3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Medifast (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/medifast-223/)
-   -   New (kinda) to Medifast ~~waving HI~~ (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/medifast/261518-new-kinda-medifast-%7E%7Ewaving-hi%7E%7E.html)

melNco 06-22-2012 04:09 PM

New (kinda) to Medifast ~~waving HI~~

HIya,

My name is Mel and I have been on just about every diet known to mankind. I actually started Medifast (when it was all liquids) about 17 years ago but do to a family crisis I had no way to continue on it (so I was only on it a week or so) ...so today after being he heaviest in my lifetime and having knee issues.. I decided to try out the new Medifast program /Take Shape For Life (with food products). I have my mind set to try really hard and start to exercise this time.. I really do want things to be different. I NEED my body to feel different... better.. ya know?

Anyways... I wanted to introduce myself and I look forward to posting here with yall :comp:

Riddy 06-24-2012 09:42 PM

Hi melNco -

:welcome3:

You can do it!

Don't worry about exercise just yet - they tell you to wait at least a couple weeks before you start. You want to give your body a chance to adapt to the very low calorie level.

I have 2 bad knees, too - ACL repair in 1, chondromalacia in the other. They started feeling much better after just 25 pounds. Now I've just started couch to 5K. I NEVER thought I'd be able to try running!

Good luck to you!

amyaimeee 06-25-2012 11:29 AM

Hi melNco,

I'm relatively new, too, and have been on many diets in the past. This one has amazed me because of how fast it works, and how little hunger I feel. Just take it a day at a time and celebrate small victories - you can do it!

Amy

xirene 06-25-2012 11:29 AM

I'm still (sort of) new to MF, having started back at the end of February. I've been very happy with the results!

Good luck and can't wait to hear how you're doing! :carrot:

melNco 07-05-2012 05:15 PM

1/2 way through the 1st day and doing ok. I am still alive.. go figure :)

not sure if i can choke down the strawberry shakes anymore though.. ack

Riddy 07-05-2012 10:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by melNco (Post 4395171)
not sure if i can choke down the strawberry shakes anymore though.. ack

Try adding cocoa powder or lemon extract - cocoa powder helps or transforms most any sweet food.

You can do it!

freckled 07-07-2012 06:59 PM

Hi Mel, I just started too. How is everything going for you?

melNco 07-09-2012 04:44 PM

spiced pancakes are my fav so far. i tried the cakebake and it's doable. cant stand the bites!

i am loving all the veggies I am eating :)

i am feeling well and am NOT stepping on the scale until Thursday :)

how are yall doing?