3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Medifast (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/medifast-223/)
-   -   How much did you lose week 1? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/medifast/275459-how-much-did-you-lose-week-1-a.html)

crazycatlady33 02-10-2013 08:41 PM

How much did you lose week 1?

I am on my 3rd day of Medifast and I have lost 6.6 lbs. I know that is mostly water weight but its still neat. I was wondering how much other people lost in week 1 and how much do you average on the weeks after that?

SaraSweety 02-11-2013 11:20 AM

11lbs for me. congrats on the 6.6!!!

Veronicali 02-12-2013 11:42 AM

3 lbs for me :(
Good job!

FatinSTL 02-15-2013 09:06 AM

I lost 11 lbs the first week but I started at 337 lbs. My first month total came out to about 23 lbs. It really depends on how much you have to lose and how your body cooperates :-)

ANY loss is good! Keep up the good work :-)

crazycatlady33 02-16-2013 10:09 PM

I am down almost 15 on day 10. Not too shabby.

Twenty2Ten 02-16-2013 10:51 PM

I lost 7.4 pounds the first week. I started at 225 pounds.

PureKaos 02-22-2013 07:27 PM

At the end of week 1, I had lost 12 pounds. I was THRILLED. I'm now approaching end of week 2 (today's Friday, week 3 begins Sunday), and I haven't lost a single pound this week. I haven't cheated, strayed, or added ANYTHING to my meals - eating them straight from the boxes, and being crazy careful about my lean/green meals. I've even started to add in exercise.

I have noticed, however, that I have dropped a jeans size. That's not a whole lot when you're already as big as a whale, but it made me happy. I just have no idea if this happened last week or not, though, because I was too chicken to try on my older jeans until yesterday!!

Really hoping the weight loss kicks back up again...I can't stand feeling so uncomfortable in my own skin!

crazycatlady33 02-22-2013 11:52 PM

Kaos - I feel you on the no weight loss...I was cruising pretty good but then for 4 days I lost like .2 pounds or nothing. I was starting to get real frustrated then this morning I had a 1.4 pound loss. That brings me to 17.4 pounds. They say don't weigh yourself every day but you know what...its what gets me out of bed every morning and motivated to continue on the diet. When I lose, I am excited and happy to eat my medifast. When I don't lose, I am determined to do drink more water or eat exactly every 2 hours so I can lose the next day.

I LOLed at your big as a whale comment. I feel that way too. I too have noticed some changes...not in my pants so much, because I won't wear tight pants to begin with, but in my tshirts. My old navy mens XXL which I don't know how I'd survive without them lol, fit better now. My tummy does not poke out as much and I feel comfortable. I know from this point it will keep getting better....some days its harder to think that way but over all I know I FEEL better...and my clothes FIT better...so even when the scale does not show it I know this is working.

dweedledee 02-23-2013 09:50 PM

Started at 222, lost 7.6 pounds.

amyla 03-02-2013 11:45 AM

I lost 5 lbs by day 7 then I went up a couple of days- now I am day 10 and back to the original 5 lbs weight loss.

I do feel generally a lot less tired these days-I was eating a lot of 100 calorie packs and pizza before starting this. I guess what I was putting in my body was making me sluggish. Also, I think there is a certain energy you get when you are at least moving-weight wise-in the right direction.

I hope to lose another 14 lbs in the next 8 weeks-I have a special occasion coming-we'll see....then I will set my next 15 lb goal.

Scondy 03-02-2013 07:51 PM

I lost 6lbs my first week. I started mid December and I am down 40lbs now. I consisted of 2-5lbs per week. I've started losing a lot of body fat which makes me even happier!!!!

Madre 92 03-03-2013 11:40 AM

I'm doing Optifast not MF but lost 7 in two weeks. Do you do 5 of their products a day plus a healthy meal? Plus veggies? Just wondering about the differences in plans...
Thanks, Melissa

crazycatlady33 03-03-2013 02:01 PM

Yeah most medifast people use 5 medifast meals and 1 lean and green...I am doing 4 and 2 right now and so its 4 meals and 2 lean and greens.

I honestly can't wait to switch to 5 and 1 because the medifast meals are easier to stomach than the lean and greens. I have never been a big veggie lover...obviously. lol

cc183 03-27-2013 06:49 PM

Eight.

YvonneH 03-28-2013 09:58 AM

I lost 7 first week and 4 the next. I'm a slow loser typically and I can go for days without a pound dropping then all of a sudden - wham!! two to three pounds and then again nothing for days. I'm on a 4 day no loss cycle right now so I'm hoping when this cycle breaks I'll see another 2 - 3 pounds gone. I'm not discouraged - I'm still very happy and am moving into month 2 with a big ole smile on my face.

Teaa 03-29-2013 11:16 PM

I have only lost 4 lbs on the first week. My second week is coming up, I have a feeling I may not lose a lb since I've been working out so much... When I'm at the gym, I over do it without noticing - then I feel all the soreness 2 days later. So I have a feeling I won't be losing anything this week.

SuperHeroTeacher 04-08-2013 12:26 AM

My "official" MF center scale said I lost 6.1 pounds week 1. I prefer my at-home, as soon as I wake up numbers, which say I lost 7.6 :carrot:

Lights 04-24-2013 09:38 AM

I lost 9lbs the first week... and another 3 this second week! I'm so excited... I actually prefer this over Ideal Protein.... the foods better.

Congrats on the losses everyone! :)

angry 04-24-2013 01:14 PM

I lost 17 week one but I started at 331. I was ecstatic. Today was the end of week two and I have lost 2 pounds all week and I want to cry. I know any loss is a good loss but I am devastated that I have done something terribly wrong to upset my wonderful progress. The other thing I am worried about is because I weigh myself everyday (like Im not supposed to) I know that in the week leading up to week two I have been fluctuating between 312 and 314 so it seems like I keep gaining and losing the same two lbs? Im hoping to see something impressive at the end of one month.

