Old 01-12-2008, 12:58 PM   #76  
girl in the public eye!

S/C/G: 270/262/140

Height: 5'5

Thanks Ladies-- I woke up the morning and discovered I am down 8lbs!

3 from my prep for medifast and 5 in less than a week on the plan! I have to admit this is the motivation that keeps me on it and helps me through the hunger pains of the first week!
belleamiee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2008, 02:37 PM   #77  
Shrinky Dink

S/C/G: 215/157/142

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by brookelizabeth View Post
How is the blueberry oatmeal? i have to order oatmeal on monday because i forgot to order it in my first order.
Anyone have a favorite oatmeal?
Ya know, I think I'm in the minority here, but I really like the oatmeal (even the peach). I got a blueberry packet with my free week and I thought it was good. I cook it on the stove, put it in the fridge for about 20 minutes while I do other stuff, then I either reheat it on the stove or in the microwave. I also add a tiny bit (1 tbsp) of fat free milk to it. I like it, but if you hate the oatmeal in general, you might not.
Andiemom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2008, 03:10 PM   #78  
Gettin' Veggie With It!

S/C/G: 02/16/11 196/184/125

Brookelizabeth,

I was having a problem with my stomach growling a lot last week and I spoke to a friend of mine about it and she told me that I most likely was not drinking enough water. For me, this is true. I get tired of water.

Jen
abovethedin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2008, 03:11 PM   #79  
Gettin' Veggie With It!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floprieto View Post
Congratulations Magnolia!!!

Jen: i am sure most of the gain is water weight... so it will be gone soon

I sure hope so. I really don't want to think that just having one "normal" meal with starch could set me that far over the edge. Anyway, today I am back on track and I am ready for the next 30 pounds!

Jen
Old 01-12-2008, 07:27 PM   #80  
Master of disaster

S/C/G: 269/ticker/160

Height: 5'6"

Hello all.

I like the apple and cinnamon oatmeal. I forgot to add splenda and cinnamon Friday, but it was still edible. I haven't tried the blueberry. Maybe I'll grab a box next order.

I tried my magic bullet today. Wow!! I didn't expect it to be that much better! I have nothing to report today - have a great evening.
michelle127 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2008, 08:23 PM   #81  
banned

S/C/G: Countdown to goal!

Height: 5'7"

OK, so this is TOTALLY OFF TOPIC, but we're all FRIENDS and COOL with this, RIGHT?
I'm going to see DH very soon, so in preparation I thought that I might deserve some personal grooming, especially since we are going off to a warm climate in the next few weeks. The only esthetician appointment I could get was for today. I book myself in for a serious pedicure plus some waxing. What the heck.
So I get my pedi, and love it. Get my pits/half-leg and eyebrows waxed. No biggie.
The BIGGIE was that I asked for a bikini wax. I THOUGHT this meant that they just tidied up around your legs so that if your suit slipped a bit, you would look neater.
WELL.
I said BIKINI, and I GUESS that means BRAZILLIAN in esthetician terms.
I had NO idea what that was before we started.
So I'm lying there, and I'm feeling this hot wax, and I'm thinking "what the **** is THAT WAX doing down THERE?????"
The next thing I knew was --- RIP ---.
O.M.G.
I had absolutely NO IDEA that this was going to happen! And after the first ---RIP---, I had to get the full monty done else I be lopsided. And there is NO WAY this chickie is taking a razor down there.
I still don't know what to think...
Maya
freiamaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2008, 09:15 PM   #82  

S/C/G: 233/231/160

Height: 5'6

Hey Maya!

I was worried about you!!! LOL. You got a brazilian wax?!! By accident? Well i am sorry... I do this in the summer and it DOES hurt.. But after, you feel so good . There is a difference between Bikini and brazilian... I am surprised she did not ask you... But oh well... That will be a nice surprise for your DH!

I am still 100% on plan... Today is Day 9 for me... Can't wait to reach the Onederland... Hopefully sometime this week

Florence
Floprieto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2008, 09:19 PM   #83  
banned

S/C/G: Countdown to goal!

Height: 5'7"

I'm going to be off-line for the next 3 weeks or so because of the HOUSE RENO FROM **** (phones will be down) plus vacation --
Hang in there, everyone, and I'll check in again when things are back online!
Maya
freiamaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2008, 09:43 PM   #84  

Height: 5' 7"

Talking

You can't sneak away so quickly! Get back here...

That is funny, you poor thing! I think you'll have to go back in 3 weeks. I am not sure which my Dh would be more shocked at, the weight loss or the wax. does you DH know you have lost weight while he has been gone? What fun to see him again soon.

