3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Medifast (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/medifast-223/)
-   -   Help!!!! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/medifast/259299-help.html)

LaRee mother of 3 05-18-2012 09:51 AM

Help!!!!

:?:My first day was not to bad but what a headache I have....hoping this goes away soon! I am drinking some tea this morning so maybe that will help.

As for the food. I LOVE the chocolate chip pancakes. These are super yummy! I also like the Dutch chocolate shakes. I detested the sloppy joes! Does anyone have the same feeling about this sloppy joe meal? If so...how did you make it better? I am trying the chicken veg. soup today and I am hoping this goes much better than the s. joes. I also did not care for the cinnamon pretzels either. The envelope for the b. b. oatmeal is staring me down as well today.

My concern is that I am not going to like much of the food. I am sure you can't live on just the pancakes and shakes. I don't even care for the bars that much. Is this how anyone else felt in the beginning and did it get better? Please give me some advice. I really want this to work. I am not hungry at all so that is a plus but I am concerned about the food.

LaRee mother of 3 05-18-2012 02:24 PM

I am eating the chicken and rice for lunch. I like this....I must admit that I added a bit of garlic powder and about a 1/2 teaspoon of chicken granules this morning. I was in a rush but I think this was ok to do.

sgorny 05-18-2012 02:37 PM

If you just find a few things you like, you can live off them. You are supplementing for nutrition, anyway, and the packets just give you the protein. You don't *have* to eat a variety, especially if you don't like them!

I mostly used the Cappuccino, Tomato & Basil Soup, and Strawberry pudding, with Vegetable Chili when I wanted to treat myself. Make sure to make the Chili on the stove - it cooks down to a nice thick rich chili, unlike when you make it in the micro.

Make sure you eat what you like - if you are having to eat unappetizing meals, it will make sticking to the diet that much harder. Although the fast weight loss is always an encouragement!

keep strong!

Edited to add: Ooops! I just realized you are in the Medifast group, and I'm in Ideal Protein. Sorry! Although I bet the same holds true for Medifast. Ask your clinician.

aviva5675 05-19-2012 06:23 AM

I didnt like the chicken/rice soup at first, but then started cooking it and letting it set a few hours, then reheating. I also put some cilantro in it and that helped. I do the beef stew the same way and thats good. Tried chicken noodle soup yesterday same way, wasnt crunchy but not sure I liked the taste. STill cant stand the eggs. Like the shakes, bars, pretzels,pudding. I make cookies with the brownie / bar combo or soft bake/ bar combo.