Old 12-24-2012, 04:17 PM   #1  

Default New, looking for buddies!

Hello friends,
I attended a holiday party in my neighborhood last week. Three of the folks there (two medical providers and a nurse) told me about how much weight they lost using Medifast and how happy they were with the program. I'm kind of sold considering these are people I trust.

I'm not really overweight, but at 150lbs and 5'6" I'm nearly at a BMI of 25. I would like to drop 15lbs.

After looking online at the website I decided I'd give Medifast a try and have just ordered 2 weeks of meals...

I'm hoping to start around New Years, anybody else starting soon?

Brandi
Brandieelynne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 06:06 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 234/183/155

Height: 5'6.75

Congratulations on starting your journey on Medifast! I'm 5'6.75 and looking for a goal weight of 155/160 wow you need to lose 15lbs??? i'm pear shaped, well not so much anymore, but my weight is in my legs anyhow. I'm not starting, I actually just ended my journey yesterday and I am not doing my own weight loss plan for these last pounds. It definitely does work and if you need support and do not have a coach MF has a support group on FB, just check it out. and go to mymedifast . com they have a community there all about MF with thousands of active users.
aliciab307 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 03:05 AM   #3  

Thanks Alicia for the reply and support! Today was my Day #1. Never tried MF before so this is all brand new. My 5 meals were: Mocha antioxidant shake, cheese puffs (x2), mac & cheese, cherry/pomegranate shake. The mac&cheese was my least favorite, it cooked up funny. Everything else was good enough. Lean & Green was lamb and broccoli flavored with curry powder.

I felt hungry many times throughout the day but I stuck to the plan and ate every 3 hrs or so. I drank plenty of water, added a Via packet to my mocha shake, and started day 1 of P90x.

I am combining a few new years resolutions: lose weight, exercise more, cut waaay back on wine and coffee. Day 1= success!
Old 01-05-2013, 08:04 AM   #4  

Hey Brandi!
I'm new too-started on Jan 2! Cutting way back on wine is a huge resolution for me too!!! I looove my wine. Ugh! But I'm at day 4 with none! And I've stayed completely on plan so far. I'm not planning on having wine until Jan 12 when we have a wedding to go to. Wish me luck!!
mrsfecura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 12:58 AM   #5  

Yay! Good job on making it to day 4! So far so good for me too. I've stayed on plan but added in a starbucks instant coffee mixed with coconut milk. Which MF meals are you eating/liking?

I felt like i looked slimmer this morning but haven't stepped on a scale yet
Old 01-06-2013, 01:03 AM   #6  

Height: 5'8.5"

Misti in Seattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 11:12 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 159/158/135

Height: 5' 6.5"

Brandi - how are you doing with your reduced wine consumption. I too am a newbie but I'm really struggling with the no wine part. Lots of dinners and social events where fabulous wines are being served makes it hard.
PS...I'm 5'7" and want to lose 15-20 lbs. also
Gkm130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 12:58 PM   #8  

Thanks Misti!
So far so good with the wine, I've eliminated it completely so far. I miss it though- I have already followed a low-carb diet for years, so I always looked forward to wine to satisfy my "sweets" craving. I have been replacing it with the mocha shake and/or hot licorice tea after dinner. Feeling slimmer again today- I might be brave enough to step on the scale

I updated my automatic order today to add the brownie which everyone seems to love! Can't wait to try them!
Old 01-07-2013, 05:34 PM   #9  

Hello!
Today is day#6 for me, and I have to say that I'm having great results! Yesterday I was down to 140.4 and today 139.8. That's 10lbs in 6 days. I can't even believe it!

No alcohol or cheats since starting, although I REALLY want some wine and dark chocolate Maybe I'll treat myself to a glass of wine in a few days, we'll see!
Old 01-08-2013, 10:38 PM   #10  

Brandi

So impressed with your commitment. I am down about 7 lbs in 2 weeks but have cheated with wine on 4 occasions. I know it is slowing my weight loss, but feel like it is a more long term solution for me. Way to go you!!!
Old 01-09-2013, 12:17 PM   #11  

Ok! So I decided I would celebrate a successful completion of week 1 last night by having a glass of wine and some good dark chocolate. I'm regretting that decision right now as I feel like crap from the wine (maybe it was a big glass of wine Anyway, I'll weigh in maybe in 2 days and see what, if any damage there was. Maybe I can allow a smaller glass of wine once a week, I'll decide after I judge my progress in another 7 days!! In the meantime I'm chugging the water and just took an excedrin for my headache.
Old 01-09-2013, 12:21 PM   #12  

By the way- GKM130- I think your 7lbs is great, especially for those who don't have a lot to loose! Last time I committed to a diet (Atkins) the first 10lbs were easy but the last 5lbs took months...
Old 01-09-2013, 09:24 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 268/ 264 /200

Height: 6'0"

Hello everyone, I started Medifast Nov 6th, I lost 19 pounds by Thanksgiving, went off plan between that day and Christmas, gained 6 pounds back . I started back OP 2 days ago, will see how the scale moves next Tuesday to see how I am doing.
Harleywoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 09:02 AM   #14  

Brandi - you are absolutely right. The first few pounds came off easily even with the cheating. Now I seem to be stuck. Making mini goals. No wine for 1 week. I would make it longer but going on a girls trip in a week and although I can and will stick to my meal plan I know it is unrealistic to say 'no wine'. Will have to get serious after the trip to be ready for spring break.
Old 01-16-2013, 08:54 PM   #15  

Hello all, I am new too...just started MF on Monday. I have been a weight watcher member for 18 years. I don't have a ton of weight to loose...10-15 lbs....but as we all know those last 10 lbs can take as long as 30 or 40. I started MF because I was out of control with my eating, I was underestimating the points value for everything and was going over my point allotments. My husband lost 60 lbs 2 years ago on MF (he since has gained 40lb back slowly), but I saw how successful he was and was inspired. He just started back up again on Monday (he's already down 8 lbs). I am lactose intolerant, so many of the MF products contain milk and are hard to digest for me, but I am committed to making this work.
Ready2lighten is offline   Reply With Quote