New to Medifast... I have a few questions

• I am almost at week to the end of week two. Week one was great! Week two now a little slower(no loss for 4 days) but I am being patient. I started through TSFL and only got the Quick start guide. I have been reading the blogs and see a lot of people refer to the program guide. Is that it? So these are my questions.

1. Do I really need to count sugar free gum
    2. What about splenda and things like that
    3. What are the total grams of carbs I should be at
  • This group is really quiet... I hope it picks up at some point.
    1. Yes, you really do. On a diet like this one that is using a combination of ketosis, low cal, and low carb, even little things make a difference
    2. See above.
    3. I'm not sure - I haven't been using grams of carbs as a metric, but I remember reading it somewhere, so you might want to go back and review the getting started materials.

Hope that helps, at least a little.
  • You should be at 80 - 100 grams of carbs a day. Good luck, the program works if you stay ON PROGRAM !
  • I'm on day 4 of the MediFast plan; I'm an ovo lacto vegetarian for medical reasons, so my options on any plan are limited. Thought this plan would work as good as any, however, I am concerned about the packaged foods. So far I really don't like any of them - the food tastes horrible, everything is so salty. So I plan to live on their crunch bars and vanilla shakes - that's about all I can handle. Any suggestions for some mac n cheese other than MediFasts that would be acceptable to swap out? Thank you.
  • MediFast food is, too, salty for me, not to mention it does not taste good.
    Hello, I'm on day 4 of the MediFast plan; I'm an ovo lacto vegetarian for medical reasons, so my options on any plan are limited. Thought this plan would work as good as any, however, I am concerned about the packaged foods. So far I really don't like any of them - the food tastes horrible, everything is so salty. So I plan to live on their crunch bars and vanilla shakes - that's about all I can handle. Any suggestions for some mac n cheese other than MediFasts that would be acceptable to swap out? Thank you.

Quote: "I am almost at week to the end of week two. Week one was great! Week two now a little slower(no loss for 4 days) but I am being patient. I started through TSFL and only got the Quick start guide. I have been reading the blogs and see a lot of people refer to the program guide. Is that it? So these are my questions.

1. Do I really need to count sugar free gum
    2. What about splenda and things like that
    3. What are the total grams of carbs I should be at"
  • Ugh, mac n cheese.... I choked down every last package by saturating it with Frank's Hot Sauce. I didn't care what the approved amount was (a teaspoon?). Thankfully they are gone. I don't care for many of the non-sweet foods. The soups are OK, and that's about it. I haven't found a decent alternative to their mac n cheese.

I was told to stay under 100 grams of carbohydrates and get at least 80 or 90 grams of protein.

I think it's OK to use Splenda, Stevia and others (I prefer Xylitol) in moderation. I think they ask that you keep track of it because it's not entirely carb free. That being said, I have yet to track my sugar-free mints. However, if i were to stall, I'd look at those things. I don't use sweeteners much, but I like sucking on mints at work.
  • I had the same problem with lots of the food. I watched a number of youtube videos with different recipes, and one of the tips was to soak any of the dehyrated foods at least three hours. This tip was a godsend for me. I put my packet of cream of chicken soup with the water in a plastic container then cooked it today. Much better!