Old 03-07-2016, 06:02 PM   #1  

Default New Here - Doing Modified Medifast (mainly lower carb)

Hi all!
This is my second time on Medifast. The first time I did it precisely as written and I lost 1.7 pounds a week. Then Life intervened. I was sole caregiver for our daughter from Friday at lunch to bedtime on Sunday. Daughter was on a deliberately fattening diet and it was too hard to make things for her meal after meal that I couldn't eat.

This time, I've modified it a bit. I weigh daily and I noticed in the previous time that I lost more weight when I chose the low-carb options all day. So, I substitute out some of the meals for other options and now I'm losing 4 pounds a week. What I've done different:
  1. I use the EAS low-carb shakes. I buy them at Sam's. Cost is a little over $1 each
  2. I bought a big jar of Now Whey Protein isolate. Sometimes a 1/4 cup scoop of that is a meal. or sometimes I divide a medifast meal in two and then add in the protein isolate to bring the protein count up. Cost of the Whey is less than $1 per meal. The whey is protein and practically nothing else. So, if you need to add 10g of protein to a meal, you add 10g of the Whey.
  3. I've never eaten many greens. I didn't get fat with my love of veggies. I figure whatever someone who eats veggies would have stored in their body, I don't. So, my morning meal is the chocolate AmazingGrass with chocolate Whey Protein isolate. That is totally awesome. Bonus is that it helps make you regular.
  4. I have RLS and I had real trouble getting enough potassium before. I really need that 3300 min RDA. A pill gives you 100. Medifast has nowhere near 3300. I got some potassium in a powder and I take that several times a day. I keep track of how much so I don't overdo.
susan4 is offline   Reply With Quote