3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Men's Corner (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mens-corner-237/)
-   -   Constipation now i'm dieting!! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mens-corner/276740-constipation-now-im-dieting.html)

IrishLad91 03-01-2013 01:45 PM

Constipation now i'm dieting!!

Sorry to offend anyone but i havent gone to the toilet for 5 days now and last week when i was struggling to go near the end of the week.

I'm eating good food and drinking nothing only water, i don't feel weak or lathargic or anything like that.

Anybody experiencing this aswell?

Does anyone have a remedy to help "flush" everything out?

Bluejaybythesea 03-01-2013 02:00 PM

Hmm, well in these cases I think the best advice is to see a Doctor. However if you can't you can do a quick search on Google. I happened upon a strength training forum which had a number of people complaining of the same thing especially if they where on high protein diets.

They mentioned some stuff they use to flush out their system but I cannot verify so I wont post em but if your daring you can Google it and see for yourself.

However one of the other [EDIT: guys/gals] on here will probably have some better advice for you.

Silverfire 03-01-2013 02:08 PM

Fiber fiber fiber!!! lol

I have started adding chia seeds to many things I eat, the added fiber really keeps bowel movements on track and on schedule! (also keeps you full) Maybe some Metamucil or something will help get things moving right away. If you still can't "go" after that, I would check out the doctor.

Bluejaybythesea 03-01-2013 02:14 PM

Chia. as in the seeds the pets are made out of? You can eat that stuff?

Silverfire 03-01-2013 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bluejaybythesea (Post 4651345)
Chia. as in the seeds the pets are made out of? You can eat that stuff?

The same! I know, when I first heard of eating them I thought WTF... But turns out they are edible and pretty good for you. You can also do some interesting things with them (Pudding... for one) I add a tsp to yogurt, or sometimes just take a "shot" of them (with water). Add them to smoothies to make them stay thick. Some googling on the subject should help you out. They are also in the cereal I am eating these days (called Holy Crap, and for a good reason) Google that too (you can make your own very easily if it interests you) Some people really like it, some people don't. I do!

Also LOL'd at your guys/gals edit there. Sometimes I don't really pay attention to what sections posts are in :)

IanG 03-01-2013 04:14 PM

I would try a nice strong coffee. That tends to get me moving. However, I too have gone a lot less since I have started eating less. Not nothing for 5 days though...

BillBlueEyes 03-01-2013 04:16 PM

When I've been stuck, Metamucil (a form of fiber) has always worked within the day.

Bluejaybythesea 03-01-2013 04:19 PM

Quote:

Also LOL'd at your guys/gals edit there. Sometimes I don't really pay attention to what sections posts are in
Heh, yeah originally put "guys" but its not just Men in the Men's forum ;D

Don't want to be discriminatory.

Also taking a gender class right now so I am hyper sensitive about [EDIT: nouns/pronouns] (stupid grammar) ATM.

IrishLad91 03-02-2013 05:55 PM

thanks for the ideas guys, still no movement and it's putting me abit on edge now.

If i'm still like this on monday ill buy some senakot and if theres no movement after that off to the doctor i go.

Kisigin 03-02-2013 06:00 PM

One bowl of raisin bran (preferably post) and then wait one day. Works like a charm.

IanG 03-02-2013 06:43 PM

There are always prunes. Makes my kids poop like nothing I have ever seen.

IrishLad91 03-03-2013 08:08 AM

My cousin just dropped me down some duphalac lactulose syrup, so now we play the waiting game.

Sorry if i'm grossing anybody out lol

IanG 03-03-2013 08:28 AM

Watch his weight drop. After five days, it could be a big one...

smashlers 03-03-2013 08:36 AM

Maybe you need some oil. Try a teaspoon of olive oil. loosen things up.

IanG 03-03-2013 04:44 PM

Is it out yet?