3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Medifast (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/medifast-223/)
-   -   Intro...and Starting soon (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/medifast/306789-intro-starting-soon.html)

c8080 10-08-2015 07:13 PM

Intro...and Starting soon

Hi all!

I need to lose some weight after having two kids and being on bedrest. I used to be very fit and in shape (I did 1/2 marathons regularly). At my lowest, I was 140 and a size 6 (I'm 5'7"). I now find myself 220. EEK. It's a combination of rough pregnancies, age, and marrying a man who has to put work into not losing weight (seriously...he can't do cardio because he will lose too much weight...WTF is that about?). And, of course, making really bad diet choices for the past 5 years.

Anyway, my gym is doing a 6 week fall challenge...basically a competition to see who can lose the most body fat. I had my InBody scan this morning. It is telling me I need to lose about 64lbs of fat. Speaking of the gym, I finally joined about two months ago and average 30-40 minutes of cardio 4-5x/week.

Part of the challenge is they "sell" Medifast as the diet component. I know people who have had a lot of success on it, so I figured I might as well give it a try. I'm following the Medifast plan, but not using their food- I've bought stuff off of dietsdirect. For the shakes, I'll be drinking EAS AdvantEDGE shakes. They are almost exactly the same as the Medifast ones, and come to my desk through the magic of Amazon Prime :)

I won't be fully starting until my food arrives. I'm in Washington, which has the longest shipping times, so it will be at least mid-late next week before I have it. Until then, I'm going to try to eat my own stuff...EAS shakes, 1/2 Quest bars, maybe some HC Chicken and Rice soup, and my L&G for dinner.

Wow, this was long. I just wanted to say hi! I'd love to hear any tips. I just read that working out isn't recommended during the first few weeks...is that true? I don't really want to stop what I've already accomplished in terms of fitness.

ETA- While I loved being 140lbs, it's really not realistic now that I'm married with two small kids. I'm aiming for 150 as an ultimate goal. My first goal is 10lbs- when that happens, I am getting myself a pedi :)

lauralei143 11-21-2015 04:33 PM

I just started 3 weeks ago and am really loving medifast - down 19 lbs!

JeffsSweetBaby 11-23-2015 12:48 AM

Hi! I'm starting next week as food scheduled to arrive Saturday. Couldn't be better timing right? Get a thanksgiving last hurrah in and then actually LOSE during the holidays in December???? Good stuff!

Good luck starting and congrats on the success!!!

determinedtngirl 01-02-2016 05:32 AM

Hi c8080! Has your food arrived, have you begun dieting? I am starting (again) tomorrow morning. I did Medifast about 5 years ago very successfully. Lost 50 pounds with very little effort, I know it wont be easy this second time around. But I have to try.

Good luck getting started.And I look forward to jogging my memory in trying to recall the meals and helpful aids that kept me going before.

peace & love. happy dieting!

ginamay28 01-08-2016 02:15 PM

I don't think there are many of us around here. I'm back for my ... time. I guess we can call it my second time - because this time I am committed since apparently the others times I wasn't. Anyway - good to have someone here again.