What about e-books?

• I've been considering purchasing an e-book called "Fit Over 40" by Jon Benson and Tom Venuto. It seems to have a inspirational role models and ideas for mental strategies. Anyone familiar with this one or is there another e-book that you found beneficial?
  • I know nothing about this book. Is it a ture e-book, i.e. in a PDF format that you download and read, or a downloadable audiobook, which you listen to? I love the audiobooks, and always have several on my MP3 player.
  • I've read excerpts from it and know others who have read it. According to them, it's very light on substance, but these people are experienced weightlifters who have been carefully watching their nutrition for years.

Tom Venuto's "Burn the Fat, Feed the Muscle" is a very good e-book filled with nutritional and exercise information. Both of these books are geared towards weightlifters and are based on the 5-6 meals a day scenario. It explains the physiology of fat burning and muscle building much better than any other book I've read. There are several "plans" laid out in it, and ways to customize a plan for yourself, but no matter what, it comes down to small, frequent meals of lean protein, lots of vegetables, whole grain and unprocessed carbs, resistance training, and cardio.

Mel
  • Does anyone use Limewire? How can you tell if it's a book?
  • I own both the "Fit over 40" and "Burn the Fat, Feed the Muscle" e-books. I was not impressed with the "Fit over 40" book - as Mel mentioned, there is not a lot of substance in it. It mainly features profiles/photos of people in various age groups over 40 who have achieved bodybuilder/fitness model physiques. There is a section at the end, by Tom Venuto, that I would call "BFFM Lite", which doesn't really provide enough specific information.

I bought "Fit over 40", thinking it was a version of BFFM meant for those of us over 40. I was wrong and thus was quite disappointed in it, and ended up buying BFFM anyway.

My recommendation would be to buy the original BFFM book by Tom Venuto.
    Cindy