Old 01-25-2008, 06:48 PM   #1  

Height: 5' 7"

Default Anyone get tired of all sweet food?? Soup suggestions please.

I don't mean the L and G but most of what I have, oatmeal, shakes, pudding, bars etc are all sweet. And this is coming from a person who loves her sugar!

It is almost time for my next shipment and I think I should add some soups.

So, soup suggestions please!

And, what do you think of the lemon bars if you have tried them??

Thanks
brookelizabeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 07:03 PM   #2  

Hi Brooke,

My DH is diabetic. We ordered a 2 week package for him and a 2 week woman for me. He does not want to MF at this time... (whatever!) So I've tried some of his shakes. They are not as sweet. Same w/ the peanutbutter bar. For me, when I add 1 tbsp. of instant coffee to a shake (vanilla or chocolate) I need to add a splenda for sweetness.

The soups I've had are chicken noodle, chilli and crm of tomato. The chili and COT need spices. The chicken noodle OK alone. I'm trying the beef stew w/ the next order.

Hope that helps,
J
judybeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 07:09 PM   #3  
Master of disaster

S/C/G: 269/ticker/160

Height: 5'6"

I like the chicken noodle and chicken and rice. The chili is good if you add spices (I also add MF crackers). I MUCH prefer the sweet stuff though.

Good luck,
Michelle
michelle127 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 08:40 PM   #4  

Thanks!

I am normally a frosting addict so this is a surprise to me.

I think I will try chicken with rice, blueberry oatmeal, peach oatmeal (I have to, it's my favorite normally, how bad can it be??!!) shakes and the lemon, choc and choc mint bars.

Keep the suggestions coming!
Old 01-26-2008, 12:53 PM   #5  

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'7"

I'm still having a hard time with the oatmeal. I still think it's the smell. I'm still eating it, but I don't know for how much longer. Anyone have any oatmeal recipes?
Hope2BLosing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2008, 02:12 PM   #6  

I tried the 10 pks of oatmeal, 2 packs of vanilla pudding, baking powder, cinnamon bars and cut it in half. It comes out kind of like baked play dough. Seems dense and wet, if you can imagine that. Not anything I would normally eat! Maybe the muffin recipe is better??

Actually, if you like cookie dough, the stuff was better before we baked it. You could try mixing 5 packs of any oatmeal with 1 pack of vanilla pudding and some water and see if you like it as a dough. You could cut it down if you don't have enough packets. Oh, and add some cinnamon, a few tsp.

The last time I made oatmeal I added boiling water and stirred. It looked better. Then I microwaved it and it got all nasty looking. But, that won't help you if you don't like the smell.

I really like the blueberry, no smell that I detect and it does stay with you for longer than a shake in the AM.

The eggs seemed like normal eggs to me.

And, I discovered Laughing Cow cheese lite slices. Yum! I have one a day.

Have you tried the Chocolate Mocha shake? It doesn't have as strong of a taste as the chocolate. Do you like coffee? The vanilla shake is good mixed with coffee but don't blend hot in the blender. I haven't tried choc with coffee but I think it might cut the sweet.
Old 01-26-2008, 02:14 PM   #7  

PS I used apple cinnamon oatmeal and also threw in a chai since I detest the chai. It made it a bit stronger tasting which was good. I am out of oatmeal now except blueberry which I like so now I need to find a way to get rid of the chai!
Old 01-26-2008, 05:31 PM   #8  

I had the Chicken and Wild Rice soup today. It was pretty good. I cooked it on the stove top instead of in the microwave.
Old 01-26-2008, 08:35 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 205/205/150

The soups I like: chicken with rice, beef stew and chili. I love the chili as is, it tastes great to me. The caramel nut bars are my favorite, I could eat 4 a day! I haven't tried the lemon bars, but I ordered some with my next shipment. I love this diet because I have a sweet tooth, so when I have a strawberry or chocolate shake, I feel like I'm cheating.
journey00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2008, 11:08 PM   #10  

I found sugar free raspberry syrup at World Market and put it in the chocolate pudding. Very good.

Thanks for the soup reviews! I have chicken and rice on my next auto ship. I don't like chili in "real life" so
won't order it from MF. Still sitting with Cr of Broc, I think it will be the last thing I will use!

Last edited by brookelizabeth; 01-26-2008 at 11:10 PM.
Old 01-27-2008, 05:48 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 272/ticker/170

Height: 65.5 inches

The cream of chicken and chicken noodle soup is pretty good. Beef stew and chicken and wild rice were just ok. I thought the chili was gross and I LOVE chili. I am going to try the cream of broccoli tomorrow.
tjjsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2008, 10:22 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 252/177/150

Height: 5'-6"

Cream of Tomato is my favorite soup, but I don't usually find it very filling. This week though I tried it a bit differently. I mixed it up in a blender first (with a couple dashes of Italian seasoning), before popping it into the microwave. What a difference that made. The soup was truly creamy for the first time, double the volume, and as filling as it was tasty.

oshvay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 12:29 AM   #13  

I had the CoT for lunch today. You are right about it not being very filling. I needed to drink a ton of water it.
Old 01-28-2008, 04:03 AM   #14  
Incredible Shrinking Sue

S/C/G: 284/146/150

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjjsmom View Post
I thought the chili was gross and I LOVE chili. I am going to try the cream of broccoli tomorrow.
I usually make my chili in the morning so the beans are nice & soft by lunchtime. I add a few shakes of Mrs. Dash Southwest chipotle seasoning & chili powder when I'm nuking it & then stir in 1 TBS of salsa & a couple of shakes of Molly McCheese after I reheat it.

I try to add 1/2 c. leftover cooked chopped broccoli when I have it to the cream of broc soup & a couple shakes of Molly McCheese. I just subtract the broccoli from my daily green. Didn't care for the cream of broc at first but now I really like it. It's also great in those quiche cups or tuna patties.
suesully is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 12:13 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 250/236/130

Height: 5'1"

So far, I've had the Chicken and Wild Rice, the Beef Stew and the Maryland Crab. The MF person who took my order suggested the Maryland Crab and I'm so glad she did! It's terrific. I also really like the Stew and Chicken and Wild Rice Soup. The best thing is to follow the directions. I first tried the Chicken with hot water from the Coffee Maker at work. It never plumped up. The next time I added the hot water and then nuked it and ***VERY IMPORTANT*** covered the container for a few minutes before eating it. It made all the difference in all three items. I've also had to add a bit of seasoning, but not a huge amount. I would recommend all three items.

I think it's a bit of a cheat, but I've found that I like the shakes much better with 1/4-1/2 tsp of crystal lite in them. I add orange CL to the orange shake and raspberry Green Tea CL to the Strawberry shake. It makes them delicious. I've yet to figure out how to make the dutch chocolate more tasty. It's very close to ick for me so any suggestions would be appreciated.
StickySlope is offline   Reply With Quote