3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Medifast (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/medifast-223/)
-   -   Recipes for Medifast Users (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/medifast/130384-recipes-medifast-users.html)

queenofoz 10-23-2010 10:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marci123abc (Post 3532181)
I have a question - When I mixed the medifast pancake mix with 1/4 cup of water, I was able to make 1 (one) approx. 4" pancake. However, the package states that it should make at least three. Is it me?

I made them and it made 4 silver dollar pancakes. They tasted good, more like French Toast to me. I used sugar Free Mrs.Butterworth syrup and they were yummy. Not too much food but I am usually not very hungry during the day so they work~

queenofoz 10-23-2010 10:08 PM

If you haven't tried the soft serve ice cream yet, it is pretty good. To make it into a shake just use 6 oz. cold water and about 4 ice cubes and it makes a good thick shake.

wallywoobird 11-02-2010 12:46 PM

MF Tea or Punch - getting it down!

Hi All, yes the tea/punch is pretty awful so here is MY solution.

Remove & save about half of the water from a chilled 700 ml bottle.
Pour in one tea or punch mix - careful this is the tricky part.
Add one on the go Crystal Light or whatever brand you prefer that has no/low carbs.

I use Ocean Spray cran-peach for the cran-mango tea, arnold palmer lemonade tea for the rasp tea and, if you can find it, Hawaiian Punch for the trop punch. (Remember fruit juicy Hawaiian punch from your childhood?!?!? Walmart has the single serve packs.)

Shake, shake, shake; shake some more. Add the water you removed when the bubbles calm down.

Bottoms up! I drink 700 ml on the way to work. I use a sport top bottle & be careful, the punch is a deadly stain. This much liquid fills you up, gives you some extra water intake, and makes the teas go down ok. Really not so bad at all. I made this in the blender with ice and got a big, slushy drink which was good during the summer. If you have time, it's better made the night before because everything dissolves.

HANG IN THERE ONE & ALL!

Lyn2007 01-09-2011 01:37 PM

I put up a new page on my blog with tips and recipes for the Medifast foods: Medifast Tips & Recipes Page. Hope this helps :)

Jlongview 04-21-2011 02:47 PM

tomato soup bread

Hello, I've been playing with the bread recipe and my latest was passed around the office and deemed "tasty"

1 pkt cream of tomato soup
1 pkt cream of chicken soup
1/2 t baking powder
1/4 t dry chinese mustard
1/4 t garlic powder
1/8 t onion powder
1 T frozen onion seasoning mix
1 T olive oil
egg beaters to form a wet dough.

Spread pm cookie sheet and bake 20 minutes.
Can also sprinkle fat free cheese on top

I've made it thicker and used it as "sandwich bread" or thinner as a great snack. This makes 2 meals worth of bread. :carrot:

prfctlildvl 05-01-2011 11:50 PM

My First Day Is Tomorrow

Hi all,

I received my first Medifast shipment on Friday and tomorrow is the start of my Medifast adventure.

I am so happy to have found all these wonderful recipes and look forward to joining you all in your weight loss.

I have heard a lot of positive feedback on Medifast and a friend has lost over 30 lbs in two months.

I know that it's going to be a hard road but I'd rather travel down a hard road and have a goal and reward in sight then to not travel down the road at all and be right where I am for the rest of my life.

I'd love to hear all of your weight loss stories so please feel free to contact me.

Best of luck to you all! :carrot:

prfctlildvl 05-06-2011 08:11 PM

I just mixed up a batch of the sinful dessert and I had to control myself and not lick the bowl clean before they got in the freezer. The only thing I did different was to add a few drops of caramel and a few drops of vanilla DaVinci syrup. Now my mind is racing with ideas for these sweet desserts. I just ordered some PB2 chocolate and some DaVinci chocolate syrup; mix both of them in with the hot cocoa mix and I could be having some faux reeses peanut butter cups!!!!:devil:

Riddy 05-15-2011 11:29 AM

These recipe ideas are great - can't wait to try some of them!

Here's my favorite doctoring up - spicy hot cocoa. I add cinnamon and a bit of cayenne pepper to the hot cocoa.

