Old 09-22-2009, 06:37 PM   #1  
Trying to keep it real

S/C/G: 204/199/170

Height: 5'7"

Question Sugar Free Syrups: Is One Brand Better Than Another?

I'm overwhelmed and a little frustrated with the sugar-free syrup thing.

Our local chain grocery store (Safeway) only offers it in Torani vanilla. I figured I can duplicate that with extract and splenda, so no reason to buy it. My local gourmet store was better and I got Torani hazelnut and raspberry.

But I see recipes that sound good with peanut butter, cookie dough, gingerbread and all kinds of other flavors. I would like to try them out, but buying them all would cost a fortune. Is one brand better than another? Torani, DaVinci, Walden Farms, O'free? Maybe some flavors are good in one, not so good in the other brands? Does anyone offer a sample pack? Is there a place to get it online that doesn't require me to buy giant bottles or that offers free shipping?

Help!
Jehna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 06:50 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 280/265.2/150

Height: 5'5

I like Davinci.Hazelnut is really good with some instant caffeine free coffee.If you have a Marshalls or TJMaxx nearby they usually have them pretty cheap.
luvmy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 08:12 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 198/155/140

Height: 5'9"

i"m interested in them too, but the shipping costs hold me back and I could just use the flavor extracts in the store.

I have tried a few flavors from Davinci that Marshalls carries.. white chocolate, Kahlua and caramel. I didn't really care for the white chocolate or Kahlua, they had more of sickeningly sweet taste. The caramel one was ok. They don't have much of a selection... a place that offers free shipping would be nice to give some other kinds a try.

Last edited by ringmaster; 09-22-2009 at 08:12 PM.
ringmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 12:11 PM   #4  
Trying to keep it real

Santa Cruz (California) has neither Marshalls or TJ Maxx. The least expensive I've found so far is on Ebay with combined shipping, from a coffee store. I did get 3 extracts at our Dollar store which was a cool surprise.

On a side note: I just want to say how appreciative I am to have found such a supportive online group here at 3FatChicks. And my sincere condolences to those who knew moderator Meowee. The loss of a friend has its own special heartache.
Old 09-29-2009, 12:33 AM   #5  
Trying to keep it real

Default Cost Plus World Market has Torani Sugar Free!

Yippee, a local place I can go get my syrups! You'd have thought it was Christmas! I bought 4 bottles while it's on sale(5.99, usually 6.99). I've been developing new recipes, having a ball!
Old 09-30-2009, 10:02 PM   #6  
Trying to keep it real

Smile Pumpkin Pie SF Syrup at Cost Plus

Pumpkin pie! Cost Plus had a brand new shipment of pumpkin pie flavor when I went in today. The manager said they stopped stocking peanutbutter, which is what I was looking for. But I'm really stoked about the pp. I put it in my maple oatmeal and it was gooood!
Old 10-01-2009, 03:52 PM   #7  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jehna View Post
Pumpkin pie! Cost Plus had a brand new shipment of pumpkin pie flavor when I went in today. The manager said they stopped stocking peanutbutter, which is what I was looking for. But I'm really stoked about the pp. I put it in my maple oatmeal and it was gooood!
YES!!!!! I looove anything with the flavor of pumpkin, haha. I remember when they had those Pumpkin Spice muffins that came in the 4 packs... I would eat those like all the time. They have blueberry, orange, banana nut, and they had that limited pumpkin one. Oh how I wish they'd bring it back.
FattyFatFat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 10:48 PM   #8  
Trying to keep it real

Smile Found An Online Supplier For Da Vinci - Cheap

They charge $4.49 plus UPS shipping. They're competitive with Da Vinci themselves and less expensive when you order multiple bottles.

http://www.supplementwarehouse.com/
Old 10-07-2009, 01:36 AM   #9  

I was gonna say cost plus or World Imports
sidrah is offline   Reply With Quote