Old 06-26-2012, 04:05 PM   #1  

Unhappy 1st week of Medifast Weigh-In

This is my first time posting! I have now been on Medifast for 1 week. I began the program last Wednesday and weighed in today. For whatever reason I made a turn into the Medifast parking lot last week. I figure desperation got me through the front door At any rate I received the free impromptu consultation, was quoted the price Yikes? Then proceeded to leave and "think about it". On my way out I met a girl in the bathroom holding blue MF H2O bottle and I asked her what she thought. She was on top of the world after completing her first week and said "I lost 10 lbs!". I went to the car....double checked my savings account and marched back in there figuring I was worth it...I want to lose 10 lbs by next week.
I just got back from my weigh in which I was holding my breath for and what do you know.... freaking 3 lbs.
I don't get it. I'm trying not to be discuraged. Heck, 3 lbs gone is better than 3 lbs gained, right? But after a week of feeling like I'm pretty darned deprived, I guess I figured I was going to lose more than 10. Hummmmphhhh...what gives?
I mentioned to the "counselor" how I was so jazzed last week after hearing about the other clients success of losing 10 lbs...and only 3? Her sweet, yet totally obnoxious & unhelpful response was..."oh, she probably had a much higher metabolism than you do"... Thanks
I know everyone is different. Can anybody else relate?
LoloLane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 05:14 PM   #2  

I bet it'll get easier and weight loss should pick-up, too.
HealthyHanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 08:39 PM   #3  
Shrinking Chick

S/C/G: 288/ticker/160

Height: 5'8"

FWIW, 10 pounds is a ridiculously amazing amount of weight to lose the first week. I started at 288.5, and only lost 4.5 pounds the first week. The most 1st week loss my coach knows of is 6 pounds, and that was a 300+ pound man.

3 pounds is great! When have you ever lost that much healthily in just 1 week?

Don't get discouraged - week 2 is bound to be good, too! And the loss just keeps going!
Riddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 09:53 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 201/ticker/131

Height: 5'2"

I lost 6.5 the first week and 3.5 the second. It has been about 2 per week since then... I don't think 10 is anywhere near normal. But let me tell you - I've been doing it just over a month and I'm at 17.5 pounds already. 2 lb per week adds up fast and it absolutely WILL happen if you stay on plan.

Please don't worry about any specific week... the whole reason I started was watching what happened to my ex-bf on Medifast. He kept saying he was losing weight, and the numbers sounded impressive but he didn't look that different. Then suddenly, around the 3 month mark, he started shrinking dramatically; no, it was SERIOUSLY dramatic - walking into a restaurant looking for him, I did not see him because he didn't look like the same person! And I knew what his lean & green meals were like, because he was cooking them for me, and I thought I could handle that.

I sometimes feel deprivation when people are eating pasta, but there's almost always something legal I can eat if I'm out with people. When I'm in, I don't mind the packaged food at all.

Make sure you drink tons and tons of water - I always lose better when I drink plenty.

Congrats on your loss - it's something to be proud of!

Amy
amyaimeee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 02:39 PM   #5  

Thank you everyone! You are so much help & I really appreciate it.
I am typically a positive person, yet was soooo discouraged.
It helped to hear what you said about your brother Amy... I go to put on a pair of shorts this morning...hoping I could sit comfortably in them again .... & NOT!! I could only think about what you said Amy...and like your brother...I will start shrinking too. Before you know it these darned shorts will land on the ground. For now, I'll have to continue to be uncomfortable. Thank God for sweet BF's who asked if I'm wearing my maternity shirt this morning.
I'm determined to make this work. I also think that after last week I would like a different counselor at MF. We just didn't click. The first week I had to demand she take my "before" picture, and this week when I asked who would be measuring me, she said, "we will get your measurements next week...you won't be losing any inches until week 3 anyways" ....although that may explain my painted on shorts today... a little bit of encouragement (even if a centimeter) would go a long way for my noggin' upstairs!
Thanks for listening/reading....seriously first time writing in this type of forum, but it seriously helps
Old 06-29-2012, 04:59 PM   #6  

Sunday will be 8 weeks for me and as of today Im down 15 pounds. Its been slow but steady. The first week I lost 4 and its been slightly under 2 lb per week since. I thought itd fall off faster too, so its been a little discouraging. But at 503 , I started at 161 lb, so maybe dont have necessarily as much to lose-- I would still like to lose 10-15 if possible. I try and stick OP as much as possible, I track on Spark People. I tried to not weigh myself often, but couldnt, so Im ok with weighing every day. Thats just me.

I am nervous about transition and maintenance tho!
aviva5675 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 07:11 PM   #7  
smiling

S/C/G: 168/140

Height: 5'2''

3 pounds in a week is very good for any type of program. I would feel just like you after hearing her talk about 10 pounds. Keep it up!
freckled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 11:15 AM   #8  

LL,

Please try not to be discouraged. This is my second time around on MF. My first I lost 13.5 lbs. in the first week. Crazy I know. My thoughts on it now is, I must have had a lot of stored up junk for my system to purge that much weight in just one week. Yesterday started my second go around. Three pounds sounds sounds like "real" pounds and not just CR**! Be pround of yourself for your accomplishment.
Juniper Berries is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 02:05 AM   #9  

Smile

Hi all!
I guess this medifast weight loss adventure (MFWLA) is somehow teaching me patience. Week 1...3lbs week 2....3lbs week 3...... 0.9 lbs. I feel like the staff at the center are actually talking amoungst themselves as I leave. My nutrition counselor seems baffled as to why the weight loss is so slow to reeleeasse from my body!!! I was told we'd do the body scan next week to see where we are.
I'll be the first to admit last week I wasn't perfect (see planned alcohol cheats).
I'm really trying and I hope thus week reflects more on the scale. Maybe my bod just wants to hang onto this at first and with time will give it wiklup and turn it loose!!!!
Thanks for your encouragement!!
Old 07-20-2012, 11:06 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 161/152/140

Height: 5'3

I justed started MF this Monday, and had a hard day 1 and day 2. I am a big veggie and fruit eater, and hard to accept the no fruit diet. Lost 4 pouns so far on day 5.
I started at 161 lbs, and my goal is 140 lbs for right now. My normal should be 115-140 for my height, but i don't remember what i weight 115 since I am a muscular type body.

Last edited by CHER1123; 07-20-2012 at 11:08 AM.
CHER1123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 12:20 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 189.4/173.8/150

Height: 6'

Are you drinking enough water!! When I was on medifast, I wasnt losing. Then i picked up my water intake and it slowly but surely came off, (but i didnt really last on the program for more than a month, couldnt afford it)
KatieBug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 02:38 PM   #12  

Slow and steady wins the race. Tomorrow is 11 weeks for me and I hit 20 lb today Another 10 or so to go. For me its been slow as well, 4 the first week and barely 2 the remaining weeks, but I try and remain positive. Youre doing great!
aviva5675 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 10:10 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 298/293/160

Height: 5'8"

I started MF this week as well. Just keep a positive outlook. We have a long road in front of us and need to remain positive. EVERYONE is different. I had a Total Knee Replacement 2 years ago and I learned that you cannot compare your progress. Keep up the good work.
suntantoes is offline   Reply With Quote