Where it all begins! IrishLad91's Journey

You're on Page 7 of 9
Go to
  • Way to go Irishlad!!!! You have lost 70 lbs That is awesome!!!!! for you!
  • Hey everyone!

Week 18 over and I lost 3 lbs on the button this week which means I now weigh 259.0 lbs...i'm delighted to be in the 250's now!!

Insanity certainly isn't getting any easier but man it's really doing my body the world of good. Monday is my 2nd fit test and i'm looking forward to smashing all my scores from my first one.

Hope you're all keeping well, good luck.
  • Great job IrishLad. You continue to race down the scale!
  • Hi all, quick intro - have been battling with weight off an on for 15 years. Set a goal to be fit before im forty - hopefully long before!

I started April 15 with just a gym routine and "Kinda" watching what i was eating. Dropped a pound a week or maybe a few more or less weekly. My wife decided to try IP Diet (alternate program). She lost 7lbs in 1 week and I was sold.

My commitment level to this diet has increased 1000% reading some of your post - most importantly your progress trackers in your signatures. It is definitley motivating!!! Thanks

April 15th = 234 lbs
    May 15th = 230 lbs
    May 27th = 224 lbs
    June 10th = 220 lbs
    June 22nd = 222 lbs - i decided to join the wife on IP Diet
    Ready for that first weigh in....
  • Cheers for the messages guys, Ian you look like a new man in your new pic, massive respect.

Weigh in time...*drum roll*... I now weigh 257.2 lbs meaning a loss of 1.8 lbs this week which i'm happy with. I never imagined that losing all this weight would be so much hard work, i'm angry at myself for being so lazy and letting myself get as big as I was.

Keep it up everyone!
  • Hi all, weigh in time again and I now weigh 254.8 which means I had a loss of 2.4 lbs this week which is awesome! I can almost smell the 240's
  • Grats! Your doing great, I can't wait to get to the 250's.
  • The 240s are great. I remember them well. Party time soon!
  • Hello everyone it's that time again...

Last week I weighed 254.8 and I now weigh 253.4 which is a loss of 1.4 lbs this week which i'm pretty happy with. Gonna try and dig deep this week to get into the 240's!
  • Hi everyone, weigh in time yet again and we're on week 23 now which seems crazy.

Had a good week and lost 3.6 lbs and I now weigh 248.2 lbs, i'm also after hitting a personal mini goal because i'm now technically just overweight and not obese anymore which is fantastic!

Next week could be a real big weight loss as i'm attempting a 7 day fast, i'm hoping I can do all 7 days but if my body tells me to stop then I instantly will.
  • Well done IrishLad. God you lose fast!
  • You are a loosing machine! Good luck on the fast, keep us posted.
  • Hey everyone, the water fast didn't go as planned, I was about 76 hours in and I went to stand up and got real dizzy so I pulled the plug on it and broke the fast but I still had a very big weight loss thanks to the time I fasted.

I now weigh 243.8 lbs which gives me a loss of 4.6 lbs this week which is fantastic. Can I get into the 230's by next week?, it would be amazing if I could. I'm gonna try my hardest and probably throw in a 24 hours fast to help me along.
  • You are doing fantastic with your weight loss! Although I don't fast, I do watch calorie intake and sometimes reduce my calories by half in order to lose the little extra half pound or pound that my body wants to hang on to. I'll be cheering for you on the sidelines! I hope you reach your goal of getting in the 230's soon!
  • Thanks seaurchin, I'm gonna work hard to be in the 230's by next weigh in.