Starting Medfast soon

• I everyone I have decided to start MediFast. I have been halfassing the Paleo diet for 2 years with nothing but weight gain. I have spoken with a MF counselor and will probably be ordering my meals today. I was going to get 4 packages of shakes and just mix up everything else to try out different things. I have read through several of the posts and it sounds like a lot of people hate the food. That is not what I was hoping to hear

Does anybody have any recommendations about how to split up the meals? I will be doing the 5/1 and will probably have my "1" at work for lunch most days. I was going to do a shake in the morning since I don't like eating early and drinking my meals works better for me. I am just wondering if I should just get more shakes and do that 2 or 3 times a day instead of trying to use the packaged food.. I'm overthinking this, aren't I
  • I've been on program for a month now and got my second's month order in on Monday. I ordered the starter pack originally and found that I didn't like the soups or the regular oatmeal.

I LOVE the shakes and do three a day. I also LOVE the bars but find the ones with chocolate or caramel make me crave sweets. I keep the fruit bar in my purse at all times so if I'm out at meal time I have something to eat. I also like the oatmeals (apple and maple) and have them 1 time a day.

My second ordered consisted of 12 boxes of shakes, 4 boxes of bars and 4 boxes of oatmeal. My next order will most likely be 16 boxes of shakes, 2 bars and 2 oatmeals.

I bought a small kitchenaid blender on amazon for 17.00 and took it to work to make shakes. I keep it at my desk, go to the small break room, make my shake and return the blender to my desk. It works amazing and for 17.00 great buy and allows me to have my shakes at work as well.

I have a girl I work with that uses the soups and loves them - she is not a shake person. It's all a matter of taste, maybe your coach could give you some samples. Mine did during my first month so I could figure out what I did and didn't like. You can also return things (need to have at least 6 in a box and it takes a bit). My coach made it easy for me; if I didn't like something she would exchange it with what she had and then she would use my returns as samples for others).

I can tell you that with the shakes and bars I can see where i will be able to stay on the program for a long while. Hope this helped.
  • Hi, I just started Medifast as well. I really do prefer the shakes. I drink one every morning. Then I have my lean and green at lunch. I prepare all my medifast meals ahead of them such as the pancakes, soft bakes, brownies, soups, and oatmeal! I really love the oatmeal and soft bake. So good! Next order I may just do all shakes. Haha
  • Hi bindiboop..My order is to get here on the 26th but will start on the 2nd..hubby is going on a 3 week trip so I thought that would be a perfect time to get started..I am also 5'2 at 172..will follow you and maybe we can help each other out
  • It is just a matter of personal taste...I do the eggs or shakes for my 1st meal usually. I prefer the bars (S'more, Chocolate Mint or Cinnamon Roll) and all of the shakes. Soups: only like Chicken Noodle. Occasional Brownie for a treat.

I, too, started with the variety starter pack. Now, just order those I like...and not bored yet.
  • I think it's good to try a variety and then next month just order what you like.

I generally have the cereal for breakfast every day. I have a hot cocoa most mornings also, and then a RTD shake or a Dark Chocolate shake, or a Cookie made into a shake. I like bars for convenience when I am busy or need to grab something quick. I am not much for savory options but I will have a chili, a soup, or a mac n cheese here and there. Brownies and puddings make good bedtime snacks.