Old 03-18-2012, 11:32 AM   #1  

Default New kid

Ok, I am 20 Years old and have been losing weight for about a month now. I was up to around 345 and now am at 328. I need to be down to 220. I am joining the Navy and need to make weight as soon as possible.

I have cut out soda and am currently drinking about 3/4 to a gallon of water each day and do cardio+weights 2 times every day... Things were going great at first and then I lost some motivation but I'm back to being dedicated to this.

Anyone recommend any diet for me? I haven't really been on any one specifically. I'm just kind of eating different things. Lots and lots of egg whites haha.

Any tips or diet ideas would be great!
DEP gunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 01:22 PM   #2  
Sarah

S/C/G: 172/ticker/125

Height: 5´4.5

Welcome from an Army wife! It is hard to diet and you do get bored, but I think when you have an end goal, and a reason for it, it can make things easier. I highly suggest you cut out ¨white carbs¨and eat multi-grains, as well as calorie count. Not sure how tall you are, but a man that needs to lose what you do should maybe have around 1800 a day. It´s best to count because there are so many empty calories we never think about. It help tyo keep you on track.

Welcome again and good luck!
lovemydoggiesx2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 09:32 PM   #3  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

I think SARAH gave you good, sound advice. You want to lose weight and stay healthy, and since you've already had trouble with motivation, it's better to start out with a more sensible plan. Focus on lean meats, lots of veggies & salads to fill you up; whole grains & complex carbs in moderation; plus some fruit & dairy each day is good too.

You can always tweak your plan as you go along, but getting started is half the battle won. Maybe start with interval walking (regular/fast), toning exercises (pushups, situps, lunges, squats, jumping jacks), and some weight-lifting would help you too ... good luck!
Justwant2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote