3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Medifast (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/medifast-223/)
-   -   Intro (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/medifast/307169-intro.html)

twinklefairy94 11-18-2015 10:40 PM

Intro

Hi guys!

I've been in a slump lately and haven't been eating well and it's time for a change. I logged onto 3FC and was super inspired by this Medifast thread. I was on Ideal Protein for a long while about two years ago, and found great results, but gained it all back rather quickly. I was referred to IP by a couple family friends who also had the same effect after ditching the program.

I'm hoping Medifast is different in that aspect. I was just looking through the website, and was hoping you guys could help a newbie out. How much food do I need to order? Is the diet similar to IP, where I need a breakfast, lunch and snack packet? What's your average day like?

I couldn't find much other detail on the MF website, so hopefully you guys can help me out.

I'm a little excited-- not going to lie!

Richy37 11-19-2015 01:48 PM

Hi Twinklefairy. Congratulations on making the change!
I always have about 2 week supply of food so that way I have a variety. I have lost 82lbs and am very close to transition. I have been on for 7 1/2 months. This is how a typical day for me:
Wake up I drink 1 bottle of cold water with my probiotic and I take fiber capsules. I drink 1 more bottle of water before I get to work. Once I am at work I have a Medifast Cappuccino for my first meal. Lunch time I usually have the Ziti or the beef soup with a bottle of water, around 3pm I have a bar and a bottle of water. I eat a lean and green for dinner with a bottle of water around 5-6 and I have 2 meals left to eat before 10 when I go to bed. I do this method because I use to wake up at midnight starving.
I hope this helps and good luck

rosestara 11-19-2015 07:51 PM

Hi twinklefairy,

I am not on medifast now but I was on it a few years ago. I lost 80 pounds. I did gain it all back but it was over 2 years and it was because of an injury. I was injured and unable to work out and that caused me to become depressed and I ate badly. I would have maintained the weight if I had not been injured. I am now on wonderslim which tastes a lot better than medifast and it is cheaper. They are very, very similar but I do think medifast is a little easier than wonderslim because every single meal is interchangeable. This was my typical day on medifast.

meal 1 shake or bar or brownie
meal 2 bar
meal 3 lunch *lean and green meal* I ate my big meal for lunch which helped control my hunger for the whole day
meal 4 pasta or soup or chili or mashed potatoes
meal 5 shake or bar
meal 6 brownie or hot chocolate

everything is interchangeable except for the maintence bars so you can mix and match. The medifast website should actually have a lot of information available. They do have more support and information available than wonderslim does. I loved the support and the forum was very active although it looks really different now so perhaps that isn't still true. I did make sure to drink at least 8 glasses of water per day