Old 03-22-2011, 08:20 AM   #31  

S/C/G: 289/220/189

Height: 6'1"

JohnP..thanks for the encouragement. I am really motivated. Grandfather and uncle died from liver cancer and mom had to have a liver transplant. I have always been very athletic and was a pretty healthy 289 if there is such a thing. Only had to take blood pressure medicine for mild hypertension, which is resolved now. I was a cut 215 my junior year in high school while playing football. I hope i can get down to the 209 goal, which will put me to what I was when I was 16.
crainjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 08:36 AM   #32  

Here is a before picture and a halfway through picture.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Before.jpg (24.9 KB, 27 views)
File Type: jpg Halfway.jpg (20.4 KB, 28 views)
Old 03-29-2011, 02:03 AM   #33  

S/C/G: 455/434.5/225

Height: 6'3''

Well my name is Kingsley,I am 26 years old. I have been on this site since 2009. I am pretty geeked about this new section. I recently restarted this weight loss journey. At my heaviest I was 455 lbs, that was about a month ago. I am now at 434.5 lbs. I have a long, long way to go as I am thinking I want my goal to be around 225. I don't want to be a "skinny" guy. I'm thinking more 34-36 than 30 waist. I'll just have to see how I feel when I get closer to that number. I am terrified of loose skin because I KNOW I will opt for reconstructive surgery and am HIGHLY uncomfortable with a major surgery like that. I just refuse to lose that much weight and not be pretty comfortable with my body. I know being healthy is the big reason to lose weight, but being happy(or at least "ok")with how I look is about equal for me. I mean, I am relatively healthy. No diabetes or anything like that and decent endurance. Only concerns I have right now is back pain from awkward sleep and knee/shin pain. So, the main difference would be how i look...oh and what clothes/shoes I can buy...i was so geeked when i heard i could lose weight in my FEET...i DESTROY shoes
TheRightWeigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 08:55 AM   #34  
Super Moderator

S/C/G: 239/173/165

Height: 5'9"

Welcome Kingsley, and Congrats on your loss of 21 pounds.

It's a great start to have your list of reasons you want to be at a lower weight - good idea to write those down and review them every day; the reinforcement does, IMHO, rewire some neurons and make it easier to stay the course.

You might consider starting with smaller goals. It works wonders to choose to lose, say, 10 pounds at a time. That's a goal you can achieve and give yourself a reward for - a non-food reward, LOL. It's a challenge to focus on the grand goals of several hundred pounds because it's easy to get discouraged and to worry about future body issues.

There are a bunch of different eating plans and exercise plans being pursued by folks on 3FC. Have you gotten to the place of selecting those for yourself?

Glad you've joined us.
BillBlueEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 10:29 AM   #35  
One man would not fall...

S/C/G: 400/223/190

Height: 5' 10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRightWeigh View Post
Well my name is Kingsley,I am 26 years old. I have been on this site since 2009. I am pretty geeked about this new section. I recently restarted this weight loss journey. At my heaviest I was 455 lbs, that was about a month ago. I am now at 434.5 lbs. I have a long, long way to go as I am thinking I want my goal to be around 225. I don't want to be a "skinny" guy. I'm thinking more 34-36 than 30 waist. I'll just have to see how I feel when I get closer to that number. I am terrified of loose skin because I KNOW I will opt for reconstructive surgery and am HIGHLY uncomfortable with a major surgery like that. I just refuse to lose that much weight and not be pretty comfortable with my body. I know being healthy is the big reason to lose weight, but being happy(or at least "ok")with how I look is about equal for me. I mean, I am relatively healthy. No diabetes or anything like that and decent endurance. Only concerns I have right now is back pain from awkward sleep and knee/shin pain. So, the main difference would be how i look...oh and what clothes/shoes I can buy...i was so geeked when i heard i could lose weight in my FEET...i DESTROY shoes
Not that it's any of my business but you seem to be biting off more than you can chew, looking far to distant into the future, can't believe you would actually be more concerned over loose skin vs weighing 450 + pounds. You are not healthy, you just have youth on your side, that won't sustain / last forever though. I'm not trying to be negative just that you need to relax and look at this from a long term perspective, planning what you are going to be doing 1 or 2 years from now creates unrealistic targets, you need to worry about today alone "right now" and each successive day as a new beginning.

Also i think you are not being sincere with yourself yet, don't burn yourself out before you get going.

Changing your entire physical appearance and entire mental/psych overhaul is absolutely 100% gruelling, be prepared, make sure you find a plan (foundation) that you can absolutely maintain and rely on through the absolute low of lows.

I have some loose skin, no where near as bad as some i've seen, i gain weight all over though so it was spread out pretty evenly, will know better when i drop another 40 pounds just what i have to deal with, truthfully i never expect to look like i did, during my weekend hospital stay at no time did the nurses make me feel ashamed or uncomfortable that i had lost a lot of weight and didn't look like a greek adonis, a couple even seemed to kind of like me more for it, especially that i did it all on my own .

