Fit for Life - Harvey Diamond

• Actually the title is Fit for Life Not Fat for Life.
    I'm really likin' this guy!

His penchant for real food ... your body is a magnificent machine ... I'm sure we're going to come to blows about protein eventually but, hey ...

Here's a quote for you to ponder in type ...the living body does not have to be prompted to attain a level of health that precludes being overweight; it only needs to be given the opportunity to do so.

What do you think of that little nugget? Kinda reminds me of Nelie and her don't eat for the body you have, eat for the body you want.
  • Whoa! This guy took a weird left turn before I closed him up for the night. Food rotting in your stomach? Oh honey I don't know about that!

I'll continue and as usual probably come up with a few pointers that are useful ... there are great quotes ... but .... it's a bit fanciful for my taste.
  • Yup, he was weird.
    Can't agree with his thoughts on protein and his nonsense with regard to calories is just soooo off kilter.
    But I did get some good pointers.
    Enough can never be said about whole, natural foods.
    I agree that we are better able to ward off disease if we eat well and maintain a healthy weight.
    I agree that we can better deal with existing health conditions if we eat well and maintain a healthy weight.
    He's a bit light on exercise but does advocate moving several times a day.

One bit I'm taking to the bank is fruit 'til noon. If I'm at home and can grab something whenever I want ... I like it. It fits in calorie counting very well. And I feel good.

I would not recommend this book to a newbie who has a lot to learn about anatomy, physiology and nutrition. It's just too full of ... well .... nonsense.
  • "The #1 New York Times bestseller - over one year on the New York Times bestseller list!It's the program that shatters all the myths.." and so on and so forth... I skimmed through his book, and I agree with you: the guy knows his stuff, but he's way off at times. Thanks for your objective perspective on this.