The Doctor's Diet by Dr Travis Stork

• Dr Travis Stork from the TV show The Doctors has written a diet book called The Doctor's Diet. I checked it out of the library yesterday and started reading it. In my opinion, it's a very good book. It is a nutritionally balanced diet of around 1400 calories. It eliminates sugar, and is rather low in grains and eliminates starchy carbs during the weight loss stage, but adds more later on. One thing I especially liked is that there is an extensive list of allowed foods, foods we eat every day, no weird or unusual foods. He discusses all the food groups and explains why we need them in the quantities he recommends. It includes sample menus for the day, and some healthy recipes.

I highly recommend this book, especially for someone dieting for the first time, those who are always asking When should I eat? What should I eat? and How much should I eat?
  • Thanks for sharing the book, Carol; I’ll look for it at my local library! Has this book helped you lose weight?

I’ve recently started eating healthier and drinking a lot more water than I used to, but there are always new things I could learn and this book seems like a good read.
  • I'm interested too