Closed Thread

Old 11-04-2008, 02:39 PM   #46  
Let's go LEAN!

S/C/G: 185/ticker/140

Height: 5'3"

Exclamation

Woo-wee, I'm feeling a little light-headed and buzzed right now. I think I'm liking the soups more than the shakes for afternoon meal, as I'm wishing I had something other than this choc. shake for mid-aftn.
Old 11-04-2008, 02:50 PM   #47  
DanLovesMedifast

S/C/G: 358/265.8/159

Height: 6

Ashley, the light headedness gets better. A pickle might help too.
Old 11-04-2008, 03:07 PM   #48  
It's either Now or Now

Height: 5'4"

Well, got my vote in early this morning and can't wait to see the results tonight (I'm guessing it'll drift into tomorrow though).

Having a good on plan day. TOM is almost over so I'm feeling more upbeat. Going to take the kids for a walk later to get in my exercise and get them moving. They're looking so bored, poor little things, because I've been cleaning up house and then organizing my computer files. Got some energy to burn today.

I also could really use a drink LOL. I almost never drink - like a few times per year, but for some bizarre reason (marital discontent, I'm guessing), I really want a shot of rum today! How many calories is that? LOL.

Ashley - you getting enough water? For me, if I don't have enough water, that's when the light-headedness kicks in.

Djay - awesome NSV. I haven't been great about my exercise. Gotta get that on track.

Dan-O - glad work is going well and wooohoooo on the 99.4 pounds!!! That's amazing.

Beachy - Two Lisas in the house *yeh!*

TwoBThin - I'm in NY.

Last edited by Itstime; 11-04-2008 at 03:09 PM. Reason: cuz i wanted to
Old 11-04-2008, 03:15 PM   #49  
Wastin' Away Again!

S/C/G: 192/170/130

Height: 5'3" 50 years old

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoBThinAgain View Post
Beachy, I have wanted to go to Savannah for so long... I would love to come and check out some of Paula Deans restaurants. Of course it wont be a MediFast approved meal. LOL
Lawwwwwd have mercy! - that woman cooks with nothing BUT lard, butter, tons of salt, fries everything, etc... LOL! - and am I being mean if I say that my mama cooks better than her?

(P.S. all southerners think their mama cooks the best... )
Old 11-04-2008, 03:16 PM   #50  
I Can Do This

S/C/G: 209/186/160

Hey Lisa,
Where in NY are you? Maybe we are neighbors, Ya never know....
Old 11-04-2008, 03:20 PM   #51  
Wastin' Away Again!

It's NOT that I'm "not interested"... but to be quite honest... I am so SLACKER when it comes to cooking. Recipes bog down my mental stability... I run into total "Duh" walls & can't seem to back up! It's not that I can't cook... it's just that I DON'T LIKE TO COOK... seriously! never cared for it! And when I DO COOK... I don't use herbs, spices, tweak this recipe, that recipe, etc. I put salt & pepper on some fillet chicken breasts & throw it in the oven for 45 minutes, then open a can of black eye peas & microwave some frozen broccoli & call it dinner...

I've often wished I were more interested in the domestication of meal time... but truthfully, for me, cooking from scratch means "scratching open the box"... I think that's why I'm drawn to such diets as MediFast. Just mix with water & WA-LAH! Food! (man, I'm pathetic!!! ) But maybe as time goes on, I'll gain a desire to make "food" WITH my MF packets instead of using the packets AS food. Here's hopin'!!!

Last edited by Beach Patrol; 11-04-2008 at 03:22 PM.
Old 11-04-2008, 03:45 PM   #52  
Let's go LEAN!

Thumbs up

Dan~ I might try that. I do have some dill stackers.

ItsTime~ I already got my 64 oz. in so I'm drinking the water!

Beachy~ Same here on the cooking. I think I am getting beyond myself here with the idea of mixing up recipes. I never cooked for myself in trying to just eat healthy before this, and lived on lean cuisines and such. It's a nice change cutting up fresh vegetables and making a real dinner on MF but I'd rather not get too complicated. When I do cook, which I am really good at, it is gourmet and I do not try to make it diet by any means. I use real cream, imported butter, etc. It's rare that I cook like that- only for family and holidays.

I am excited about dinner! I'm doing 95% lean ground beef and making up like a ratatouille with tomatoes, zucchini and mushrooms!
Old 11-04-2008, 04:11 PM   #53  
Wastin' Away Again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshleyA View Post

Beachy~ Same here on the cooking. I think I am getting beyond myself here with the idea of mixing up recipes. I never cooked for myself in trying to just eat healthy before this, and lived on lean cuisines and such.
Yeah, I could live on Slim Fast choc. shakes & cheetos, but I've heard that's not particularly healthy...

