Old 09-04-2013, 01:42 AM   #1  
Getting Started Again!

S/C/G: 260/257/165

Height: 5'9"

Default Starting back on Medifast after a several year break!

Did Medifast before, even shared it with others, and lost almost 50 lbs. back in 2009 after child #1. Over the next 2 years, I gained it back after 2nd child and then while dealing with thyroid cancer in 2010-2011.

Now I've kicked thyroid cancer's butt and it's time to get myself to TRUE health! Started back on Medifast today. Stomach is growling a bit, but I'm determined. I had a big blood panel done a year ago when I started a metabolic weight loss and workout diet (which I didn't stick with long term, although it taught me some great things I intend to use this time). Anyway, during that blood panel I confirmed I'm at a higher risk for heart disease, I am pre-diabetic, I have slightly high cholesterol - and all of this at age 39! No more excuses - I have to DO THIS finally!

I'm the queen of 2-week or even 6-week diet programs -- tried quite a few things, and all of them worked when I did it, but I just didn't stick with it which is really annoying to me. In my job I'm successful and finish what I start. But as far as using self-control with food, I just can't stick with it. Something has to be different now.

I have a 3- and 5-year-old that I have to chase around, and just don't have the energy to do what I want to do with them. I'm embarrassed to go swimming with anyone I know, despite my husband and kids loving it.

Anyway, I share all this to make myself be honest with my current situation and hopefully to keep checking back here to stay encouraged. More to come!
momonamissionagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 09:10 PM   #2  
MF 3/31/13

S/C/G: 261/ticker/155 for now

Height: 5'2"

Welcome! I started MF on 3/31/13 one pound heavier than you are starting and I'm down to 207.0 today! It definitely works if you can stick to it.
SuperHeroTeacher is offline   Reply With Quote