Old 09-26-2011, 02:59 PM   #1  

Default Headache on first day

So I officially started MF today. I started out the day with a glass of water and then had oatmeal at 7:30 and a bar at 10:00. Sometime in the morning I developed a headache and it has stuck around all day (so far) despite taking Advil.

I knew that many people get headaches when they first start MF but I didn't expect it to start within the first few hours. Anyone else get a headache that fast?

I'm stuck at work so didn't have access to boulion or pickles, which I've heard can help with the headaches. I did have a diet Dr. Pepper between my breakfast and mid-morning meal - which is the norm for me.

On the bright side, the food so far has been better than expected (although I was expecting the worse). I'm not starving (but do want to eat, out of habit). I'm saving my L&G for dinner but really think I'll probably be moving all or it or some of it to lunch, in the future.

Thanks for letting me ramble.
Maurene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 06:20 PM   #2  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

Hey! Yes, headache isn't uncommon as your body adjusts to less sugar/carbs. You will feel better in the next two-three days or so.

Dividing the Lean & Green is a good strategy, and it allows you to eat 7 times a day instead of 6 (5 Medifast meals and the split Lean & Greens).

Hang in there! Stay with it!

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 09:52 PM   #3  
Shrinking Chick

S/C/G: 288/ticker/160

Height: 5'8"

Yes, the headache should get better. Try to bring some pickles to work with you, and push the water. More water is almost always the answer, no matter what the question is.
Riddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 08:31 AM   #4  

Thanks! Later in the day after taken a second dose of Advil, the headache got better. I woke up this morning without one...so I'll keep my fingers crossed. I'm ready to take on day 2. I made some tuna salad last night and brought about 1/3 of it with me to work to have for lunch.
Maurene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 05:08 PM   #5  

Yep, I was the same way. I'm on Day 11 so just started fairly recently myself and I remember Day 1 and I had a headache too but mine just came later in the day around late afternoon/early evening. Fortunately, that's the only day that happened. The rest of my initial first 3 days was fine so that was good.
EvilPink is offline   Reply With Quote