Closed Thread

Old 11-01-2008, 06:55 AM   #1  
Blue Blood

S/C/G: 293/274/150

Height: 5'10"

Default November Medifast Chat

Happy November MFers!

Heading into the Holidays now. This is going to be the real test of my resolve! How about you? Everybody will have bowls of leftover candy sitting out everywhere at work on Monday. Then the seasonal baking begins! A new temptation will await my senses everytime I walk into the break area! Pies, cakes, cookies, candies, donuts, BBQ, pizza and I have to get past the whole gauntlet to fix my Medifast oatmeal!

I WANT to do this! I CAN do this! and I WILL do this!

I'm going to need your help folks!

DJ
Old 11-01-2008, 07:10 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Link to October chat.
Old 11-01-2008, 08:25 AM   #3  
DanLovesMedifast

S/C/G: 358/265.8/159

Height: 6

Good Morning Everyone, No candy in my house! 100% On Plan yesterday, Glad it's over!

Hope Everyone Had a Super On Plan Halloween!

Hi DJ! Hi Ruth!
Old 11-01-2008, 08:27 AM   #4  
DanLovesMedifast

DJ, you will love this. When I was waiting for my interview at my soon to be work, There were not one but TWO bowls of CANDY within reaching distance. All Chocolate. They have cup cakes, desserts, every day! LOL. I am looking forward to practicing my new health behaviors although I KNOW It will be hard at times. But I better get used to it, that crap isn't leaving the country anytime soon! LOL
Old 11-01-2008, 09:53 AM   #5  
Blue Blood

Good Morning Dan-I have one kind hearted soul who keeps a bowl filled with candy on the filing cabinet ,for everyone to grab a piece as they go by, all year round. I finally conquered that one...The holidays are100X worse! We can all do this...but we have to srick together!

Well you know that stall that was frustrating me earlier this week? Well...Yesterday I finally lost a pound...and today...I wake up 2.8 lbs. lighter! That's almost 4 lbs in 2 days! That Smoothe Moves tea is Magic! I give it my highest recomendation! Right up there with Medifast!

Last edited by djay; 11-01-2008 at 09:53 AM.
Old 11-01-2008, 02:17 PM   #6  
Oh yeah? Just watch me!

S/C/G: 219/see ticker/140

Height: 5'6"

happy Dia De la Muerta! Last night was soooooo fun! we had the MOST beautiful weather. I think the boys got about 5 pounds of candy! Ok, so for the next couple days, they boys can eat candy, after that, it will start disapearing (off to the food bank!)
I have got to do some kind of daily reward for being on program. Hmmmm, any thoughts? everyday, Ive been slipping up with sometning... peanuts, pumkin seeds, mummy dogs LOL little sneeks, but they are definatly slowing the loss. I dont have a problem with candy, thank God! But at the end of the day, I need to reasses and regroup, a hand full of peanuts stops weight loss. I keep thinking that its not junk and its not a lot so it wont matter but it has! so 100% OP now! and daily check in for helping keep on track.
We have a chuck e cheese bday party today! Fun fun!
XOXOXOXO Missy
(do you guys like my family theme halloween costumes?)
Old 11-01-2008, 03:51 PM   #7  
It's either Now or Now

S/C/G: 185/ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

Halloween was a blast last night. Took the kids trick-o-treating. They were both dressed as dinasours. DD has been eating candy non-stop today (the rule is that she can eat as much as she wants today and tonite, puff, they disappear). I swear she's talking a mile-a-minute she's so high on that stuff. Luckily, DS doesn't "get" candy yet. I am proud to announce that I haven't touched any of it at all ... but I'm not going to let it sit around and tempt me for weeks either. Luckily, candy is not my weakness.

Anyway, gave myself some time off today and went to the music store and bought some guitar books. I'm really enjoying learning playing.

Still staying off that scale ... is it weird that I don't want to weigh myself? I'm a bit jealous of the tickers going down and want to go check, but I just hate that freaking thing. My DH said my face looked slimmer after his trip, so that's a good NSA.

Missy - the pic of Halloween looks awesome. The boys are so cute and you look great!!!

Dan and Djay - I don't envy you having to sit near a bowl of candy all day long. That would be HARD! At least, at home, I can toss the stuff out when the kids aren't looking LOL.

Djay - on the almost 4 pounds - holy moly that's great!
Old 11-01-2008, 05:40 PM   #8  
DanLovesMedifast

DJ, so glad plateau is over! Woo Hoo!

Hi Missy, GREAT Photos!

itstime, very good practice for me, I am grateful for the opportunity to practice, I have to do this the rest of my life, may as well start practice now, but I agree at HOME, I practice Environmental Control for sure! NO crap in this house. Thanks!
Old 11-02-2008, 11:24 AM   #9  
Wastin' Away Again!

S/C/G: 192/170/130

Height: 5'3" 50 years old

Quote:
Originally Posted by djay View Post
Happy November MFers!

Heading into the Holidays now. This is going to be the real test of my resolve! How about you?
DJ
OMG, are you kidding??? We didn't do Halloween this year, so no left over candy (yay!) but....

