3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Medifast (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/medifast-223/)
-   -   new here:) (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/medifast/252647-new-here.html)

medifaker 02-10-2012 03:27 PM

new here:)

hi everyone,

i have been battling with my weight since i was 8 years old. i am now 35. i am 5'1" and weigh 199. i started dieting when i was 12 i went on a 1000 cal/day diet. since then i have tried: the beverly hills diet, the zone, weight watchers, gillian michaels metabolism (whatever it is called), 6 week body makeover, 4 hour body, atkins, and im sure more that im not remembering at the moment. the only times i have ever been able to lose weight was when i was smoking cigarettes for some reason... in 04 (not smoking) after i gave birth to my second child i was at my highest weight so i went on the 6 week body makeover which was the first time in my life i have ever tried soy. i didnt drop a single pound on it. then i developed a goiter on my thyroid, which i completely beleive had to do with the soy, no iodine in my diet (the diet restricted salt) and just giving birth...so i had to have half of my thyroid removed in 06 and am on armour thyroid meds.

when my mom got cancer in 08, 4 years ago, i was happy with my weight at 160 but i was smoking. i made a promise to my mom on her death bed that i would quit smoking for good. i quit smoking and almost overnight balooned up to 205. i dont know why, i really dont think i changed my diet... , so i am proud of myself 4 years later being able to refer to myself still as a non-smoker. but i am very ashamed of my body now...

since 08 i have felt very helpless to lose weight. it seems like no matter how hard i try or how strict i am, i just cant seem to drop a pound. my doc put me on a "clean" organic, low carb, sensible diet and exercise. i was exercising 3 hrs per week and ate no sugar, bread, rice, potatoes, or anything "white", ate about 1400 cal/day, drank ALOT of water, took ALOT of vitamins, and although i felt great, still didnt lose anything. i have spent years getting my thyroid meds just right, so i know it is not that...

anyways, i recently heard of the hcg diet and asked my doc about it. she said she would not recomend it because it is only 500 cal/day and not medically tested but her sister has had great success with medifast, so i began researching it.

at first the cost shocked me a little, but when i figured out how much i have spent on weight loss, plus how much i spend on all of these organic health foods now, i actually figured it almost evened out... so i was just about to sign up when i discovered it has alot of soy. i am very opposed to soy, i refuse to try it... so i found this wonderful forum where alot of people like me talk about doing a "medifake" diet, where u can buy your own food as long as it is comparable in cal, fat, carb and fiber. so that is what i have decided to do (hence the name medifaker:)

my question is, can someone please tell me how many calories, carbs, fiber and protein i should eat per day? i already know the values for the "5":
60-100 cal
.5-2 g fat
9-15 g carb
4 g fiber

(right?):(

i remember seeing the daily recomendations somewhere but now i cannot find that thread:?:

thank you so much:hug:

JayEll 02-10-2012 07:34 PM

The total calorie amount ranges from 800 to 1200.

About 500-600 of those come from the Lean & Green meal.

Your numbers are off for the 5 Medifast meals. The calorie range should be 90-110 per meal. Fat grams should not be over 3 g. Carbs and Protein should be about equal, at 12 to 15 grams each. 4 grams fiber is correct.

You might find this thread helpful:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/medi...t-profile.html

Why are you opposed to soy? Just curious. Oh, wait--you said because of thyroid problems.

Did your doc actually OK you to do Medifast? Given your history, it might be good to make sure.

Jay

Riddy 02-10-2012 08:40 PM

If you're going to do a DIY Medifast, Jay is the queen of whole food substitutions. There are tons in the thread she posted a link to. If you want to try actual Medifast, there are several products that are soy free, but the selection is much more limited.
Here is a chart - http://www.medifastmedia.com/shared/...uct_claims.pdf

The first column shows how much soy, if any is in each product.

medifaker 02-11-2012 12:48 AM

thank you so much for the info! im glad you caught my mistake, i was counting the snacks when i came up with my numbers... so, let me know if htis seems pretty accurate for a daily rule:
fiber atleast 20 gm
fat under 35 gm (that includes about 20 gm from lean & green)
protein 60-90 gm
carb 80-100 gm
cal 800-1200

my doctor is the one who recomended the medifast diet but i havnt mentioned trying to medifake it... once i confimr these values with you i will pass the info on to her about what i am doing to make sure it is ok:)

thnx again!!

JayEll 02-11-2012 06:44 AM

Just one more thing: You'll need to take a vitamin supplement and probably a calcium/magnesium supplement. The Medifast foods are supplemented, but whole foods are not--and below 1200 calories, one can't get enough vitamins from whole foods. Probably a once-daily type vitamin is sufficient.

Jay

medifaker 02-11-2012 03:01 PM

i just ordered a good multivitamin last night from amazon. i will make sure it includes calcium and magnesium...

so can nayone tell me if these values seem accurate?:
fiber atleast 20 gm
fat under 35 gm (that includes about 20 gm from lean & green)
protein 60-90 gm
carb 80-100 gm
cal 800-1200

thank u:)