3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Maintainer Introductions (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/maintainer-introductions-168/)
-   -   perfect spot for me (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/maintainer-introductions/59484-perfect-spot-me.html)

beaglefanatic 06-12-2005 05:17 PM

perfect spot for me

hello all,

i have hung out on 3fc before but never new where to come when i got to this point. well, here is where i belong.

here's my story.

in november 2004 i reached my highest weight of 154 :o . i am 5'3" and when i got married six years ago i weighed just 110 :D . i had a lot of depression issues over the years which explains my weight gain :( . the last straw was a miscarriage last summer :( . during the pregnancy and the few months after my loss i'd gained a total of 15 pounds :o .

in november, i finally decided to get my life back. i ended up losing 37 pounds, reaching 116 on april 10th :D . then......i got pregnant again. the diet stopped, but i was careful not to gain too fast. well, at 8 weeks along i had an ultrasound to make sure this baby was okay and found out that i would lose this pregnancy too :(

this time it was twins and neither baby had grown, just the sacs. :(

it has been one week and 4 days since my d&c to remove all the tissue. with the surgery i lost 3 pounds of the 8 i had put on in two months of being pregnant. i have since lost another pound.

now i am trying to get back down to my absolute goal weight of 115. at 119, i am happy, but i want to be a tiny bit smaller. i have a very small frame, and small breasts, so i carry any extra weight right around my middle.

although i still am losing, i am working harder to stay below 120, no matter what. i still count my calories (not religiously or anything) in my head real quick during the day to make sure i am not exceeding my caloric intake. i am also mountain biking a few days a week.

i have had a rough road........i know there are a lot of women here who have children, i wonder are there any who have also lost babies? just wondering.

well, that's all from me, a quick intro.

take care all, and happy maintaining.

Mel 06-12-2005 09:36 PM

Hi Beagle :wave:

I'm glad you found Maintainers. Congratulations on your weightloss journey and getting back so close to goal. I'm so sorry to hear about your losses. I have two children, but the eight years between them were filled with several miscarriages and years of trying. Those were rough years on the body and soul. My heart goes out to you.

But, I'm glad you found us and please join us on the daily chat thread. We all struggle with most of the same issues in maintaining. :)

Mel

Meg 06-13-2005 05:01 AM

Welcome, Beagle! You've had a rough time of it :grouphug: but good for you for focusing on taking care of yourself now. We'd love to have you join in on our weekly discussions about maintenance. :)

silverbirch 06-13-2005 03:21 PM

Hello Beagle

Nice to see you here. I'm a lurker mostly but I do post when I can.

I'm so very sorry to hear about your miscarriages. I have had two and that was one of the saddest periods of my life. For me, though, the wheel eventually turned and I now have my son (born when I was 44).

Well done for looking after yourself. It's most definitely the way forward!

Love, Silverbirch

Sashenka 06-13-2005 05:38 PM

Hi, Beaggle,

I lost my unborn baby about 1.5 years ago - he would be 1 year old this June. I am still suffering thru depressions and it also reflected a lot on my relationship with hubby. Also, I had it all hard as I had 6 abdominal surgeries after my third child was born and miscarriage (which my obstetricial still says was a blessing because otherwise I would get hurt really badly when giving birth and would have to stay on bed rest for last 3-4 month of pregnancy) - I am so understanding what you are going thru.

I hope it works for you. You never know, I was diagnozed with secondary infertility after my first daughter was born - and now I have 3 kids (third one was biggest surprize, while second one took about 9 years to make :)). Life is exciting journey, you never know what expect next...

I also hope that your weight will come to normal. Good luck,
Sandy.

beaglefanatic 06-14-2005 05:49 PM

thank you

thank you all ladies for sharing your stories with me. struggling with the loss of children is very hard as you know, and i am just beginning. i am 28 now and i know people keep telling me i have lots of time and that one of these times it may work, but i find it hard to believe at this point. it has only been 3 weeks since my second loss. but looking at you ladies who have been though losses and now have children gives me hope. thank you for sharing.