3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Men's Corner (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mens-corner-237/)
-   -   Beer (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mens-corner/276479-beer.html)

IanG 02-25-2013 08:37 PM

Beer

Beer is a bit of a red line for me as far as diets go. I love the stuff. And I don't know how any of the West Coast guys on here can drink anything else given the quality of their IPAs. Thankfully I live on the East Coast but the Green Flash still makes it through.

The bottom line is I am integrating beer into my diet. Healthy, no. But it's got to work for me. :shrug::shrug:

At least that's what I told my doctor.

Silverfire 02-25-2013 08:46 PM

I will not not have beer. Moderation is key (Read: that turns into infrequent binge drinking :lol:) Once and a while, usually for a reason, I buy a case of beer and then drink as much of it as I can. I can't drink nearly as many as I used to though. And then there is one beer when out for dinner, and that doesn't happen too often. I have also learned not to bother with the low cal beer, you just need to drink twice as many and that just defeats the whole purpose!

Cheers!

IrishLad91 02-26-2013 02:02 PM

Corona light is my drink when i go out now i'm dieting.

I'll miss my pints of Guinness :(

IanG 02-26-2013 08:03 PM

Ouch, I'd miss Guinness too if I were in Ireland. But at 6'4" you're gonna burn off weight so fast, you'll be back on the good stuff in no time.

IanG 02-26-2013 08:32 PM

Ooooooooooooooooooh. I do like some hard liquor but as a regular tipple there might be some issues with that.

I can sip on a beer or two all night. I have also been known in happy times to sip on a half bottle of whisky all night too, but I wouldn't want to do that all the time!

IanG 03-23-2013 08:10 PM

Just an update, I have been drinking West Coast IPA all the way through my diet and it has not upset my efforts too much yet.

I guess beer just doesn't do to me what it does to others and I'm lucky!

Yum! Salad and beer.

Sunday115 03-23-2013 08:13 PM

I want an ice cold Beck's right now, or guinness. So gooood. I cut alcohol out completely, not even on cheat days. :(

IanG 03-23-2013 08:18 PM

My IPAs are over 200 calories a bottle and I can easily sink two of them a night. Tee hee! My liver must be confused on where to put the alcohol. Or just bust. To be honest, the bloat/gas makes me feel a lot less hungry in the evening, just when I am at my most vulnerable. It certainly takes "drinking on an empty stomach" to a new level!

Bluejaybythesea 03-24-2013 03:21 AM

Got a wedding to go to tomorrow and plan on getting fairly intoxicated (after all, it is a wedding). I am not worried about calories or anything. I mean how often do i get to go tout? (never is the answer) so eff it.

IanG 03-24-2013 09:25 AM

Enjoy! Use the diet versions of the mixers though. I used real coke at the last party I went to! *Facepalm*. Should have asked for diet.

Let us know what fun you got up to!

IanG 03-27-2013 10:40 AM

OK, I think I have cracked how this works for me. Moderate drinking (2-3 bottles of beers) does not seem to have an impact on my weight loss.

But heavy drinking (3 pints of beer plus a car bomb) does. On a big night, I tend to lose weight the next day but then put it back on the day after where it can stay for a few days.

So some beer good, but too much bad.

joefla70 03-27-2013 11:24 AM

I don't drink much, but about a month ago my office went out to Yard House for a happy hour one Friday. My plan was to not drink or just have one beer. But then one thing led to another and by 12:30 that evening I had three pints of beer and four shots of various concoctions. That night I did not have any dinner and only had a couple of thin slices of a raw tuna appetizer. as it turned out, the drinking did not have any effect on my weight. I'm guessing it was because I basically substituted the drinks for my dinner!

IanG 03-27-2013 11:36 AM

Fantastic Joe.

I am certainly on a beer diet.

IanG 04-06-2013 02:22 PM

Just stocked up. :carrot:

Granted, it's not exactly Medifast. But it still gets the job done!

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/atta...eer-img070.jpg

IrishLad91 04-06-2013 06:52 PM

Feel free to invite me over anytime Ian.. i'll help you put away those brewskies.