Closed Thread

Old 02-11-2008, 09:07 AM   #121  

S/C/G: 252/177/150

Height: 5'-6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by StickySlope View Post
WOW! How long have you been on MF? Congratulations!
Since 10/4/07, so slightly over 4 months—which have included the holidays and a big going away party for our son's deployment. I think I would have reached 50 sooner had it not been for the distractions, but I knew they were coming when I began, so I'm okay with where I am at this point.

Old 02-11-2008, 12:44 PM   #122  
Shrinky Dink

S/C/G: 215/157/142

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hope2BLosing View Post
Andrea,
Do the WW people know you are doing MF? I've been thinking about starting to attend meetings with my coworkers.
No
But since the nutrition info. is listed on the MF products I have figured up the points value on some things (although I'm not really counting points right now.) I told them I'm doing core cuz I think MF is more like core. I don't think they really care what you eat as long as you're following the flex program or the core program. When I was there yesterday some girl was talking about how she ate cherry pie and icecream, so I figure it's OK if I eat MF.

OshvayCongrats on losing 50 pounds!

Sticky Congrats to you on your 15 pounds!

Last edited by Andiemom; 02-11-2008 at 12:56 PM. Reason: adding stuff
Old 02-11-2008, 04:45 PM   #123  

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andiemom View Post
No
But since the nutrition info. is listed on the MF products I have figured up the points value on some things (although I'm not really counting points right now.) I told them I'm doing core cuz I think MF is more like core. I don't think they really care what you eat as long as you're following the flex program or the core program. When I was there yesterday some girl was talking about how she ate cherry pie and icecream, so I figure it's OK if I eat MF.

Heehee!! I won't tell!

I ordered my Capella drops yesterday. I figured it was time to "spice up" my shakes and puddings. i ordered TEN bottles!!! YIKES!

Last edited by Hope2BLosing; 02-11-2008 at 04:45 PM.
Old 02-11-2008, 06:43 PM   #124  

S/C/G: 225/205/150

Height: 5"8"

Andiemom-WW must think your a rock star! I am planning to follow the core plan while on my cruise. I figure I can pick and choose from buffets etc.

Any of you all been on a cruise? I have not and I am quite nervous about the amount of food available! I do plan to exercise so maybe I won't gain. But I will be drinking wine!!

I went shopping on my lunch hour today and started to cry in the dressing room. I went to a "regular" store for the first time in years and bought "regular" clothes that fit!

We have a silly saying in my family-Love You Long time or LYLT
Old 02-11-2008, 09:17 PM   #125  
Shrinky Dink

Hope
Quote:
Heehee!! I won't tell!
LOL!

Vbevens
Quote:
Andiemom-WW must think your a rock star!
That is so funny! My leader did say, yesterday, "Wow! You are kicking butt!" and then she came around from behind the counter and gave me a hug. She hugged me because I was so overcome with emotion when I realized I had finally reached that seemingly unobtainable 50 pound goal . Letting go of this weight is very emotional for me! It's about darned time!
Old 02-11-2008, 10:22 PM   #126  

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'7"

I'm soooooooooo excited. I'm down 17 pounds!!! My first mini goal was to get to a BMI of 39. I literally have ONE pound to go!!!!! Today I kept hopping on the scale and thinking something was wrong because with my clothes on I was down 15 pounds. So...... I stripped down and jumped back on!!! Woohoo!!!!

I have a feeling I might not lose much this week as TOM is fast approaching.
Old 02-12-2008, 07:38 AM   #127  
Gettin' Veggie With It!

S/C/G: 02/16/11 196/184/125

Hope,

That is fantastic! Woohooo! (Doing the happy dance!)

Jen
Old 02-12-2008, 08:38 AM   #128  
I feel blah..

S/C/G: 217.5/193.0/140

Height: 5'3"

Are any of you exercising?

