3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Medifast (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/medifast-223/)
-   -   Peanut Butter!!!! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/medifast/243522-peanut-butter.html)

Riddy 09-20-2011 11:11 PM

Peanut Butter!!!!

Hey MF chicks,
Am I the only one who has become completely OBSESSED with peanut butter? I mean, I liked it before, but now it's the one optional snack I dream about! :drool::drool::drool: I look forward to a MF brownie topped with peanut butter as my evening snack like it's a real dessert! I've also tried a little spoonful in a chocolate shake, which is yummy, but I'd rather have it on the brownie. :hun: I think I may need to increase my next order to 5 boxes of brownies, lol!

SpinDizzie 09-20-2011 11:55 PM

Oh, my. Peanut butter can be a big trigger, lol. Have you tried PB2? It's powdered, defatted peanut butter. About half the calories. Just mix a little water in it to make it spreadable. I totally heart peanut butter. By the jar, I heart it, lol. The peanut butter crunch bar is awesome. I could live on them. :D

JayEll 09-21-2011 06:43 AM

I like peanut butter too! But I only eat brands that have no added sugar. I'm really glad it's an allowed snack (once a day) on the program. :)

Jay

Riddy 09-21-2011 11:06 AM

Oh, Dizzie, PB2 sounds awesome! Is it carried in stores, or do you have to buy it online? That might be a great addition to a shake, then I can still have a little real PB on the brownie. :D

I think the peanut butter crunch bars are my favorite bars, too. I just went in and added another box to my next order.

SpinDizzie 09-22-2011 02:41 AM

Riddy, I got mine at Netrition, and I'm sure Amazon carries it. It might be worth a look to see if Whole Foods stocks it.

Riddy 09-22-2011 10:45 PM

Thanks for the info, Dizzie. I don't have a Whole Foods. :( I did order a sample packet from the manufacturer, since I didn't want to buy 4 jars. I'll have to check out Netrition and Amazon if I like it.

maryea 09-25-2011 08:51 PM

Yes I am SO glad we can have a little PB and I look forward to it! I use the no sugar kind because that's what I've eaten for years and I love it.

Riddy 11-14-2011 10:42 AM

So I ordered a sample packet of PB2 and tried it today on a brownie - YUM! I only mixed up a tablespoon, and it was plenty to top a brownie. All that for 22.5 calories! Now I can have another tablespoon tonight. :D:D:D

I definitely need to order a jar of this stuff.

Maurene 11-14-2011 11:44 AM

Sigh...I started having PB as a snack about 2 weeks ago and I find that more often than not, I just can't stop at 1 serving for a snack. I wish I didn't need to keep it in the house for my son. Somehow I can keep myself away from the boys' cookies but not the PB.

Maybe I should try the PB2 - then it would be MY PB and maybe I'd be able to leave the other stuff alone.

Riddy 11-14-2011 09:54 PM

I know what you mean, Maurene. I'm not very good at portion control with the peanut butter. I think a full serving of PB2, which is 2 tablespoons, will satisfy me better for only 45 calories.

Off to Amazon to order a jar. :p

pppenny99 11-25-2011 09:14 PM

That peanut butter dilemna

:bunny2:

You are most definitely not the only one who has become undeniably hooked to peanut butter. Oh man oh man oh man! Medifast has seemed very workable to follow for me, but peanut butter? TOO tough! So much so that I have taken it out of option for a snack (although the PB2 sounds like something I could try). I've had my husband hide it. Unfortunately, I found his last hiding place. I don't want to have a trigger planted (by me, no less), plus someone else told me that the people she knows seem to lose weight quicker without the optional peanut butter. I feel close to the same way about Laughing Cow cheese. I love it too much, so much so that I can't have it around my house!

Lyn2007 12-17-2011 11:09 AM

Peanut butter has been removed from the new Quick Start Guide. Bye bye peanut butter!!

wannablean 12-18-2011 12:24 PM

I love me some peanut butter but I too, have a hard time controlling the portion. I am going to try the PB2. Thanks for the tip!

Riddy 12-18-2011 11:37 PM

How "nice" of medifast to change the rules after we've all been eating peanut butter for months. :mad::mad::mad: I have no plans to give it up, but I may cut back to 2-3 times a week.

bethannrn 12-22-2011 12:57 PM

I added 1T of PB today to my banana shake and threw it in the blender with some ice - YUM-O!!!