Old 06-22-2011, 12:25 AM   #1  
Summertime is time for me

S/C/G: 205/192/130

Height: 5'4"

Default Hello again....

It's been a while since I posted here. Just wanted to let you know I am still OP and I have never been so excited. I can actually see how this is going to work. Everyday I look forward to my meals.
I look forward to the water.

I can't post everyday but I do want to stay connected .

How is everyone else doing?
Are your pants baggy ?
Are you liking the food more?
101days is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 10:19 PM   #2  
Shrinking Chick

S/C/G: 288/ticker/160

Height: 5'8"

Default Good to see you again!

Hi Summer! Glad you're still doing great! I'm down 35 pounds! I've bought 1 new pair of capris and a BELT! Most of my pants are falling off my ***!

Keep up the good work!

Riddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 11:19 AM   #3  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

Hey 101days! Wow, 23 pounds... can you believe it?

I'm doing good, even though I can only stay with Medifast by making substitutions. So, I'm not unhappy!

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 08:39 AM   #4  
1 day at a time =^.^=

S/C/G: 275/217/165

Height: 5'5"

Good for you!! Jay, what kind of meals are you having, by substitution? I've had to go off due to $$...
justducky2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 09:37 AM   #5  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

justducky2, I have an intolerance for protein isolates, so I can't eat 5 Medifast meals per day. I have tried to substitute by matching the Medifast food profile and calories for each meal.

One of the best substitutes for me is 1/2 cup of 2% cottage cheese with a teaspoon of maple syrup or honey. 117 cals, 3 gm fat, 10 gm carbs, 12 gm protein. Dairy isn't allowed on Medifast technically, but I have no choice if I'm to get enough protein.

Another substitute is 1/2 large apple and two ounces of water packed tuna. 123 cals, 1 gm fat, 16 gm carbs, 13 gms protein.

I am missing out on the supplements, however, so I also have to take a once-a-day vitamin tablet.

This seems to be working OK, but it takes some effort. I'd much rather be doing the Medifast meals, and would be if I could.

Jay
Old 06-24-2011, 09:51 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Hey, Jay, put more of those substitutes you've found out there for me! I've got 3 more weeks to go and I don't really want to buy any more Medifast stuff. I've been looking at other options (most are less expensive) but what I'd really rather do is eat "real" food. I'm thinking there will be a lot of egg whites involved! I've lost 13.5 so far, but goal is 25 and there's no way I'll get there in just 3 weeks, so having more ideas of substitutes would be really helpful. Thanks!

Just a question, do you add beans? I ask only because it is one of those items I've been craving. I just love black beans in a salad or as a side, but I'm not sure if that's such a good idea or not.
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 04:44 PM   #7  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

Hey alinnell Lookin' good!

OK, I'll list some of the combinations I've found.

- Morningstar Garden Veggie pattie: 110 cals, 3.5 gm fat (a little high--should be below 3), 9 gm carb, 10 gm protein. These contain soy protein isolate, so I can't eat too much of this, either.

- 1/2 serving of Quaker Oats (1/4 cup dry) with 1 oz. of turkey breast on the side: 106 cals, 2 gm fat, 14 gm carbs, 9.5 gms protein.

- 8 oz. 1% milk: 3 gm fat, 12 gm carbs, 8 gms protein.

- Greek yogurt 1/4 cup plus 1/2 serving Quaker Oats. 140 cals, 1 gm fat, 19 gm carbs, 15 gm protein.

- 8 oz. soymilk: 100 cals., 4 gm fat, 8 gm carb, 7 gm protein.

And here's one for you, alinnell:
- canellini beans, canned, drained, 1/2 cup, plus 1 TBS Newman's Light Lime dressing: 101 cals, 4 gm fat, 14 gm carbs, 5 gms protein. Low on protein (which is the problem with beans), but you can add to that an ounce of chicken breast or tuna to bring up the protein.

As I say, it's not as simple as the Medifast foods. Plus, I have had to increase carbs--I started getting sick and decided that I need closer to 100 gm carbs a day. So, things like the beans and 1/2 slice whole-grain bread now and then have come into it.

Oh, and let me not forget the fiber issue. Ahem. That's why apples are on my list.

Jay
Old 06-24-2011, 09:41 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 320/260/140

Height: 5'6

You're all doing great!! I weigh in Sunday, so I'll post again then and let you know my weekly lossage. I've been kayaking, power-walking, and doing Zumba this week so I hope the loss is inspiring! Have a great weekend everyone and best wishes for continued success!!!

Sidanne

sidanne42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 10:10 PM   #9  

Height: 5"1

Default Hi, I'm New to Medifast

I have been on the program for 10 days and have my first weigh in tomorrow at my Dr. office. I am on the TSFL program with my Dr. and his wife is my food coach.

They went on vacation the first day i got my food in, so have been on my own for the most part aside from some texts.

I discovered this board yesterday, and have been reading up on some recipes and other ideas on how to do this program. I have over 200 lbs to lose so to do Medifast for that long sounds daunting. I was doing great til this weekend and had every challenge I could think of happen this weekend. First I went to a wine tasting party that I had committed to before the program, and really wanted to go. Well of course nothing there was on program. Saturday I had a scrapbooking crop with all the snacks out on the counter. That was fine, but when the pizza came in I wanted to die! The smell was soooo overwhelming. But I made it through by eating my cream of broccoli soup with a spoon of salsa and some tomatoes and cucumbers. I did succumb to 3 strawberries though. I have a hard time understanding why we can't have fruit. Then today we got invited over for lunch at a friends that my husband just couldn't turn down. Well the meal was brisket, potato salad, corn and green beans. I loaded my plate with the gran beans and a piece of brisket. I didn't like the green beans tho, and so had a spoon of corn and potato salad ( that was a bad girl)

I think I can do this program as long as I don't leave my house and don't have friends, lol. JK, but this is going to take some getting used to and finding strategies to overcome these temptations.
artistnic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 10:19 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Wecome artistnic! Whatever program you decide on, we're all there to help you! Best of luck to you and let us know if you need any kind of advice--we've almost all "been there done that."
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote