Old 08-13-2018, 06:35 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 224.5/217.0/184

Height: 5'4

Default Food Recommendations

Today is my first day on the program and I don't like any of the food I choose
I have cinnamon pretzels (2boxes), mixed berry cereal, gingerbread, wild rice soup and garlic mashed potatoes. What are some other options that might taste better than what I choose? I really want to follow the program and be successful but this food is making it difficult
ladyterp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2018, 10:33 PM   #2  
Jesus, I trust in You

Height: 5' 2"

Check out youtube for optavia hacks, this one is my favorite:

Mallorie in the Making

I like many of the shakes:
Vanilla
Hot Cocoa as shake
Caramel Macchiato
Peanut Butter
Chocolate Cherry

Cinnamon Cereal

Bars:
Peanut Butter Chewy
Cookie Dough Chewy
Smore's
Chocolate Mint Crunch
Lemon Crunch
Honey and Cranberry Granola

These are just to name a few!
MorningGlory1950 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2019, 09:24 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 182/130/130

Height: 5'3"

I wasn't a fan of the garlic mashed potatoes either. One of my favorites is the beef veg soup.

The key to any of the soups is to let them soak for a couple of hours before heating and eating. I put the soup mix in a bowl with the one cup of water and then cover it and let it stand at least two hours. This lets the little vegs, meat pieces and other things in the soup plump up so that when you heat the soup it's very nice. The tomato bisque soup has bits of tomato in it that come to life with soaking.

One thing you will find as you are on the Medifast plan for a while is that these meals start to taste pretty good. I think it's because there isn't so much to eat.

I really like the honey mustard pretzels but don't buy them often because they make me want to eat more. The s'mores bars are very nice. I like the oatmeal, but some people new on Medifast find that disgusting. heh heh If you get the pancakes you can make a mug muffin, which I do instead of making the pancakes. Put the mix in a mug with about three tbsp. water and microwave for about 85 seconds (may be less in a powerful microwave). It makes one plump muffin and it's easy and you can take that muffin on the go.

I hope these suggestions help.
Old Biddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2019, 11:18 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 237/178.4/165

Height: 5'10"

I agree the soups all need to soak. I mix up my soup for my lunch when I do my first fueling at breakfast.

I wish we could order single packets so we could try things out. I still have things from my first box. Most of the hacks haven't helped. The mac and cheese and the oatmeal is O.o no matter what you do to them. The garlic potatoes and the sweet potatoes are tolerable if you waffle them. The pancakes are kinda bland. They would be okay if I could put butter and syrup on them.

A lot of the fuelings are better if you waffle them. Some people use a Dash mini waffle iron. I use my regular one.

I like the cinnamon sugar sticks with a wedge of Laughing Cow. Counts as one condiment.

One thing that has helped me is to split my meal. I use 3/4 of a Lean at dinner. That gives me 1/4 lean to eat as a mini meal. 3 oz Cottage Cheese with 1/2 tsp of Brown Sugar Splenda is one of my favorites.

Sometimes I eat 2 Greens and save one so that I can do 1/2 cup Buttercup Squash (20 cal 4.7 carb 0 fat) with 1/2 tsp of Brown Sugar Splenda (10 cal 2 carbs 0 fat) . See a pattern here. Did I mention I have a sweet tooth.
Phaedra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2019, 06:44 AM   #5  

I've never tried to waffle things. That's a good idea!

I know what you mean about the pancakes, Phaedra! hahaha
Old 01-06-2019, 10:35 AM   #6  

You need to waffle. Trust me it helps. A lot. This morning I had Cinnamon Cream Cheese Swirl Cake. I wasn't too impressed with it when I did it in the microwave. Its one of my favs waffled.

Its not much more work than microwaving. Get your iron hot. Spray with Pam etc. Mix up your fueling per the package. Usually 3 Tablespoons of water. Don't make too thin or it will ooze out. Plop in the iron and cook for 3 mins.

If you use the Dash mini iron you might need to do two waffles. I already had a small round 8" iron.
Old 01-06-2019, 11:11 AM   #7  

Thanks for the tip! I do have a small waffle iron hidden somewhere in the basement.

I'll dust it off and try it.
Old 01-09-2019, 09:54 PM   #8  

Well. Have you waffled yet. Inquiring minds want to know.
Old 01-10-2019, 05:41 AM   #9  

I haven't yet! Ha. I hadn't bought anything in my last order that would be good for waffling. I was going to try it on my next.
Old 08-19-2019, 02:43 PM   #10  

Well. Have you waffled yet? LOL
Old 08-19-2019, 03:11 PM   #11  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phaedra View Post
Well. Have you waffled yet? LOL
Muahahaha! Hi Phaedra! No, I never did. haha

I've just started transition.
Old 08-23-2019, 10:43 AM   #12  

Im in transition too. How are you doing in transition.

Got another so so coach. Must be me.
Old 08-23-2019, 11:29 AM   #13  

I get a bit miffed when some coaches don't put the effort in. They are guaranteed an income from our orders and should work for it.

Transition is going well, although based upon how slow my weight loss was I think I won't be able to add in many calories to my day.

How is yours going?
Old 08-23-2019, 04:48 PM   #14  

I do think that for some coaches it has become a business. I got a group email update from this coach that also went to 60+ other people. Probably forgot to BCC . That means she has 60+ clients and coaches under her. Wonder how long it will take her to notice Im not ordering.

So. Since I seem to be doing this transition dealie all on my own I decided I would do it all on my own. I quit ordering any new stuff. I eating mostly real food now.

As far as the transitioning goes I think Im doing okay. No coach guidance just stuff I read. I went on a little early at 172. My original goal was 170. My weight is staying in the 171's with an occasion 170 or 172.

Some of my old pants fit now. If I want to wear the unstretchy ones I will need to lose some more waist. Hence the 160.
Old 08-24-2019, 07:03 AM   #15  

That's great, Phaedra! It's probably a good time to transition as the products had another price jump and I don't know how they do it, but some of the product got smaller. Same number of calories and ect...but definitely smaller, or less volume in the packages.