Old 01-07-2012, 07:54 PM   #16  

Height: 5'11"

Kids...
wanzulfikri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 12:55 AM   #17  

One of my recent moments was when my wife and I went to a restaurant and I ordered one of those "reduced calorie" meals. The waitress looked at me and said, "You know those meals are really small; there's not much food in them."

Maybe I should have ordered five of them and said, "How's that? Is it enough food now?"

I wanted to crawl under my seat.
Are Sea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 01:58 PM   #18  
1 fat guy on a diet

S/C/G: 260/ticker/190

Height: 6'0"

When I was 17 years old (1997), I weighed roughly 310 lbs. I worked in a grocery store part time, pushing carts and bagging groceries. One day we got a new store manager transferred in and he was a real health nut. He was in his 40's and really fit, but also a bit narcissistic imo. He had no problem constantly reminding me of how fat I was, saying things like "That shirt looks really uncomfortable", or "I'm not sure you can do this job", ect. Anyway, this was embarrassing to me and the first time I had ever had any problems with any manager, I had a really good reputation as a hard worker and had been a youth manager for quite a while. Everyone liked me except him and he was the highest ranked guy there.

Fast forward a few months and I manged to get moved to the night shift stock crew. I worked sooo hard stocking groceries and got down to 230 over 1 summer before my senior year in high school. In the meantime, that manager was fired for sexual harassment and ended up working as a stock boy at another grocery store, lol. Didn't take long for karma to come back and bite him.

I later became an electro-mechanical tech and married my dreamgirl. I love my life, but I have to do something about this weight I'm holding. 15 years of smoking and eating wrong, along with a slew of self esteem and anxiety problems have taken a toll. I'm 32 and feel like I won't live to 40. I have to change that--- I have quit smoking finally and now it's time to drop this weight! I decided I want to live, and live fully unlike my father and mother who passed in their 50's I've already accomplished my career goals and if I can get my health I know I will have an even better life! I want to be 200lbs and driving a Corvette!
speedofsound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 02:48 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 455/434.5/225

Height: 6'3''

I am VERY large, but have yet to have a chair collapse on me. That is a phobia for me, so I am very careful about what chairs I sit in.

One embarrasing moment that stands out in my mind was when I went jet skiing and hit a turn a little too fast and went flying in the air. I was amazed at how far I flew...like I was rag doll. I swam back to my jet ski. But could NOT get back on it. I ended up having to be towed by one of the instructors on the side of his jet ski. My boys thought it was hilarious and I was mortified, but laughed it off so it would pass as quickly as possible.

I live my life around not being embarrassed about my weight. I make sure I don't put myself in a situation where something will break. I absolutley HATE not having vetted a surface i have to stand, sit, or lay on. The anxiety is ridiculously intense.
TheRightWeigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 10:48 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 357/ticker/157

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Are Sea View Post
One of my recent moments was when my wife and I went to a restaurant and I ordered one of those "reduced calorie" meals. The waitress looked at me and said, "You know those meals are really small; there's not much food in them."

Maybe I should have ordered five of them and said, "How's that? Is it enough food now?"

I wanted to crawl under my seat.
I would have responded with an icy stare and, "That's the *point*."

Also, she would have kissed her tip goodbye.
saltatoria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 10:41 AM   #21  

S/C/G: 455/434.5/225

Height: 6'3''

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltatoria View Post
I would have responded with an icy stare and, "That's the *point*."

Also, she would have kissed her tip goodbye.
LOL...I LOVE this...this would very likely be my response as well!
TheRightWeigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 12:15 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 285/200/200

Height: 6' 2"

Default Back At Ya Baby!

I might have gotten a big, wide smile on my face, then look at her in the eyes, earnestly, and said...

"Well...the thing is sweetie...I'm on a very strict diet...can't you tell!"

LOL!
Wimpster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 10:17 AM   #23  
Began IP 3-29-2012

S/C/G: 470/316/220

Height: 6'00"

riding in a bumper car with the silver bracket that is supposed to go around your waist up around my chest. Not fitting into a booth at a restaurant , that happened a few times, always ask and wait for a table now. Not fitting into chairs or having to look or ask for one with out arms. Broken chairs and a few broken toilet seats. The cheap pressed wood seats covered in paint/plastic. And man does that seat pinch the back of your leg. Then going to the local home depot to buy a replacement because it was the toilet at your in laws house. The worst for me about a month ago was when my wife said she did not want me to go on vacation with the rest of the family because I slowed them down. My 9 year old was more upset than me and said he would not go with out me. I cried pretty hard after that one. I am teary eyed now just thinking about it. Well I am 35# smaller now and feel a lot better. Still have a long way to go but I am going to make it.

