Old 07-08-2018, 10:38 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 232/228/160

Height: 5'11"

Default Medifast Journey - 2018

Hi everyone-

Well, actually, I’m convinced that I’m the only one in this forum now based on prior activity. So maybe this will just be me tracking my own progress.

Background: I started Medifast in November 2016, and by November 2017 I had lost 67 lbs. Loved it, felt great.

But, then there was Thanksgiving...and Christmas. I mean, what’s a few weeks of cheating, right? Then, I didn’t want to be one of “those people” that restarted my diet after New Years. Then, there was a LOT of travel. About every 1-2 weeks, all over the world. Might as well just wait until after that next trip, or the next one, or the next one... In the meantime, I figured I might as well (binge) eat all the terrible (yummy) foods that I could since I was just about to start MF again. Got back into all the old habits that got me where I was when I started the first time. Just one more week so get it all in.

Well, those “next weeks” sure added up, and 7 months later I have gained a full 38 (OMG) lbs. I knew it was going to be a lot, but refused to step on a scale until today. Good grief. I seriously can’t believe I let this happen!

So here I am yet again. Not quite where I was in 2016–thank goodness—but far from my skinny me of last summer. I’m going to go back tonight to read all my own posts detailing my journey (and all the other amazing ladies I met on this board), and I’m going to start again tomorrow on Day 1 of my MF journey circa 2018. I’m hoping to hit my “goal” of where I left off in November 2017 by November 2018. Just calling it a very unfortunate detour, of which now I’m correcting course.

Is anyone out there going on this journey, too?

07/08/2018 - Day 0: 217 lbs.

Goal: 179 lbs by 11/30/2018

***EDIT: Reading through my old posts, I lost 26 lbs in 7 weeks.

Interim Goal: 191 lbs by 08/26/2018

Last edited by TWINCA; 07-08-2018 at 11:47 PM.
TWINCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2018, 11:00 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 232/228/160

Height: 5'11"

For my own personal benefit (or anyone else that cares), the prior threads are below:

Thread 1: https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/med...round-2-a.html

Thread 2: https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/med...1-2-redux.html

Thread 3: https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/med...ssion-1-a.html

Last edited by TWINCA; 07-08-2018 at 11:31 PM.
TWINCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2018, 12:21 AM   #3  
Jesus, I trust in You

Height: 5' 2"

TWINCA ~ Wonder of wonders! So nice to see you! I thought of you fondly as we Medifast journeyed not that long ago.
I, too, had encountered difficulties, but renewed my Medifast/Optavia program on June 5. I have lost 15.3 pounds and would like to lose between 13 and 18 more. I find it refreshing that there are so many more choices with the Optavia line...and the Premier program is a big money saver. I have a coach who is the daughter of a friend of mine...I told her I would call her if I needed her, but otherwise I know what I need to do...transition was my downfall the last time and I intend to get it right once I reach my goal.

I have read all the fantastic posts from OUR past boards - they are such a wealth of inspiration. Hopefully we can resurrect these boards with new and former members!!! I would love to hear how everyone is doing these days. If you're lurking, chime in, please!

I will be thinking of you as you restart...it will be smooth sailing before you know it...

I hope to hear from you this week.

Last edited by MorningGlory1950; 07-09-2018 at 12:37 AM.
MorningGlory1950 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2018, 10:46 AM   #4  

Good luck to both of you! I started Optavia in April. I have lost 23 pounds but have been struggling this month. Getting back full force as of today! I have 25 more pounds to lose to get to a healthy BMI.
Kristan33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2018, 11:31 AM   #5  
Jesus, I trust in You

Welcome Kristan33!
You have done beautifully! Now that we have found each other, it will make it that much easier!
One of the ways I have found are the optavia hacks...search youtube.

One of my favorites are the gingerbread waffles. They are fantastic! I bought the mini waffle maker by DASH for $10 on Amazon. ( I also saw them at Kohls for a couple dollars more.) They are perfect for our products.

"Mallorie in the Making" is another on youtube that has lost 75 pounds on Optavia and has a lot of tricks and delicious Lean and Green recipes.

TWINCA ~ Thinking of you on your first day back!!

Last edited by MorningGlory1950; 07-09-2018 at 09:12 PM.
Old 07-13-2018, 03:01 PM   #6  

S/C/G: [url=https://www.TickerFactory

Height: 5'3

Smile Well I'm here

Hi everyone, this is my tenth or so restart. I started out back in 2014-15 and got down 40 pounds to 157 and then took a week off at Christmas. or so I thought and it has been a battle and a gain ever since. I started Monday
July 9 where I left off before at 198 and would like to hit 125 one day. So 4 days in and I am down 5 pounds. I struggle with depression and chronic pain but I love this program. My first time I was official with the coach, home orders, etc but I felt like I was letting her down and that I wasn't doing the plan without resentment but I feel like now my head and heart are in the right place.

Last edited by Kayegurl; 07-13-2018 at 03:03 PM. Reason: lost some in the copy process
Kayegurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2018, 08:38 PM   #7  
Jesus, I trust in You

Kayegurl

I order my food in the Optavia Premier program, and use the coach in name only. I finally figured out that I am responsible for my own actions. It has greatly taken the pressure off. I have been strictly following the 5&1 program and loving it. I weigh in at different times of the week, whenever I "feel" lighter. I track it on the ITRACKBITES app.
It is so easy, and surprisingly good once you find the foods you really like. The Lean and Green is very flexible, too. I find if I go to lunch with my friends I order half the portion and eat a different protein and green later in evening to complete the Lean and Green. Thus I am eating 7 times a day!
This is not a boring program at all.

Good luck to you and chime in often!
Old 07-16-2018, 09:18 PM   #8  
Jesus, I trust in You

Just wondering how everyone is doing?? Please check in.
I am continuing to lose, albeit slowly...I am so satisfied with the food. I am taking it one day at a time.
No matter how long it takes, I am moving in the right direction.
Old 08-03-2018, 01:39 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 224.5/217.0/184

Height: 5'4

Just found this thread. I will be restarting Medifast next week. I followed the plan way back in 2004 and lost a lot of weight. I can't wait to get started.
ladyterp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2018, 10:30 PM   #10  
Jesus, I trust in You

Welcome, ladyterp!

Let us know how you are doing.There are so many new products since 2004... are you trying the Optavia products as well as the essential Medifast ones? There are also many hacks to both products, such as easy Gingerbread waffles. I have found so many on Pinterest.

I would love to hear how you are doing. Please post regularly!
Old 08-04-2018, 04:15 PM   #11  

Thank You for the welcome!! Looking forward to sharing my journey
Old 08-04-2018, 04:20 PM   #12  

I am doing the regular Medifast products. What are the differences between Medifast and Optavia products? When I was last with the program there was a company called Take Shape For Life. I am assuming Optavia replaced it...
Old 08-04-2018, 10:35 PM   #13  
Jesus, I trust in You

Yes Optavia did replace it. They have a new line of food that is free of certain additives which are in the regular products. Plus they have completely new flavors like Gingerbread, Cinnamon Swirl Cheesecake biscuit and many others. If you order directly from the optavia site, there is a reward program where you earn 10% in extra funds to use on the next order. It is called Premier Membership. The company assigns you a free coach which you can choose to use or not. Just google, all the details are there.
Old 10-08-2018, 07:49 AM   #14  

Good Morning.
Just started Optavia two weeks ago but had to stop for medical procedure (Colonscopy) back on track.
1day@atime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2018, 09:36 PM   #15  
Jesus, I trust in You

Welcome, Patty! Let me know how you are doing on Optavia. I hope good results from the colonoscopy.