I keep reading on this medifast thing and I am so curious, but afraid to try it
Old 02-12-2008, 12:23 PM   #129  
Shrinky Dink

Hi Sneeks,

I walk on my treadmill and now that the weather is getting nicer I have been walking outside. Sometimes I'll do a workout video. MF discourages exercise in the first couple of weeks (unless you've been doing it already) and then they have you gradually start adding activity.

I was afraid to try this program too, but am SO glad I did. You could always decide to just commit to 2 weeks or a month and see how it goes. That's what I did...I thought, "I can do this for a month". On Thursday it will be 6 weeks since I started and I have lost 20 pounds!

Hope:You rock chickie! Congrats on your loss.

Keep up the good work everybody. Here's to the MF sisterhood.
Old 02-12-2008, 04:27 PM   #130  

My order is due to arrive tomorrow!

I won't start until Saturday though. I prefer my first day be at home rather than at school. And the shipment won't arrive early enough to start tomorrow.

But I can read over everything, get organized, etc.

I'm so excited!!!!
Old 02-12-2008, 05:50 PM   #131  

I intentionally fell off the wagon Sunday for my daughter's birthday, but I got up Monday morning and started MFing again. My husband is really on me to go back to Weight Watchers so we can all eat the same thing for dinner (read - cook for him). I will...eventually...

I bought a Fluidity barre. I did the beginner workout and ached for two days, so it must do something. I liked it, too, even though my 3-year old kept asking where hers was. I tried to get her to do it on the coffee table, but no...she wanted mine. I weighed this morning but between Sunday and starting my period in a day or two, I was up 2.6 pounds. I figure that'll be gone tomorrow or Thursday...

Y'all have a great evening.
Old 02-12-2008, 07:35 PM   #132  

Height: 5' 7"

That is exciting Zeute!!

Kim, I have not altered anything and I am up a pound over sunday. it's frustrating but let's try not to be down. I admit that i was pretty discouraged this am but I just have to keep at it. Sometimes I don't think I will ever get to onderland!! I am sooo impatient! It is silly to live and die by the scale but I still get on it daily. I have for almost a year.

Biggest Loser is on tonight!
Old 02-12-2008, 07:56 PM   #133  

Thank you, Brooke I'm the world's worst about scale stepping. I actually stepped on the stupid scale after I ate dinner tonight...but it looks pretty good for tomorrow. I try not to get too upset about the daily fluctuations and just look for the downward trend...but it's hard. I keep expecting it to be like it was when I was younger. I could step on the scale and see a change almost daily. Having a baby certainly changed my body! ;0

Zeute, I waited several days to get started. I have found, though, it's actually easier on days when I'm at school because I'm more regimented about my times to eat/drink. You're going to do great!

Last edited by magnolia blossom; 02-12-2008 at 07:58 PM.
Old 02-12-2008, 08:37 PM   #134  

Thanks for the boost Kim!

It's no so much the regimenting I'm concerned with (although it is a concern for the timing) but my reaction.

If it makes me feel ill or gives me headaches or anything at first I'd rather be at home, not almost 60 miles away and have to then face the drive. It's hard enough as it is.
Old 02-12-2008, 08:51 PM   #135  

Height: 5' 7"

I didn't have any bad symtoms and I get headaches normally. I did have my am coffee as usual and diet coke, drank some but not even half of the water. I didn't want to reduce caffeine and risk a headache. I was not hungry but I did find after a week that I was not eating enough of the lean because I didn't have a scale. I found one at walmart for under $10. Measure yourself before you start! I didn't do it except for my waist and when I haven't lost weight, I do see a loss in inches. I wish I had measured all over but I was too lazy!

Remember, in the first days if you are having a hard time, have an extra shake, that's fine. And if you have any questions about how to mix something, we'll be here!

PS I just ate onions chopped in pam spray. Yuck! I never eat onions normally but my daughter was making them and they smelled good. My tummy hurts.

I am watching Biggest Loser now and trainer Bob said that the best lunch is a sandwich... it crossed my mind to go back to dieting that way but you know, when I do I take too many this and thats... a bit of this, a bit of that. It doesn't work as well as MF because of the strict structure MF provides.

Closed Thread