Last edited by usmcvet; 04-15-2012 at 10:20 AM.
usmcvet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 09:55 PM   #24  

S/C/G: 406/394/200

Height: 5"7

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRightWeigh View Post
I live my life around not being embarrassed about my weight. I make sure I don't put myself in a situation where something will break. I absolutley HATE not having vetted a surface i have to stand, sit, or lay on. The anxiety is ridiculously intense.
Oh my looord me also! For example I worry about lying on beds on legs rather than divan beds... one time at a friends when i was staying the night she offered me a bed with legs and I had to pretend I just prefer lying on the floor!

The worst thing is lots of my friends are slim; the challenges of being very big just don't even enter their mind so sometimes I am in a situation where I have to explain these things. For example a friend got me a present of tickets to a musical and I had to explain I need special seating arrangements, or one time when a taxi could not carry us (well ME) because I couldn't do the belt so the driver wouldn't move.

Another example is when I was involved in a choir, and we had to get t shirts for an event, so the leader sent round a piece of paper for us to note down our name and size. I was SOOO embarrassed at the thought of everyone seeing my size written down. I mean, obviously looking at me they will guess I'm not exactly a small, but I just didn't really want people seeing. I had to try and make it so that I wrote it last!

usmcvet, that sounds really upsetting Surely having you there is more important that getting slowed down? Well done on your loss so far though!!
xxxx
JoseLo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 02:11 AM   #25  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

I broke a couple of toilet seats in our last place (the cheap plastic kind). The landlord forked for a good one and it never broke. We own our own place now and the toilet seat here is a good one too. One time I went to my brother's house and he came in with a "special" chair becuz he didn't want me to break his diningroom set chairs. I asked him if he did that with our mother who weighed more than me, and he said "no" -- cuz she'd get mad at him. Well, dah ... it was OK to offend me, but not Mom. Uh-huh.

USMCVET ~ ouch, that had to hurt --but hey, you are down 70 big ones now! That's fabulous!
Justwant2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 09:18 AM   #26  
Began IP 3-29-2012

Hey guys. Thanks for the support. It is important we are here for each other. I love my Toto toilet and its seat! Well made and several years old. The 70 pounds lost is a new beginning I feel so much better and motivated to keep going.
Old 05-30-2012, 11:17 PM   #27  
Don't turn back.

S/C/G: 262/(ticker)/153

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by usmcvet View Post
Hey guys. Thanks for the support. It is important we are here for each other. I love my Toto toilet and its seat! Well made and several years old. The 70 pounds lost is a new beginning I feel so much better and motivated to keep going.
I'm mad at your wife! how thoughtless. I would much rather have you there and move at a snails pace than leave you at home. Im sure she's a lovely woman but if I knew her I'd give her a piece of my mind!!
munchievictim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 11:24 PM   #28  
Began IP 3-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by munchievictim View Post
I'm mad at your wife! how thoughtless. I would much rather have you there and move at a snails pace than leave you at home. Im sure she's a lovely woman but if I knew her I'd give her a piece of my mind!!
She is pretty angry at me over my weight. With the 75# I've lost I would now be able to keep up. It hurt pretty bad. Still does. My 9 year old was my hero when he stuck up for me.
Old 07-22-2012, 03:38 PM   #29  

S/C/G: 400/350/200

Height: 5'9"

Can relate to all of these. Broken chairs, airplane seatbelt extenders, awful pictures, fear of restaurant booths, comments by waitresses, etc. Have had some bad ones around pants ripping open or buttons popping off as well.

One that REALLY sets me off is when people on the street try to get my attention with "Hey big man!!" or "Hey big guy!!" or something.

Last edited by supermario; 07-22-2012 at 03:39 PM.
supermario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 10:32 AM   #30  
Born Loser

S/C/G: 490/See Tracker/245

I've had several broken chairs in my history and had to ask for seat belt extenders. Probably one of the most embarrassing was having problems with my back and having to tell my surgeon that I had gained 140 back after my back surgery. He specified that is the one thing I should not do.

One of the funniest was when I was a teenager I weighed 490 and had a tendency to go commando. LOL Well I was helping push a car off the road on a very busy highway and my pants drooped to my ankles and there I was in all my glory. LOL I learned that underwear serve more of purpose then just saving on laundry.

Last edited by howie6267; 07-24-2012 at 10:46 AM.
howie6267 is offline   Reply With Quote