3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Medifast (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/medifast-223/)
-   -   How much did you lose each week on Medifast (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/medifast/177077-how-much-did-you-lose-each-week-medifast.html)

christine1182 07-20-2009 10:17 AM

How much did you lose each week on Medifast

Hi everyone,

I am starting my thrid week on medifast, and I feel like the weight should be coming off a little bit faster, then what it is. I am following the program but the weight loss is going very slowly. I know everyone is different and loses weight differently. But they way they talked at the meeting I went to.... the weight should be falling off of my body. So my question is how much weight did you guys lose each week in the beginning?

aim high bloom late 07-20-2009 11:06 AM

The first time that I was on MF, I was on plan for 3 months and averaged 3.1 pounds per week. AND most weeks, even at the beginning, were right around 3--not much variance at all.

This time (I'm just finishing the first week and have lost 10) it's starting different--but I'm assuming it will balance out and work about the same way, with a 3 pound per week average.

I guess that just goes to show that it's not only different for everybody, but also it may be different each time each person does it.

It definitely does work--hang in there!!! :cheer:

Carol.

christine1182 07-21-2009 09:16 AM

Thanks...for your reply. I know the progam works and I am sticking with it. I just feel like I am losing sooooooo slow.

ROMANS828 07-23-2009 02:01 AM

The first week i lost 11.5 lbs but i have lost about 2-3lbs per week since then. this week i didn't lose any. i did this program before and the weight loss was different (8lbs first week but like 4 after that). I expect a good loss next week (4-5lbs). carol is right about it "averaging out." Keep going!!

Operator265 07-23-2009 11:48 PM

Attention All Medifasters, Wonderslimmers, Etc.

You Must Keep Your Water Intake On Track Or You Can Damage Your Kidneys!!!!!

GetSkinnyBeHappy 07-24-2009 03:58 PM

I'm starting my second round of Medifast as well. I think the closer you get to your weight, the slower it is to come off. Still losing 3 pounds a week or better is pretty cool. And I like the program so it's not difficult to stay on. But definitely, make sure you are getting enough water.

FattyFatFat 10-01-2009 03:55 PM

Usually the sudden drops are great because your body isn't used to it, but then it prepares itself to not be eating as much and starts to digest slower, etc... I think. lol.

sidrah 10-07-2009 01:51 AM

Plus, the more you have to lose, the more you will lose to start. It does even out.

chronicdieter 10-07-2009 07:37 PM

I've lost 13 lbs. my first month (5, 3, 3, 2) I LOVE this plan! I'm not hungry and I have energy to burn. The one thing I notice is that if I'm not pushing the water - I get kind of headachy and sluggish - Everybody is right on when they say - DON'T SKIMP ON THE H2O!

Have fun! :carrot: :carrot: :carrot:

lessthanzero 10-12-2009 10:52 AM

I love this diet too., It works if you work it!
I reordered myself last night, its just the expense that kills me!
I am going to order every two weeks instead of a month at a time.

Thats the only way. I wish I could find a local place that carries it!
( vegas!)

Sherry in MO 10-13-2009 11:26 AM

My first week which was last week-I lost 3 pounds. Yesterday I lost another pound. So 4 pounds in about 10 days. I have a thyroid problem, so I don't expect to lose if very fast.

GETTINGTOGOALIN2009 10-23-2009 06:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lessthanzero (Post 2966727)
I love this diet too., It works if you work it!
I reordered myself last night, its just the expense that kills me!
I am going to order every two weeks instead of a month at a time.

Thats the only way. I wish I could find a local place that carries it!
( vegas!)

If you order the Wonderslim from dietdirect.com it is less expensive, free shipping on$79 & 10% discount on orders of $99. I was using MF and a doctor recommended Wonderslim, which is the same product used in the Nutrimed program by doctors. I follow it the same as 5&1 and I am losing the same and saving money AND the stuff tastes better. A few of my friends are following the Wonderslim as written and are losing well also. I just got used to 5&1 so that is how I do it. Also the doctor told me it can be done as a straight fast using 9 supplements daily. Just have to take a multivitamin when using Wonderslim.

alienjoe211 11-09-2009 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by christine1182 (Post 2834301)
Hi everyone,

I am starting my thrid week on medifast, and I feel like the weight should be coming off a little bit faster, then what it is. I am following the program but the weight loss is going very slowly. I know everyone is different and loses weight differently. But they way they talked at the meeting I went to.... the weight should be falling off of my body. So my question is how much weight did you guys lose each week in the beginning?

After your first two weeks, the average is 1-2 pounds per week. It may be more (as someone mentioned) if you have a lot to lose. Usually, you only put on a pound or so per week, so losing it at about the same rate is good and safe. Just drink lots of water! Eat within 30 minutes of waking up and make sure you do your 5 & 1. Those are the key elements to your success.

My wife lost 7 pounds in the first two weeks and has lost 1-2 pounds every week since then. (Men's rates are different, so we won't talk about that).

Keep Looking Up!

Joe

fangtasia33 01-07-2011 01:08 PM

5 days in and 9 pounds gone for me...woohoo

Waddle 01-26-2011 06:05 AM

In my first week at weightwatchers i lost 6.5 lbs and have lost on average 1.5 - 2lbs a week.