3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   The Maintenance Library (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/maintenance-library-169/)
-   -   Books that have helped motivate you or helped you lose weight (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/maintenance-library/175016-books-have-helped-motivate-you-helped-you-lose-weight.html)

Jojo381972 10-08-2013 03:23 PM

Glad to see this thread is still alive..

These books are geared to people on low carb and diabetics who want to turn their lives around. Also, geared to people who want to change their lives with whole food and losing weight with whole foods. These books also have great recipes in the back of them.

Ultra-Metabolism
, The Simple Plan for Automatic Weight Loss, Mark Hyman, M.D, 2006.

The Blood Sugar Solution, The Ultrahealthy Program for Losing Weight, Preventing Disease and Feeling Great Now
, Mark Hyman, M.D, 2012

Wheat Belly, William Davis, M.D, 2011

carolr3639 12-17-2013 10:13 AM

How To Have Your Cake and Skinny Jeans, Too by Josie Spinardi

slmon 12-28-2013 03:37 PM

I like Kim Bensen's "Finally Thin." I just wish she had gone into more detail describing her day-to-day-life as she lost weight. Also, she didn't say how many points - or the equivalent in calories - she was consuming as she lost weight. But it is an encouraging read.

gardenerjoy 12-29-2013 10:30 AM

I liked Finally Thin by Kim Bensen, too. One of the things I liked were all the tools where she presents the many options for how to lose weight. What works is different for everyone.

At about the same time, I read The Complete Beck Diet for Life by Judith Beck. The two together really helped me get going on my weight loss journey.

sam70kg 03-19-2014 02:38 PM

Run fat b!tch run - Ruth Field, hilarious, motivating and incredibly useful... for beginning running - this is the best thing i have read to get me moving, and the way she says things just resounds in your brain for months afterwards!!

ahna 03-30-2014 12:56 PM

Beck Diet Solution by Judith Beck

Why Weight Around? by Dr. Alwin Lewis

GIllian Riley's books

curvynotlumpy 04-02-2014 11:15 AM

Wow, lots of books I wasn't aware of! I haven't perused this whole thread, so these may have already been listed.

The End to Overeating: Taking Control of the Insatiable American Appetite by Dr. David Kessler

Half-Assed: A Weight-Loss Memoir by Jennette Fulda

Koshka 04-02-2014 04:59 PM

Half-Assed is a great book. I really enjoyed it.

gardengirlkp 05-23-2014 11:19 PM

Refuse to Regain, by Barbara Berkeley, MD.

40 years of yo-yo dieting ended. Now 2+ years in long term weight maintenance, 70 pounds lost and I went through menopause in the first year of weight maintenance. Never too late!

Wannabehealthy 05-30-2014 09:16 AM

I can't believe I never saw this thread before! It looks like there are some very interesting choices here. I, too, am a diet book junkie. Sometimes reading through them gives me enough incentive to get back on track! When I am absolutely sure that a book is not the plan for me, I give it away, but recently I have been saving my money and checking them out of the library!

SevenBlue 06-04-2014 08:44 PM

The Fat Loss Troubleshoot and "Starve Mode" by Leigh Peele are two books that have been very helpful to me as far as getting fit is concerned. I listen to the audiobooks of these titles at times when I'm exercising, as well.

There are many things in the dieting and fitness world that Leigh has observed through the years and commented upon in these books - since she had loads of experience, it was pretty interesting hearing her perspective.

What I enjoy most about these books are the no-nonsense, void of hype, very specific ideas put forward for the reader to consider, with her reasons as to why she has come to certain conclusions at the mo' - love that part, the why. This suits my personality just fine.

While I don't agree with her about everything, I have learned, and relearned, much from these books.