I START this diet TOMORROW. I wonder how I will actually HANDLE Thanksgiving? It's my FAVORITE holiday of the year -better than Xmas, better than New Years, Valentines, Memorial Day weekend, Labor day weekend... I LOVE THANKSGIVING. Not just the food, mind you! - but the family, friends, the smells.... I even like hearing the football on TV (in the background, of course! LOL!) I like the laziness of the day, and I get those two days off as holidays at work. Aaaaahhhh... NICE. LONG. WEEKEND.

I'm thinking I might just go ahead & resolve myself to go COMPLETELY off plan on that day & not worry about a thing. Then get right back on plan on Black Friday. That's what I've always done every year - whether I'm "dieting" or not. Some years I've been skinny, & some I've been fat. But Thanksgiving was always a great day.

Besides.... it's the ONE TIME A YEAR that I allow myself my FAVORITE treat in all the world.... PUMPKIN PIE.
Old 11-02-2008, 11:42 AM   #10  
I Can Do This

S/C/G: 209/186/160

Hello Friends,
I haven't been around for a few day & I missed you all. So many of us chatting here is so great. If I miss somebody to say Hello to, please forgive me.

Halloween was good, stayed on plan, no candy. Drove my son to a football game and decided to stay & watch the game with some other Mom's.
It was beautifull here in NY the last few days.

Missy-Is that you dressed up like Princess Leah??? Looking good!

Dan-I love the new photos, boy have you shrunck, amazing. Keep up the good work. When do you start the new job?

Djay-The breath of life is doing well so far with one pill only. I imagine after a little bit of time my body might need 2 a day. My sister does take 2 every day, she does one in the AM and one before bedtime. I'm so excited for you, about the veneers. That would be awesome. Keep us posted. Glad to hear your platteau took a hike.

BeachPatrol-Good luck on your first day tomorrow. Hang tough and be strong, you can do this. Be sure to drink your water throughout the day, this will help to give you a full fealing throughout the day.

Hugs to you all, gotta run, taking Mom to lunch, it's going to be grilled fish and a salad for me. It sounds so good to me, I can't believe it, I guess as long as I don't have to cook it, it's even better. LOL.

Last edited by TwoBThinAgain; 11-02-2008 at 11:46 AM.
Old 11-02-2008, 12:10 PM   #11  
Blue Blood

Happy Sunday everyone!

Missy- The costumes turned out GREAT! Your boys are just so adorable anyway! Hope you all had a great time!

itstime- Congrats on making it through Halloween OP! Hope DD has come down from her sugar rush!

Beach- I'm so excited for you starting tomorrow. I remember how excited I was when I started after reading all the successes that others had. Wondering if it could really work like that for me? Stick to it exactly as written and I promis you will be celebrating next weekend!
I plan to go off plan for Thanksgiving. I started this plan with a goal in mind for my Thanksgiving/Vegas trip. I will be on vacation with my family. I will stay close to plan that week. But I know that I will not be able to avoid alcohol in Las Vegas! Especially when the sisters have our girls night out! So my plan for Vegas is to do as little damage as possible and get right back on plan when I return home. I have never intended to try to diet on Thanksgiving or Christmas day.

Susan- Enjoy your lunch with your mom! Sounds like you have a good plan going into it! Tell mom hi for me!

I'm off to find some curtains...I am getting bored with my livingroom...Something has got to change! Have a great OP day!

DJ
Old 11-02-2008, 02:01 PM   #12  
DanLovesMedifast

Hi Missy! Thanks! I start tomorrow, so you all will see less of me, but will try to check at night!

Thanks for your Support Missy and Everyone!

Have a GREAT On Plan night!
Old 11-02-2008, 05:57 PM   #13  
DanLovesMedifast

I am excited about the New Bars Coming out tomorrow. They will come in handy for my new JOB! LOL. For now I made three batches of chips and put in baggies so I can grab and eat on schedule, etc. I hope! LOL!

Gotta Love Medifast!

If anyone wants to stay on plan on Thanksgiving there are a ton of recipes on the Medifast Site under MMMMMM............Recipes.

I do plan to stay on plan myself. So if anyone else does, you won't be alone.

I just cannot imagine going through the first WEEK again! Oh, it was AWFUL! Maybe because I had so much weight to lose?????

Anyway, NOT going there again! LOL!

Have a Super Monday Everyone!
Old 11-02-2008, 08:02 PM   #14  
I Can Do This

S/C/G: 209/186/160

Hey Dan,
Have a great day tomorrrow, I'll be thinking of you and cheering you on.
Old 11-02-2008, 08:58 PM   #15  
Oh yeah? Just watch me!

S/C/G: 219/see ticker/140

Height: 5'6"

Dan-O, We'll be missing you here as much, but I am so excited that you are back to work! WORK! YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!! Have fun! and WOO HOO!
You ROCK!!!!

hey, btw everyone... only 2 more days til we find out who is gonna be the next president... oh, I am so anxious. I will be so glad to see the locals over with, and all the political ads, jesh!

Be good all! XOXOXO missy
Closed Thread