Closed Thread

Old 11-20-2008, 07:31 AM   #166  
Blue Blood

S/C/G: 293/274/150

Height: 5'10"

Hi Susan! I was wondering where you were! I'm sorry to hear about your Grandmother. Hope the pacemaker gets her up and going strong again soon! As far as going off plan a couple of times...You have the right idea...Jump right back in with both feet sooner rather than later. What;s past is past. You are here to lose weight TODAY. So you will...afterall...You have a cruise comming up in 3 months!

Amy-I am leaving for Vegas on Monday. I will be staying with my sister this time. She just moved to Vegas 6 months ago and for some reason everyone wants to come see her! You have time to loose lots of weight on Medifast between now and April! What a great way to celebrate! Whare will you be staying?

Oops...gotta run. My DD and granddaughter just popped in...
Old 11-20-2008, 09:14 AM   #167  
Wastin' Away Again!

S/C/G: 192/170/130

Height: 5'3" 50 years old

Hi everyone -

djay - have FUN in vegas! - win BIG!!!!

Susan - sorry to hear about your grandmother. My mother has a pacemaker, has had it for a few years now. She's doing well; I wish your grandmother good health, & you some peace of mind!

I'm happy to report that I am doing well on the MF diet. I haven't weighed since Monday (my official weigh day) but currently at 180. My clothes ARE fitting a bit better. A couple of people have commented on my weight loss, but I can't help it! - I think they're just saying that to make me feel good! - I certainly don't SEE a difference just yet, but yeah! - I FEEL a difference (pants aren't so snug!) and yesterday I bought three pair of pants & they FIT. I mean they FIT. So YAY for fitting pants!

I'm still experiencing that grumbly tummy hunger-pains thing. I am thinking of having ONE more MF meal (the tropical punch or something else drinkable) when that hits... but I'm afraid it will derail my success. But quite honestly, I HATE having that grumbly-rumbly feeling. And yet, I'm VERY EXCITED that I no longer experience that "WAY TOO FULL" feeling. A definite plus!

So Thanksgiving is next week... my dad & brother will be visiting my husband & me - the 1st time they've ever done that (well, my brother came once for T'giving about 12 years ago...) so while I'm looking very forward to that, more people in the house means MORE FOOD. I had already planned to go *OFF PLAN* on that day - I planned to do that before I even started the diet. And by OFF PLAN I mean I will STILL do the medifast meals, but for my "lean & green" meal I will eat some stuffing & gravy with my turkey, and I will have pumpkin pie for dessert! - MY FAVORITE DESSERT in all the world! - and I ONLY have it ONCE a year - at Thanksgiving! So, my plan to go *off plan* won't be TOO off plan, if that makes sense.

Hope everyone is having a good Thursday! -
Old 11-20-2008, 10:40 AM   #168  

Hello Ladies!!
Susan, I was thinking about you yesterday...glad to see you're okay!
Djay, we've made our reservations at The Paris but if we get an offer from the Venentian we'll stay there. We like that end of the strip a lot and always stay at one of the hotels in that area.
I hope you have a great time in Vegas!! How long will you be gone? Where do you like to play? Are you seeing any shows?
I'm still doing Medifast but Im not losing as much as I had hoped.
I do have three packets of Equal in my coffee each morning (total of two packets) and little things like that. I do, however, stay away from carbs totally...(except for the veggies in my lean and green.)
I haven't decided yet whether Im going off the diet for TG...but I probably will...I'll try to remain in some control but I think I want to eat the potatoes, stuffing and gravy for that one day..so Im with you, Beachie!
Im looking forward to it!

Last edited by AmyK811; 11-20-2008 at 10:41 AM.
Old 11-20-2008, 11:37 AM   #169  
Wastin' Away Again!

OH! - I forgot to add that I no longer have that HUGE tummy bulge goin' on... surely due to not overeating anymore!

And I admit... I look forward to MAINTENANCE time in a few months, so I can have FRUIT again! - I miss my fruit!

