home to get them. No joke lol. At the gym my playlist will make or break my workout. A good playlist with the right BPM's for what I am doing makes things so much easier. Daft Punk's Areodynamite is the PERFECT song for the recumbent bike for me. I will listen to it on repeat for the whole time I am on the bike. Sometimes on the elliptical if a song comes on that is not the right beat, I get all screwed up like my feet have forgotten what they were doing.