Starting back on Medifast after a several year break!

• Did Medifast before, even shared it with others, and lost almost 50 lbs. back in 2009 after child #1. Over the next 2 years, I gained it back after 2nd child and then while dealing with thyroid cancer in 2010-2011.

Now I've kicked thyroid cancer's butt and it's time to get myself to TRUE health! Started back on Medifast today. Stomach is growling a bit, but I'm determined. I had a big blood panel done a year ago when I started a metabolic weight loss and workout diet (which I didn't stick with long term, although it taught me some great things I intend to use this time). Anyway, during that blood panel I confirmed I'm at a higher risk for heart disease, I am pre-diabetic, I have slightly high cholesterol - and all of this at age 39! No more excuses - I have to DO THIS finally!

I'm the queen of 2-week or even 6-week diet programs -- tried quite a few things, and all of them worked when I did it, but I just didn't stick with it which is really annoying to me. In my job I'm successful and finish what I start. But as far as using self-control with food, I just can't stick with it. Something has to be different now.

I have a 3- and 5-year-old that I have to chase around, and just don't have the energy to do what I want to do with them. I'm embarrassed to go swimming with anyone I know, despite my husband and kids loving it.

Anyway, I share all this to make myself be honest with my current situation and hopefully to keep checking back here to stay encouraged. More to come!
  • Welcome! I started MF on 3/31/13 one pound heavier than you are starting and I'm down to 207.0 today! It definitely works if you can stick to it.