Checking in to see how many women are in the men's corner!

You're on Page 2 of 2
Go to
  • major lurker, i enjoy reading stuff from guys lol
  • I love that women are reading/posting here. I'm not sure about the rest of you guys but I believe that for most of us the biggest win about getting in shape is positive attention from women.

Don't take this as me being an internet stalker type (I'm very happily married) but women have always puzzled me - so different from men. Any insights I can get make the gap between us smaller (a good thing).
  • I post everywhere, often without knowing where I'm posting. I don't go into specific forums when I log in to the site. Instead, I click "New Posts" from the blue bar and read all of the new threads (well all the new one's with a title that catches my eye).

More often than not, I don't even know which forum I'm in when I post. I just read the post title, and just respond to the posts that appeal to me.

As a result, I've stuck my foot in my mouth a few times - for example singing the praises of TOPS and pointing out it's advanges over Weight Watchers, not realizing I was posting in a WW forum. Although I've also done that intentionally in WW forums (for example, if someone says they love the WW program and support, but can't afford the program anymore. I'll then share that at TOPS many members continue to follow the WW program because all sensible diet plans are supported).

But surprisingly, there's only been a very few times in which I felt that what I said was inappropriate to the thread, and even fewer times when anyone else has voiced any criticism (maybe everyone was too polite). At any rate, it usually works out just fine.
  • lol im guilty of snooping lol ...
  • I wanted to check out the guys....lol
  • Quote: I think the primary difference between how men and women support one another is that men aren't going to call eachother "honey" and "dear".
    That's the truth, but you guys still give great advice.

Quote: I lurk, and I confess, I have posted as well.
    Ditto
  • I love this men's corner. I've been happily married for 14 years and with my hubby for five years before that and even after almost 2 decades, men are still such a mystery. These threads are fascinating, lol. Thanks for the insight and allowing me to snoop...a little.
  • I am also committing some major lurkage. I have not commented, but I have been tempted.
  • Do most guys only post in men's corner or are some of you posting in other forums?
  • Most guys seem to mostly post around the site, and also sometimes here.

Also, it's not always obvious who's a guy just by avatars.
  • I never knew (or noticed) there was a men's forum until now. I might have to lurk occasionally.
  • lol so true us women. to funny just caught myself. hmmm a mens corner? didnt know we had that. lol still had to be nosey and see what these men are doing. lol to funny. us women do have to have our nose in everything.