ON EDIT: And I have recently learned that having a *SOUP* as mid-morning meal & another soup at lunchtime realllllly helps with the hunger cravings.

Last edited by Beach Patrol; 11-20-2008 at 11:39 AM.
Old 11-20-2008, 10:28 PM   #170  
Blue Blood

Great NSV's Beachy! Doesn't if feel great to have all that extra room in your clothes! You will be out shopping for new clothes in no time! Glad you found the key to controlling those tummy rumbles!

I'm doing the same for Thanksgiving. It was always planned as an off plan day...but I won't go crazy. And I have committed to do the 3fc 5k Turkey Trot on Thanksgiving day. So that should help! Pumkin Pie is my absolute favorite also! I can't wait to dig into a piece with a dolup of cool whip on top...ooo...I shouldn't be talking like that on a diet site should I?

Amy-I've never been to The Paris...but I LOVE the Venetian! It is so beautiful! When I went last year, New York New York ended up being my favorite place to play. Always seemed to end up there. I just draws a fun crowd! My dfaughter and I will be going to see the new Cirque du Soleil show. I think it is called Love. The Beatles one.
Don't give up on the Medifast. How long have you been doing it? Sometimes my losses slow down...but if I just hang in there and stick religiously to plan...it picks right back up again.
Old 11-21-2008, 12:08 PM   #171  
Wastin' Away Again!

djay...
if you don't mind me asking...

how long has it taken you to lose 67 lbs? and did you start medifast at 248? Thanks!
Old 11-21-2008, 12:42 PM   #172  
Blue Blood

Hey Beachy!
I started dieting at 248 in April. lost 24 lbs.
I started Medifast in July (I think around the 10th) at 224. Have lost 43 lbs and counting...
DJ
Old 11-21-2008, 12:42 PM   #173  
Let's go LEAN!

S/C/G: 185/ticker/140

Height: 5'3"

TGIF all! And next week's a short week! Yay! Well, I'm on Day 5 of Week 3 and in peeking at the scale... it's not moved from 177 but I've no worries! Just going to hit it harder these last 3 days! I know I'm staying on the MF meals over the long holiday weekend, I just still haven't figured out how strict I will be with the L&Gs on Thurs. and Fri. in particular, and then there's the alcohol. I may surprise myself and stay 100% OP.

Last edited by AshleyA; 11-21-2008 at 12:44 PM.
Old 11-21-2008, 02:25 PM   #174  

Djay,
I have been on Medifast for almost four weeks.. (two days shy) however, I've been eating small lean and greens for lunch sometimes and then again for dinner. Sometimes Im just really hungry...I'll bet if I would stop doing that, I'd lose a little faster...Im just not sure I can. I did it for the first two weeks, lost about ten pounds and the last two weeks, Ive been changing it up a little bit....Im still eating really healthy and eating low carb, low fat, so I should still lose weight..
Have you ever heard of anyone having success doing it this way?
Old 11-21-2008, 02:33 PM   #175  
Let's go LEAN!

S/C/G: 185/ticker/140

Height: 5'3"

It sounds like the MF 4/2 plan - 4 MF meals and 2 L&Gs. I think it's more calories, 1200? I'd have to find the link/info on their website.
Old 11-21-2008, 09:11 PM   #176  
Wastin' Away Again!

I have some bad news.

My husband lost his job today.

Of course he was the main bread winner for us. My income was supplemental. Now we're going to have to some extreme belt tightening on our finances. Of course one of those things to go will be my Medifast because no way can I afford it now.

While I'm very upset for my husband, & trying to be strong & supportive for him, & keep a level head about finances & what we're going to do now... I'm also very upset for me - I know that I will gain back whatever weight I've managed to lose.

I'm just very sad & a little scared right now.
Old 11-21-2008, 09:48 PM   #177  
Blue Blood

Oh Beachy...I'm so sorry about your husbands job! That has got to be stressfull! I hope he finds something soon. Even if you need to stop Medifast for a while...there are other diets you can do...and you can still drop by to chat!