I wish you well, take stock of the fortitude of these ladies and watch and learn from them, they are methodical and intelligent in their approach, take from them what they have learned works, it's harder for women to lose weight (less muscle mass) when they find ways, you take note.
Resolute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 01:11 PM   #36  
Embracing the suck

S/C/G: 300/234/abs

Height: 6'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Resolute View Post
... a couple even seemed to kind of like me more for it, especially that i did it all on my own .
Not surprising. It is admirable what you have accomplished.
JohnP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 06:45 PM   #37  

S/C/G: 455/434.5/225

Height: 6'3''

@BillBlueEyes Thanks for the encouragement...I am setting small goals...I hit the 20 lb goal already...so that philosophy is not lost on me. I have a plan and i thought i'd hate it, but i love the stability...thanks so much again

@Resolute I am definitely being sincere with myself. I know the realities, but i yet have my goals and desires for my body. I realize it's a distant future, but i still acknowledge it as a real, and attainable future. I have to believe I can get where I desire to be. It's what i believe what works for me. Health is first, I understand that youth is on my side, but that is not the ONLY reason for me losing weight and i can admit that without feeling shallow or insincere. Don't be timid at all, it's your business because i put it out here...you never know...one day your blunt words or sentiments may be JUST what i need if i'm in a bad place. I appreciate you already!
TheRightWeigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 12:53 PM   #38  

Hi All

I'm new to the site, and hope to learn something here. I'm not new to loosing weight. I've got a pretty good handle on it (for now, for me at least) . At my peak, about a year ago, I was ~350 lbs. These days, I weigh in under 270, still fat mind you, but far from where I started.

My basic approach is walking. I had all the usual problems associated with the super obese, but the one that bugged me the most was not being able to get around, so I started walking. When I started , going around the block was a pain. These days, I do 5 miles, or more, every morning.

The other part was to control what and how much I eat. The basic approach is low carb. I stopped all high GI carbs (bread pasta donuts cake candy etc) cold turkey. It is not , however, no carb. I get about a pound of low starch vegetables in every day. Also, I try not eat so much ( no seconds at dinner, no gorging after dinner, asking myself, when I eat, if I'm full). I don't bother with counting carbs or calories,

I figure I'm a little under halfway to my goal (~175), but, if your as fat as me, that is way too distant a goal, and concentrating on it would be , for me, counter productive. My goal is always the next ten pound mark . I just dropped under 270 so I'm looking now at reaching 260. I find if I keep the goals incremental, I stay focused an motivated.

So, hello to all

--G

PS.. how do you get one of those weight gifs up in the signature?
georgepds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 03:38 PM   #39  

@George..Welcome. Yeah I do mini-goals of 10 pounds also. About 5 pounds away from my 60 lost mark. Keep up the good work.
Old 04-05-2011, 08:29 PM   #40  
Super Moderator

Welcome georgepds - Congratulations on those BIG 80 pounds gone.

Sounds like you've got a rational eating plan, and are getting your exercise by walking. No wonder you're doing well. Keep on keeping on.

Those signature things come after 20 days and 20 posts - the delay is a SPAM deterrent - so look about, post a bit, and in 20 days you'll be able to design your own.

Good luck on your journey.
Old 04-08-2011, 06:42 PM   #41  

S/C/G: 323/288/230

Height: 6' 2"

Hi all - my name is Ron and I'm on my 2nd time through with Ideal Protein. I lost focus around the holidays last year and regained about 90% of my original 60 lbs. lost - but have taken about half of that back off again. Glad to have a place to be held accountable and "share the ride" as well.

rondre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 09:50 PM   #42  
Super Moderator

Welcome rondre - Glad to see that you've already discovered the active IP threads here.

Congrats on the pound lost, and then lost again. Getting right back on track seems to be one of the best tools for long term loss.

Do you also have an exercise plan?
Old 04-11-2011, 11:03 AM   #43  

S/C/G: 323/288/230

Height: 6' 2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillBlueEyes View Post
Welcome rondre - Glad to see that you've already discovered the active IP threads here.

Congrats on the pound lost, and then lost again. Getting right back on track seems to be one of the best tools for long term loss.

Do you also have an exercise plan?
I've just been walking since I've been told that exercise is a no-no on IP. Once I'm off IP I am planning on doing the power 90 program followed by p90x. After that - probably continue with whatever sounds good. I have some bowflex select-tech dumbbells and just received a treadmill for my birthday so the exercise world is my oyster once I startup. Always open to suggestions though.

rondre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 02:30 PM   #44  

S/C/G: 149/91/85 (kgs)

Height: 184cms

Hi guys I'm Phil. Started this "journey" back in January as a new year resolution. Started at 328 pounds and have since lost 72 pounds. I count calories (I consume around 1500 each day) with the help of the Fitday PC software and it has been fairly easy so far for me.

I have been walking this whole time but now I'm trying to have a more complete workout, struggling a bit.

nice to meet you all and excuse my English please, not a native speaker...
axaxouxas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 12:05 AM   #45  
Struggling Member

S/C/G: 325/...../220

Height: 5' 11"

Hi Phil I am new here also. My next big goal is 115 kg and you are already there. I know I'll feel a lot better when I can get to 115 kg.

I was in the USMC in my 20s so I know what to do to maintain weight but I just have to have the willpower to do it. I walk 7 km every morning but I need to regulate my diet better.
darius is offline   Reply With Quote