SuperHeroTeacher 04-25-2013 01:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by angry (Post 4717914)
I lost 17 week one but I started at 331. I was ecstatic. Today was the end of week two and I have lost 2 pounds all week and I want to cry. I know any loss is a good loss but I am devastated that I have done something terribly wrong to upset my wonderful progress. The other thing I am worried about is because I weigh myself everyday (like Im not supposed to) I know that in the week leading up to week two I have been fluctuating between 312 and 314 so it seems like I keep gaining and losing the same two lbs? Im hoping to see something impressive at the end of one month.

The initial 17 pounds was mostly water weight and you won't be able to replicate that again. 1-2 pounds per week s average on MF, you should not feel bad about a 2 pound loss. A loss is a loss - it's all good. I know it's cliche, but the weight didn't come on overnight, and it won't come off overnight either. Hang in there, you ARE doing great!!!

Andi24 04-25-2013 10:18 AM

Today is one week for me! Started at 172, and today I'm 163.4 so almost 9 pounds!! I'm prepared to start losing less now, but it's amazing to see a 9 pound difference in a week!

Nimblegranny 05-14-2013 03:53 PM

Very happy after week one

I lost 9 lbs. the first week. It's day 11 and I'm holding at 9 but I'm very happy. Looking for that first 10. Plan to take it 10 at a time and celebrate every one!

Kiker5490 04-22-2014 09:52 PM

8 lbs in the first two weeks. (and I did not stick to the plan as I should have. )

Kingofkingz360 04-27-2014 08:27 PM

I lost 14lbs my first week and 25lbs for my 28 day challenge.

becksdog 04-29-2014 09:06 AM

7 lbs my first week.

cspalds 06-09-2014 03:45 PM

4.9 pounds- I am thrilled, as I don't have too much to lose. But I stuck to the plan fanatically, so I just have to keep on track. Glad to have this forum to bounce thoughts and ideas off of others on this journey.
Question: I had the mashed potatoes for the first time today, good flavor, but mine were a little dried out. I added more hot water, and they were a little lumpy. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Tubegeek 06-09-2014 07:09 PM

I lost 5 lbs 1st week; 1.9 lbs the second. It's a marathon not a sprint :) I think that is better than I have ever had!!!

ike7101 05-15-2015 03:38 PM

I add almost 3/4 cup of the water to my potatos and they are never lumpy. they are actually pretty fluffy and much larger portion than if i add just 1/2 cup water. you can play with it. Also, you can probably nuke it less time if you are getting them dried out.

CruiseChick 05-16-2015 05:18 PM

I lost 9# during Week 1 and 6# during Week 2. I'm enjoying the ride for Optimal Health and losing this weight.:carrot::carrot::carrot:

Monkeysocks 06-19-2015 11:38 AM

Almost done with the first week, and down 5. I was down a bit over four the second day so I know much of that was water - but it help my pants button so I will take it!

helou 06-20-2015 11:47 AM

Don't weigh every day!

I'm a big proponent of weighing weekly instead of daily. Especially if you are following the program and not cheating, you'll lose weight. There are so many variables on a day to day basis. If I weigh myself every day I get so discouraged if I don't lose or gain, even if, rationally, I know that just an extra 16 ounces (typical sports bottle) weighs a pound - if you swallowed it, it'll show up on the scale.

MF is probably less than than 1,000 calories a day - of course it'll work. As others have said, don't focus on the day to day. A month from now you'll look and feel so much better. And you know how fast a month goes by when you have to pay bills and it feels like you just paid them. :o

Monkeysocks 06-20-2015 01:51 PM

Official weigh in day, and it's 6 lbs.

I hear you about weighing daily, and I don't do that, but I will weigh a few times a week. I know for me I needed that big boost from the water loss on the second day, my rings were loose so I knew it would be good. It helped me get through the hunger and headache until the program kicks in on day 3 or so and you start feeling better.

We all have to find what works.

helou 06-23-2015 06:46 PM

Six pounds is really excellent. Good for you.

I've read some tips on this board, and so I've gotten better at preparing the foods, and that helps. For instance, with the ziti marinara, I mix it up and let it reconstitute for a while (20 minutes to half an hour) before I microwave it.

Also, Instead of 2 1/2 minutes at full power, I do 3 1/2 minutes on 5(half power). Same with the second heating, 4 minutes, not 3 on half power. It tastes much more "real" to me, and without that high power I don't get that effect where it seems like it's about to boil over in the microwave.

The result is much tastier, and I think I don't lose as much product that dries onto the sides.

With the bars, they really are pretty small. Somehow if I drink water as I'm eating them - like when you eat regular food, a couple of bites, and a sip of drink - the bar seems to last longer and feels more like a meal.

Good luck to all of us!

CruiseChick 06-25-2015 02:50 PM

I lost 9 lbs. the first week and 6 lbs. the second week. I just can't seem to get past the 20 lbs. to the 30 lbs.

Elstyle 06-30-2015 04:01 PM

Here I am back again! I am on my first week. Will check in with my loss. I already feel better!

Elstyle 07-06-2015 08:29 PM

Week 1: 9 pounds lost...woo hop! I know that is mostly water, but it is encouraging especially since I had a couple off days. Whew! I will try harder this week.

http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar-st...b/30/0/21/.png

JCSCANDY247 07-18-2015 12:03 AM

4lbs lost :(

Elstyle 07-20-2015 05:08 PM

Considering that I had a bad weekend, I still lost 2 pounds this week. I am grateful just to not be gaining! So it is all good... I will do better this week!