I also like cinnamon and ginger in the chai.

mizjeni 07-17-2011 12:50 PM

I just want to thank everyone who has posted on this thread. I like most of the medifast foods but I can't wait to try your recipes. I am seriously looking forward to the grilled cheese.

jeanies 12-10-2011 10:44 AM

I found that mixing the dark chocolate shake, hot cocoa, 6 oz. unsweetened almond milk, 2 oz. water and a few ice cubes in the blender made a very tasty thick shake! I am on the 4 & 2 +1 program so am allowed one cup of the almond milk as a snack.

faithhopenluv13 01-22-2012 12:25 PM

MF Pancakes using MF Eggs and MF Oatmeal...YUM!

Ingredients
■1 pkg. Medifast Eggs
■8 oz water
■2 pkg. Blueberry Medifast Oatmeal (or any MF oatmeal)
■1/4 tsp Baking Powder
■1/8 tsp Vanilla
Optional: 1 packet splenda (=1 condiment)

Directions

Thoroughly, mix eggs and water using a whisk or blender. Then, add the vanilla and baking powder. Gradually, stir in Medifast oatmeal, one packet at a time. Make sure the oatmeal is evenly dispersed and mixed very well. You don’t want flat pancakes!

Spray a skillet with Pam. Pour the mixture onto the skillet and cook them just like normal pancakes. You’ll know when they’re done.

This will make 6 pancakes which equals 3 servings.

Keep the extras as leftovers and reheat them in the microwave for 15-20 seconds.

*I used to love apple cinnamon pancakes, so I used the MF apple cinnamon oatmeal instead of blueberry, added a packet of splenda for sweetness, and a little cinnamon on the pancakes before I flipped them. Ended up making 9 3×3 pancakes (3 pancakes = 1 MF meal)…delicious! (I never really liked syrup, so I just ate them plain. They were still moist and very yummy!)

Original Recipe came from "Get Skinny Be Happy" website)

crystalf919 01-30-2012 05:52 AM

I found a great website called Sandys Kitchen Adventures. She has a whole section dedicated to Medifast. From Lean to green to different things you can make out of the actual products. I saw a recipe to make chips out of a chicken noodle soup. I mean the puffs an pretzels ate all right but man I miss my chips so I'm trying it out tomorrow! Just search SandysKitchenAdventures and she has a medifast recipes tab but try not to look at her whole site cause man she makes some good stuff I'm not ready for!!!!.

ladysheets 01-30-2012 11:16 PM

Crystal, thanks so much for the Sandys kitchen info. She has some great recipes on there your right ! i just made the peanut butter choc.Balls mmmm,pretty tasty when your craving something you know you shouldnt !

You saved me tonight ! lol.....

christiejoy 02-03-2012 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Floprieto (Post 1995728)
Bread Bars

This is my current favorite portable recipe. It makes 6 bread bars that taste great from freezer to microwave (or just thawed at your desk at work).

3 MF Oatmeals (I used the Maple)
2 MF Puddings (I used Banana)
1 MF Eggs
1 tsp baking powder
2 tbsp flax meal (optional)
¼ cup water
¼ cup Sugar Free caramel syrup (optional, water will do fine)
Water
Splenda (optional)
¼ cup almonds (optional)

Grind flax meal with coffee grinder (optional) and put in bowl. Grind oatmeal and add to flax meal, pudding, and eggs. Add baking power and mix well. Add liquids to make a very thick batter and sweeten to taste with Splenda. Prep 8/12 by 4/1/2 by 2 ½ bread loaf pan with Pam. Pour batter in and tap pan until batter is level.

Grind nuts and press into top of loaf with spoon deep enough so they won’t fall out. I have tried pecan, pistachio, walnuts, and almonds with success.

Bake at 350 for 25 minutes. The bread with be dense/moist due to the pudding. Flip onto cookie sheet and cool for 15 mins. Divide into 6 bread bars and space out on sheet. Place cookie sheet in freezer for ½ hour and then take out and put bars into snake size bags and put back into freezer. Warning, if you put directly into bags without cooling first, you will get frost covered bars ;)

On your way out to work, just grab a few for breakfast or other meals

This recipie is AWESOME! Thanks for sharing!

jorobda 06-20-2012 01:01 PM

Chicken Recipe

I buy rotisserie chicken. I shred one chicken breast. I put pam into a pan, I sautee, spinach, mushrooms and seasonings, whatever seasonings you like, then I add the shredded chicken and 2 laughing cow wedges. It's really good and easy. You can also use whatever veggies you like. I change it up depending what I am in the mood for with veggies.