Is it normal to worry about what you can't eat as soon as you order the food? I think waiting for it to arrive is hard!

I can't remember which one of you suggested the pearls to keep things moving. I can't take things like Benefiber, it has the opposite effect on me. When I tried Atkins I got into trouble so I want to avoid that this time. The new yogurt is great but we can't have it on plan.

Anyway, everyone is all a twitter because the packers won. it's going to be a long week waiting for the next game. i think if brett favre were running for president in wisconsin, he'd win! I am one of the few not dressed in green and gold today.
brookelizabeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008, 09:44 AM   #85  

I like the blueberry oatmeal a lot, actually. I did add a packet of Splenda because it didn't seem sweet enough to me. I wish they had a banana oatmeal because preMF I really liked the banana bread Weight Control oatmeal. I don't much like apple cinnamon or maple and brown sugar. I'm thinking about the peach, but I'm not usually crazy about that either. I did let it set for a couple of hours before even putting it in the microwave.

I weighed this morning and I was down another .8. I know - I know, I should *not* be weighing every day. I'm just going to do it until Monday then after my first week weigh-in I'm going to put up the scales for a week. I promise! Cross my heart!

The pearls are definitely working. I did have a link for them somewhere, but the only place I can find them here is WalMart. I found a link for the pearls on the GNC website but I know that WalMart is cheaper. Here it is so you know what the box looks like
http://www.gnc.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2211679 .

As for the waxing...ummmm....your husband may like it so much that you will have to do it regularly...but if waxing is not your thing, razors do work pretty well...

Last edited by magnolia blossom; 01-13-2008 at 09:49 AM. Reason: pearl link
magnolia blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008, 10:43 AM   #86  

My walmart didn't have them so i ordered from Amazon.

I don't think my order will be here until ƒriday!!
brookelizabeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008, 10:44 AM   #87  

S/C/G: 231/Ticker/160

Height: 5"5"

Hi All,
Maya! I hope that you can stop by the local internet cafe and check in with us, once in a while. We will all be waiting to hear the DH reaction to your new bod.
It seems that everyone here are working daylights with weekends off.
Am I the only Night shifter here?
I seem to have no trouble staying OP on my work days, but when the days off come, and I am fated with the difficult decision to either try to transition to sleeping nights on my weekend or staying on the night shift on my days off. Sometimes I stay up almost 24 hours so I get all in disarray about what to eat on such days. I ended up at the salad bar restaurant with DH last weekend, and went off plan.
So that is my difficulty this week and water consumption still remains a problem.
I like the tomato soup!
Please PM me if you want to trade, I have 5 packets on Chicken Noodle that I cannot stomach, and 6 packets of Beef Stew that I hate even more.
Someone send the willpower dust this way south...
As ever,
Fab50TX
Fabulous50Texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008, 11:59 AM   #88  

S/C/G: 194/169/130

Weigh-in day and I lost 3 pounds this week. Of course, in celebration of the loss I took a flying leap off the wagon and landed in a bakery this morning. Didn't enjoy it half as much as I thought I would!

Maya, you are a riot. I can't imagine how much that hurt, esp. since you weren't prepared. I go the razor route myself, battery and regular, although I wish I had the nerve to get a brazilian!
bellabella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008, 12:49 PM   #89  
Gettin' Veggie With It!

Default Weigh In

My weigh in is a bit disappointing. I thought I was doing wonderfully but Thursday, when I actually ate Swedish meatballs (minus the balls) and rolls..and chocolate cookies...and....ok that was it, I've only lost 1 pound this week. I do not think it was worth it at and I will definitely remember this feeling the next time I want bread. Today is a new day though and I am ready for the next week!

Jen
Old 01-13-2008, 12:50 PM   #90  

S/C/G: 225/205/150

Height: 5"8"

Smile Hello Everyone

Helly everyone, I am day 9 on MF and have lost 5 lbs. It is a little discouraging when I see so many higher numbers, but I know my body is adjusting.

I have read all these posts and you all seem like a fun bunch! One question, what or who is DH (Dear Husband?)

Anyone experience blurred vision? And any other advice to speed the weight loss?

I am 100% on plan. Went out with people to a Mexican restaurant last night, I avoided the chips and salsa, no cheese, no tortillas, just plain shrimp and veggies. That was an achievement for me!

Last edited by Vbevens; 01-13-2008 at 01:10 PM.
Vbevens is offline   Reply With Quote