This economy is so scary. I was at work til 7:30 tonight trying to make enough cuts to keep the company from going under...And I work for a supposedly rock solid company!

Amy-Honestly the only people I have heard that had good success with Medifast are those that can stick right to the plan. The calorie/carb/nutrition balance is very important to success. That is why it is so strict...right down to limiting condments.

Hope everyone has a good OP weekend!

DJ
Old 11-21-2008, 10:57 PM   #178  
Oh yeah? Just watch me!

S/C/G: 219/see ticker/140

Height: 5'6"

Beachy... I'll be saying extra prayers for you and your family tonight. So sorry to hear. Stay low carb and eat every couple hours, you should be able to keep loosing, your body should already be in ketosis, stay with it! How much more food do you have? Good luck. Keep us all posted. Also, dont set yourself up to gain back. Dont give yourself permission! You've worked so hard, dont give up.
Djay, have so much fun! Really, could I just sleep on a cot... over by the window or something, you wont even know Im there, wait, you would! never mind. Maybe someday... lets meet there in a few years, eh? I bet if we got together, yikes! would we have a blast! Win big and buy us all some program food! LOL
Susan, hoping everything is well with your granny. I miss mine. The last of my grans died 2 years ago. I miss having a granparent. Things change when their gone. At least the surgery should help her live a longer, better life, right? I love what they can do for our bodies these days!
Ashley, TGIF back at ya!
I too am going off program for thanksgiving dinner. OP the rest of the day and moderate dinner, but I WANT pumpkin pie!!!!!!! YUMMMMMMM! Ya gotta have ONE day a year, right?
I've been so OP lately and the scale is just not budging again. Im a little dissapointed. But, I realize this too shall pass. I am looking fabulous, so I dont mind the slowness or plateaus once in a while.
Anyways, have a terrific weekend all! Be awesome and remember to be thankful for much. xoxoxo missy
Old 11-22-2008, 10:43 AM   #179  
Wastin' Away Again!

As of today...I'm down another two pounds....

It seems so trivial, compared to the other things that are going on in our lives, but I'm happy about the 2 pounds. I intend to stick with the diet as much as possible. I still have enough food to last two... maybe three weeks. And then I will try to eat every 2 to 2 1/2 hours, & eat very SMALL amounts & very HEALTHY foods... so at least maybe I won't un-do what's been lost so far.

Thanks for your kindness y'all. Your good thoughts mean a lot to me.
Old 11-23-2008, 08:24 PM   #180  
Oh yeah? Just watch me!

S/C/G: 219/see ticker/140

Height: 5'6"

Hey all, happy sunday! Yeah, it does get quiet here on the weekends, eh? Well, the boys and I have had a blast... taking advantage of the sunshine and going for alot of urban hikes! It is still quite cold though, today it was a wonderful 46 degrees! I hate the cold weather, California, the sooner the better!
I went off program this week... I've been stuck at 185 for a LONG time, time to re-start again, I guess. It worked last time to take a week break...
We will see. Lov'n going and buying more 12's! I am in heaven!
So also, I am lov'n apples! I love apples!
Ok, there I go. Anyways, My FH (Darling replaced with another term of endearment) Was in the basement all day today, so we had to get out of the house... but when I got home, well, I could swear that he's been drinking. I confronted him on it straight away and he's denied it, but, I really think he has been and that is so not cool. This is what has put our marriage over the top and out the door, essentially. I really dont know what to do. I cant prove it, but I am so sure hes had a few. THE NERVE!!!!!! I cant believe he would! (well actually I do, he doesnt think he has a problem) Man, I am just steamed.
Wow, a little all over the place today... sorry
I can hear him down there and I am just p-o'd.
have a fabulous rest of the weekend and a bright and cheery monday morning! xoxoxo Missy
Closed Thread