Quote:
It's a nice change cutting up fresh vegetables and making a real dinner on MF but I'd rather not get too complicated.
Now don't get me wrong, I LOVE fresh cut up veggies & fruit. But I'm talking RAW here. For lunch (in the summertime) I can cut up a good ripe tomato & a cucumber & a few orange/yellow peppers & be just as happy as pig in mud! For breakfast, I enjoy some yogurt, strawberries & a banana blended into a smoothie... YUM & HEALTHY YUM!!! But by the time it's "dinner time" I'm not in the mood to get near the kitchen, much less the stove...

Quote:
It's rare that I cook like that- only for family and holidays.
Heh... when family is brave enough to visit, we eat out .... A LOT. And holidays? That's the best time for eating out.

Quote:
I am excited about dinner! I'm doing 95% lean ground beef and making up like a ratatouille with tomatoes, zucchini and mushrooms!
That's actually how I like my spaghetti... I use wheat spaghetti, and Ragu veggie sauce, then add tomatoes, zucchini & mushrooms. (from a can, of course....) YUM!
Old 11-04-2008, 06:20 PM   #54  
It's either Now or Now

TwoBThin - just noticed you're in NY too. I'm near Poughkeepsie. Whereabouts are you?

Ashley and Beachy - count me in on hating the cooking. I think it's part of why I'm fat. When my momma fed me, I was slim. Once I was out of my own, it was all about take-out - and you know how THAT goes .
Old 11-04-2008, 07:24 PM   #55  
Blue Blood

S/C/G: 293/274/150

Height: 5'10"

Good evening all!
Like Susan said...You have to experament with the consistancy of the oatmeal. The concrete description was my exact thought that first morning. I add a little extra water and let it sit for about 10 mins after I cook it...then stir in a packet of splends and a little cinnamon and it comes out almost creamy. It is one of my favorite meals now...it's so filling! I tried the cookies and muffins...they were just ok...no better than the oatmeal to me...but they are more portable!

I'm with you girls on the not cooking. My husband loved to cook and I didn't mind cleaning up...so I never learned more than a couple of dishehes here and there. After he passed away, I just ate out.

So the best discovery I made as a non-cook is my George Foreman grill! I throw my veggies on for about 5 mins. Then my meat for 5 mins. and dinner is served! Even I can do that! And very little clean up!

Sounds like everyone is doing fantastic this week...And don't let the headache get to you...As soon as you get through the detox...you will feel GREAT!
Old 11-04-2008, 08:13 PM   #56  
Oh yeah? Just watch me!

S/C/G: 219/see ticker/140

Height: 5'6"

people, I am on pins and needles over this election! Oh my goodness! I will be glad when the final counts are over and we learn who wins...
gesh.
XOXO missy
Old 11-05-2008, 07:41 AM   #57  
DanLovesMedifast

Good Morning All, So glad the election is over too!

Hope everyone has a super on plan day! Dan-O
Old 11-05-2008, 08:05 AM   #58  
Blue Blood

S/C/G: 293/274/150

Height: 5'10"

Good Morning Dan...How are you liking the new job? Are the folks treating you well? Tell em you have a whole crew of woman that will come and give them what for if they dont!

Good Morning all... Glad I won't have to watch anymore political commercials! Back to your regularly scheduled program!

I ordered the new bars this AM. One box of each flavor...Hope I don't eat them all before I go to Vegas. Has anyone gotten and tried them yet? I can't wait!

Beachy and Ashley. You are doing so good! Keep up the great attitudes...and you should almost be through the roughest part...So hang in there today!

Susan, Missy, Lisa- How is it going for you this week?

Have a great OP day!

DJ

DJ
Old 11-05-2008, 08:57 AM   #59  
Let's go LEAN!

Thumbs up

Thanks, DJay! I went to bed at 7:30 last night and slept almost 12 hours! lol I was drained/exhausted. Not a big deal, because I tend to like my sleep. I'm not hungry/starving in waking up which is great, and have not been irritable so it's been not too bad. I'm going to get those bars. Are you all still going to get the regular ones too? I'd like to get the lower carb items, as I've been right at the high-90s so far each day.
Old 11-05-2008, 09:28 AM   #60  
DanLovesMedifast

Hi DJ, Thank you for asking, Oh everyone is Wonderful! Very friendly. So nice to have nice co-workers! Woo Hoo! LOL, I will let them all know they better be careful! LOL LOL! Too funny!

I am excited about the new bars too. I haven't ordered them but plan to soon, may wait until my normal order to try. I want to order more diabetic bars since they are so cheap and I love them. I don't know if they are doing away with them or not yet, like most of the other bars but just enjoy the cheapness of them PLUS the flavor. LOL.

Ashely and BP, I am with DJ! Keep up your amazing attitude and positive efforts!

YOU can do it!
Closed Thread